I am so damn pissed! šŸ¤¬

Excuse my ignorance, that is the 2nd time Iā€™ve seen you use USiaā€¦what does that refer to?

Oh come on, really? :slight_smile:

Well if I have to spell it out, that would be Uncle Sam, written in a (maybe not so clever) way to ressemble Russia, to emphasis on how itā€™s starting to look very much like a corrupt cryptofascist dictatorship.

Maybe with an extra ā€œsā€ I may have got it :man_shrugging:

USsia

Fair enough :slight_smile: I thought it was a common intentional misspelling though.

Iā€™ll admit, I didnā€™t know what you were implying, but I would have with pilgrims spelling

Gotta make sure we understand when youā€™re mocking us

Just for the record, I never mock Americans. Theyā€™re good people, like most people in all countries, and I like most of them. I do pity them for living in such an heartless and inhumane society though, knowing now how it goes elsewhere. I mock the latter, if I mock anything.

So as of now the legal team has advised the vp that they are within their rights to ask me to remove the chips. Iā€™m thinking at this point Iā€™m about to say f it and quit, so I was going to try one last thing and send an email straight to the owner explaining the situation and technology. There is no way it can be legal to ask me to remove a suspected security risk, ā€˜ā€˜excuse me sir but your cochlear implant could be used to spy, we need to ask you to remove itā€™ā€™

How do they even got to know abour your chips?

Die they saw them and said something like wtf is that under your skin?

That cannot be anymore legal than asking someone to be castrated. That legal team needs some retraining methinks.

4 Likes

No I brought it up I was dumb enough to think the head of security might actually understand the technology considering its what the companies security is based on. So I asked if it would be ok to put my work id on, and it opened a can of worms.

1 Like

If you live in America, and you donā€™t need the reference, let them fire you and document as much as you can of existing policy and such.

Personally what I would do

Couple things, since this has reached a bad level

Give us some details about your employer, (or even name drop)
And your state/country, laws vary

Thereā€™s a lot of difference between McDonaldā€™s and the CIA, and context can matter

Are you confirming you never wrote work ids onto your chips?

I agree and then some,

If you just roll over and quit, it sets a precedent that employers can do this and get away with it, And thatā€™s bad for all of us

I would highly suggest you seek legal representation, it might not cost you what you think, many places will take a cut rather than up front, if the case looks easy enough

Stupid question, and I donā€™t agree with it fully,
But can you just SAY you removed them?

What are they going to do X-ray you? Or massage your hand?

2 Likes

Nah, you donā€™t want to stay at a company once crap like this happens.
But surely if they want to get rid of you at least make it as hard as you can.

I wouldnā€™t want to stay at a company where the head of security knows jack squat about security and the in-house lawyers give crap legal advice.

1 Like

Honestly @darkdragon885 if you like your job and you want to keep it but theyā€™re acting like this, open a claim with the EEOC. Theyā€™ll reach out to your employer and tell them this is beyond the scope of your employment contract and hopefully you can avoid any legal shenanigans.

2 Likes

That could be a stretch. It doesnā€™t fall under any of the discrimination areas.

Blockquote
Under the laws enforced by EEOC, it is illegal to discriminate against someone (applicant or employee) because of that personā€™s race, color, religion, sex (including gender identity, sexual orientation, and pregnancy), national origin, age (40 or older), disability or genetic information. It is also illegal to retaliate against a person because he or she complained about discrimination, filed a charge of discrimination, or participated in an employment discrimination investigation or lawsuit.
Blockquote

21 posts were merged into an existing topic: Church of transhumanism

I wrote out a whole bunch more but lost it before I could post it. so the abridged version below

Playing devils advocate here :smiling_imp:

• Your employer can ask you to remove them
  • You can say no (This is a no brainer so I wonā€™t expand on reasons)

• Your employer can ask you not to use your implants for work purposes.
  • This is understandable; they are afraid of what they donā€™t understand. It is not up to you to teach and inform, but it would be in your best interest to put together an ā€œeducation packageā€

• You have been issued an access card, you have copied that card. Your original data is now a security risk.
    If you are now only only using your implant, your original card should be handed back.

• If your original card was lost or stolen, you would be less likely to know it was missing.
    Any security breach that occurred due to this would be your responsibility and you would be to blame for the consequences.

• Alternatively, if your access card is also printed with ID details, photo etc and needs to be displayed / carried anyway, what is the point of the implant?

Remember, these are not MY views, but understandable views / opinions from ā€œthe other sideā€ :smiling_imp:

1 Like

My problem is not that I canā€™t use the implant. They are not offering the option not to use it for work. They are telling me if I want to keep my job I have to remove them. So yes I can say no but I have to decide if this fight is worth it or not. Right now all I use my chip for is opening my garage. They also want me to remove my spark 2 which they also donā€™t understand. It is a good job for a good company, so I am really not having an easy time figuring this out. I wrote a small ā€œresearch paperā€ but I have to decide if I am willing to risk the job, since I know the vp wonā€™t listen my next step is to send the info straight to the owner/ceo. So Iā€™m just trying to figure out how hard I want to fight. Thanks for the devils advocate but believe me Iā€™m already surrounded by them.

2 Likes

What country do you live in?

I would suggest you ask your ceo, do they prohibit any other devices in their building such as rfid access badges or contactless credit cards

If not, their actions can and probably will be seen as discrimination and open them to to a lawsuit