Church of transhumanism

Most everything the Finnish authorities write (or the Finns in general) is concise and to the point, because the Finns haven’t got time for bullshit. If there’s something that defines them, it’s that they’re no time wasters, and while they display a high degree of polite silence when you waste theirs, they don’t like it much either.

1 Like

I clearly see why you chose that place to stay…

Yeah I like them. It’s not the easiest culture to get to know, but it’s worth knowing. What I keep wondering is how they put up with me, considering the amount of crap I talk :slight_smile:

Yes ma’am :slight_smile:

1 Like

If anyone is researching “recent religions”, I’d be remiss not to mention Dudeism. I’m a Dudeist Monk, myself.

1 Like

illegal to discriminate against someone (applicant or employee) because of that person’s race, color, religion, sex

Remember: whenever some law of rule involves religion, you can subvert it by simply by making up religious beliefs.

But if it comes to arbitration, it still has to be credible. I.e. you still have to show that you’re a member of some actual religious organization, or that there are other followers. You can make a lot of shit up with religious beliefs, but if you’re the only believer, it doesn’t fly in court.

In your case, lo and behold, once again Amal has you covered: just say you’re a prospective member of the Church of Transhumanism:

2 Likes

Ya tried before but donations were paused. Tried again now donations still paused.

You don’t need to donate. You can use the fundraiser’s very existence to prove that your “beliefs” are shared by others, and you didn’t just make them up on the spot to abuse the EEO.

1 Like

Check out the church of body modification you could definitely sign up on account of your chips as long as you write a compelling message about how you worship by modifying your body. Whether it holds up in legal settings as religious discrimination I have no clue, but it’s a legal church.

5 Likes

Reading through this thread makes me kinda speechless in many ways.
We live in a world full of technology. Soon we (hopefully) see a better year 2021…this year will bring definitely even more new technologies to our planet. Like every year does. But a company who is forcing someone to remove helpful technology from the body looks more like they are still living in the stone age to me…

Even if your case might not fall under any of the listed discrimination areas by now, things like that might become a clear point of discrimination in the upcoming future, because more and more people are using implants to unlock their stuff. The real problem behind all this, is that such companies might be starting to think that they can make decisions about OUR bodies as soon as they notice that we start to remove our implants as soon as they say so…

Okay, in my company I’m not allowed to have clearly visible tattoos or piercings, everything covered by clothes is okay, and small visible tattoos are allowed but should be covered by makeup during work. (In reality even most big names in the company have visible tattoos at least on their arms and they only cover them when the boss pays us a visit) Even if I don’t really like this point, I can understand it because as a security guard I must look very serious in some way…so a funny tattoo in the face maybe would be not the best idea then…
But since such chips are not really visible it’s truly only the point that your company don’t trust the whole technology behind your implants… Damn… Hard to tell what I would do in this case, but if you say

I understand that. BUT…

Maybe they were a good company once…that seems to be not the case anymore if they force you to cut out implants… If you do it for them, what will they request next time from you?!

Maybe interesting enough the company I work for is directly connected to the military… (I decided to don’t go more in detail here) but even our district manager and many others I know for many years now have implants to unlock their cars, some of them even unlock their security patrol cars with chip implants! So no problem here, even if we are the companies security team with such implants.

I didn’t know this before, because I switched to this job in January this year, but my Site manager, that I know from my previous job in the same company, unlocked his patrol car one day directly in front of me with his hand. I asked him and he told me about his chips. He told me also about all others in the company who are using the same implants. (Found out that he has a xNT, Spark 2 and a NExT! )
Funny enough, he explained to me that they are using these chips because they are much more secure than any other key… And you company see them as a security risk…strange world that we are living in…

Oh and BTW: Thanks to @Mariarangok for the link to the church of body modification. Truly interesting, and definitely what I was looking for quite a while… :slightly_smiling_face:

Hope that Amal tries to continue the launch of the church of transhumanism… (The best time for it is exactly now!) Since this forum is such a great crowdfunding community and especially because this case here is a clear sign that people like us are already getting discriminated for what we use to make our daily lives a lot better and easier… Not sure if a church would really help in things like this, but maybe it would help to get some more attention for our problems. At least it would fit for religious discrimination. In the near future we might need new laws to protect our personal rights from companies like that one you are working for… Things like that could happen to everyone here in the forum, so we should really work together to get our personal rights protected by something more official…

2 Likes

I’m officially affected by that as well - I’m working in sales and officially, no visible tattoos and no visible piercings except for one ring per ear (!) are allowed.
Seriously, I think this is hilarious as well. Yep, some people may not like the way I look (currently showing 15 piercings in my face and ears…), but they will keep on shopping in our shop no matter how I look, as long as I am friendly and competent. I seriously don’t like the looks of lots of sales persons I see, and I still buy my stuff there, for I just don’t give a fuck at all…

This might be one of the very few cases where I can understand that restriction… but I still don’t agree with it! :wink:

Agree on that, and I think it should be equally impossible to discriminate against people because of tattoos, piercings or the haircut… things like that are important, are a way to show your personality, and not something you can change only for your time at work (like wearing special clothes or such). So it has an effect on your private life, and I think that’s simply not okay. When I read that guys at UPS are not allowed to have a beard, I think this is just so absurd it just can’t be legal… and it definitely shouldn’t be.

In the US, this is easier - in Germany, it’s very hard to be officially acknowledged as a church. Even the Church of Satan, which is an official religious thing in the US (and I believe in the Netherlands as well?), is not a church over here, and you can’t blame people for religious discrimination if they try to throw you off your school because of it :wink: Believe me, tried it out :smile:

1 Like

Hmm, not quite: Amal’s on holiday. Even prophets need a break every once in a while, otherwise they get very cross. Just ask Jesus…

Let’s talk about that in 2021… more than money, we need clergy to take on operations requirements, policy research, filings, international expansion, etc. … to do it well so it serves our purposes properly, it really would need to be like running a real church, and that’s a big job… but it’s worth discussing.

3 Likes

As a die-hard atheist, I would join that church.

6 Likes

I couldnt have said that any better myself.

@amal mor that happy to get behind this and found the “uk chapter”

2 Likes

It is a lot of work, indeed. I can offer my support as well.

2 Likes

So I somewhere between agnostic and atheist

On my more atheist days, I’m torn

I don’t want to play the game of “religion” and help perpetuating its silly privileges,
But on the other hand, maybe a taste of their own medicine would help ( always funny at least )

It works out really well for TST in the US

1 Like

Religion is the wrong word at least in the uk and most of Europe it would be ok to state that it is a belief system that provides you support.

1 Like

This is a really fucked situation. Sorry for the political touch, but I have to say that employers having power over our lives in this way is completely out of line with the “America is the most free country” image that most of its citizens seem to think is valid.

Anyway, in a more serious and on topic point, I would say that if you’re interested in the religious rights path, talking to someone from The Satanic Temple might benefit you here. They use religious freedom provided by the first amendment to protect bodily autonomy and all that good shit which is kind of implied in situations like this. They have fought (successfully) a lot of cases regarding, for example, kids getting physically reprimanded at school, and legal requirements for overly moralistic abortion laws etc etc.

2 Likes