I am so damn pissed! 🤬

Could be wrong but you appear to be in my state,

I know a couple lawyers, and I don’t want companies to get away with this in my area

Pm me if you want

3 Likes

Lol tried to pm you but you aren’t accepting messages at the moment?

That’s weird, I’ve received plenty, lemme check
Says you should be able to message me… I’ll pm you I guess lol

Oh right, I can’t because you’re private sigh

I’ll try to contact you outside forum
Contact established, referring some recommendations

To add my comments to Pilgrims’:

• Your employer can ask you to remove them Sure they can. I can ask you a million bucks also.
    You can say no (This is a no brainer so I won’t expand on reasons)
    In addition, they can’t fire you for saying no if the implant doesn’t conflict with your job description. I don’t know what you do, but I’d be surprised if your implant prevented you from doing your work, or interfered with the company’s operations in any way.

Your employer can ask you not to use your implants for work purposes. Perfectly legit demand
    […]

You have been issued an access card, you have copied that card. This might be ground for termination if you did it without telling them. They could possibly sue you under the DMCA too Your original data is now a security risk although to be fair, if you could clone your card, it was a security risk from the get-go :slight_smile:.
    […]

I might be wrong, but it sounds like he never even cloned anything

Also to make matters worse for the company, sounds like they knew he had them before he was hired… the plot thickens

1 Like

agreed, that was in my first “draft”

That’s correct. He went the “official” way by asking permission first, and his wanting to do things right is what landed him in this pickle, sadly enough That’s why I wrote “if you did it without telling them”. Entirely hypothetical.

Not to be cliche, but lawyers are like guns, once somebody pulls one out, everybody has to.

Get legal representation. Don’t work this on your own or with non legal advice. Just don’t.

Often times a well written lawyers letter is enough to back this kind of crap off, sometimes more is needed. Your lawyer will know exactly what to do and the magic words that other lawyers know mean business.

She /He can also help protect you against trying some corporate back door shit. Once an issue is addressed LEGALLY, retribution / harrassment becomes a big damn deal.

Get a lawyer.

4 Likes

I am not an expert in any topic here but to me, a lawyer does sound like the best idea.

I don’t know how it works in the US nowadays, or the particular industry darkdragon885 works in, but I would ratchet it up personally: try to knock some sense into the management first (in writing, on record, letting them know in no uncertain terms that this will escalate if no gentlement’s agreement is reached), union rep second if available, file a EEOC complaint third, attorney last.

If it was just a supervisor, yeah. But the v.p. and company lawyers? It’s already been escalated beyond what can be dealt with solo.

Trying by yourself, you get told its a security issue.

A lawyer would likely request specifics. What company property is at risk of interacting with the chip, what company property would be at risk of damages, how would these damages be presented?

And being professionally communicated lawyer to lawyer the company either has to respond with detailed specifics, or be forced to publicly acknowledge they have none. Without the lawyer you’ll only get non specific replies that the company will expect to be treated as fact.

If you want to keep the job, and you don’t think they’re going to drop it, then you need professional help.

True enough.

Beyond the matter of rightfully defending oneself against sheer ignorance, incompetence and corporate hubris, I most certainly would not want to keep working in a company with people of that caliber in charge. I hope they’re not all like that…

The world isn’t filled completely with assholes, they’re just strategically placed so that you run into one every single day.

4 Likes

They do seem to have a knack for crowding the top positions and making life miserable for the rest of us though…

5 Likes

Not a lawyer or anything so I can only recommend you get one as soon as possible, not sure if this will help in any capacity but have you thought about getting one of the implants potted in clear resin on a card? just so you can show them and give demonstrations that it’s the same as an ID card? I can’t remember if it was DangerousThings or a different company that offered this but maybe it will help them to understand how… impractical it would be to try and steal the information off of your implants? I mean if anything an ID card is way more dangerous for security.

What ever you decide to do I wish you the best and hope you come out on top!

3 Likes

The more I think about this, the more it seems odd that the VP of the company is handling it. This is pretty clearly a H.R. issue. To my mind, this speaks of a personal issue on her / his part. Maybe personal revulsion, religious reaction, cultural repulsion, or some other thing unique to that person.

Also the exact sort of thing a Lawyer would point out to the company’s lawyers. If it was, say religious, then the repercussions of the VP’s actions are pretty obvious, predictable, defined, and severe.

While they would obviously deny that was the case, they would have to reliably explain an issue that wasn’t going to get them into a heap of trouble. And vague generic “security issues” aren’t going to cut it. This is exactly how a lawyer could pin them down by forcing them to detail their objections or be forced to admit that it’s some form of unwarranted persecution.

Also, once that’s on the table, they couldn’t just drop it and fire you for some other “unrelated” reason. That kind of retribution is just the thing to prove that it was an innapropriate and legally actionable reason that you were let go.

I don’t really think it’d go that far. Just the presence of a lawyer is likely to shut the whole thing down. Corporations play safe, and don’t tolerate controversy, which is why the VP would chicken out in a hurry.

2 Likes

I figured out earlier today the companies naming system is a little weird turns out it was the vp of people development(H.R.)

1 Like

ok as an update the lawyer I talked to said I’m not in a protected class and my employment is at will so my employer is allowed to make me remove my chips in order to keep my job.

1 Like

Oh wow… So now it comes down to choosing between the scalpel and the dole :frowning:

What a heinous country where something like that is allowed to happen.