I am so damn pissed! šŸ¤¬

Point blank ask HR if this is where heā€™s coming fom. They WILL deny it, but it may get them to examining security guyā€™s motives on their own.

Can you quietly look this guyā€™s facebook page up? If youre lucky heā€™ll have posted conspiracy theories or religous b.s. about implants. Screen shot it and take that to HR.

Nice piece.

I have a similar approach to happiness - albeit slightly different. I stick to two principles:

1/ Always behave honestly and decently. Donā€™t be a dick (all the time). And as sone fictional character once said, do unto others as you would have others do unto you. Iā€™m old enough to know that good behavior is always rewarded, whether itā€™s the next minute or the next decade.

2/ Donā€™t ever expect anything good to happen in life. If it doesnā€™t, well, no surprise. When it does - and it always does by virtue of rule #1, youā€™re amazed and you feel like the luckiest guy in the world.

With those two rules, I managed to pepper the world with very good friends, and I feel like my life is an unending lucky streak.

Aaaandā€¦ that was a derail :slight_smile:

1 Like

:smile:

I love that you gave yourself a ā€œbe a dickā€ (some of the time) clause

3 Likes

Totally agree on that - it just makes no sense to behave unfriendly. I try to stay true to myself, and I can take quite a (verbal) fight if neccessary, but I am usually a nice person. I think. Mostly.

Ah, that one I canā€™t agree to. It works for many people, so itā€™s great if it works for you, but I am massively optimistic usually. Not naive and enough of a realist not to expect much from mankind in general, of course, but I just love to think positive. I am already happy when I imagine wonderful things, and double happy if they actually happen. If not, I was at least happy once :smile:

Is important as well :smile:

Okay, this doesnā€™t sound that badā€¦ so there is a chance that theyā€™ll not force you to take the implant out? I keep my fingers crossed for that, especially if the people you work with are generally nice guys and itā€™s just one of them overreacting massivelyā€¦

1 Like

WOW, itā€™s like you are in my head

Some people are Eyorres some are Tiggers

We can only try and convert themā€¦ But most are ā€œhappyā€ being sad :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Says the guy with the depressive robot as a profile picture :stuck_out_tongue:
But like I said, some people are very happy being pessimistic, and it actually works for them - I can hardly relate to that, but same goes the other way round. So I guess Iā€™m okay with that :wink:

Damn, okay, I have to derail a little further - this here (yes, Iā€™m in Barlow-mode^^) is one of the most positive (albeit admittedly naive) texts about the possibilities of the internet. I just love to read it from time to time, just to be remembered of the incredible optimism of those beginning yearsā€¦

1 Like

The problem is the people I actually work with donā€™t have a say. Its the vp of hr and head of security that have a problem.

1 Like

doesnā€™t know anything about rfid security

sounds like this guy being chief cybersecurity advisorā€¦

see-no

wow

hnmmm

woo

3 Likes

Yea, letā€™s just hope heā€™s not the kind of guy to double down when he does realize heā€™s wrongā€¦

vp of security canā€™t be wrongā€¦ therefore he wonā€™t be wrong. you will be gone before that happens.

ā€œThere are no poor people in America, only temporarily embarrassed millionaires.ā€

Yup. I had a job once very briefly where it was very straight forward. It was a warehouse and you had to unload two trucks a day. If you missed the quota, you didnā€™t have a job the next day. There are always folks desperate enough to take the job while looking somewhere else.

Hmm well, it was more a matter of avoiding the inevitable ā€œexplain this post thenā€ if I hadnā€™t added the clause :slight_smile:

Thing is, people can be dicks every once in a while without it being a permanent personality feature. Weā€™re only humans after all.

1 Like

Luckily Iā€™m only a dick 80% of the timeā€¦

God this whole thing makes me happy that my boss can be sensible at times (he is not a good person and treats us like shit but he does use common sense)

I am known in the workplace for messing withing things and pretty much being a wannabe Pen tester. Ill show up to the managers office some days and go
ā€œhey i found out how to access and control all of our security cameras, please change your password from ā€œpasswordā€ā€
or
ā€œhey i can now control that door with my implant, how? you leave the master for lying around and i cloned itā€

Iā€™m lucky my boss sees this as a good thing and not just fire me or make me remove the fob clone from my hand (he actually quite likes seeing me use it)

2 Likes

Well, for a change of tone, and just to make yā€™all jealous: boy am I glad I work for a company where everybody is aware of my shenanigans and perfectly okay with them, most of them are pretty interested in the hows and whys and what-fors of my implants, my boss regularly asks me what Iā€™ll implant next, or what company door I plan on modifying next (with his permission of course :slight_smile:) and even tells me Iā€™m welcome to take a few days off to go see my installer in Helsinki, rest up afterwards, or avoid hitting the workshop for a while if itā€™s a big implant job.

So there :stuck_out_tongue:

iā€™m always jelly of you rosco, your auto turn on office with the main door, foot passwords and all the shenanigans i have read about.

Yeah my workplace is awesome. Every morning when I get to work I canā€™t believe how lucky I am. Hell, my boss even agrees to let me test DT chips with the companyā€™s devices :wink: I really told him what it was for and all, and he said ā€œsure, if we can help, go right aheadā€.

3 Likes

You forgot Captain Hurl. :nauseated_face:

Heā€™s not doing it on purpose :slight_smile: Was actually. He seems to be getting over it, seeing as though I seem to look and act more or less human-like despite those horrid things under my skin.

It occurs to me @darkdragon885

You never gave me specifics, I only did a little digging on my end, so I could be wrong (thereā€™s your Opening for plausible deniability)

But unless Iā€™m mistaken this employer actively works with microchips, thus they shouldnā€™t fear the boogey man since they know how this shit works

1 Like