I DID IT! My NExT is in!

sigh Still can’t read it with my phones using NFC Tools (KBR finds it fine though). I mean I’m not surprised or upset, just disappointed cause I hoped I’d be lucky. A decent enough amount of swelling is still going on though, so oh well.

I do think I’m gonna wait til I can read it (hopefully) to do my next implants, and hopefully that’ll give me a better idea if I got it close enough to the surface or if it’s too deep.

2 Likes

Woo! Getting reads with my phones!!! Still learning best read position and hoping it improves a bit as swelling continues to go down, or at the least that I get the Spark better positioned as I put that in soon.

3 Likes

Great stuff and great news

1 Like

Thank you!!!

Spark2 is now in too!!! This time in the actual left hand, @ODaily. :wink:

No blood to speak of this time, and I think even an easier insertion once the needle was in place. Just slipped right out, last time there was a little more resistance (which is, of course, futile).

2 Likes

Awesome.

How’s life with two stabbed hands? I just did the one hand, and could mostly avoid using it for a coupla days.

2 Likes

Well the other one is basically healed and not really uncomfortable unless I put direct pressure where the chip is. This doesn’t feel quite as painful as the last one did, which swelled up right away. I can’t read the chip yet and I imagine it’s not gonna be perfect of course, but it feels ok now that I’ve got a bit more of a hang of the install.

I’ve got 2 of 4 in now, but I want to get to… 7 of 9. :wink:

3 Likes

And now my xG3 is in too! I did not at all estimate how f’ing big it is, lol. I will say this much for others who stumble on it, you should really consider professional help installing it and account for how big it is. I put it in position 1 on my left hand and OUCH. Almost didn’t get it in.

3 Likes

The xG3 is 3mm right? So the needle has to be at least that ID… Yeah seems quite large…

2 Likes

Just sayin’

At least now you are 3 of 4.
One step closer to 7 of 9 :vulcan_salute:

3 Likes

Yup. I didn’t even think about it, and by the time I realized it the package was already opened, so I’m like well, if it’s already broken sterility, what the hell, why not, cause I couldn’t think of another place for it that I really wanted it to go, and I didn’t have any experience in, say, forearm installation, so I just went for it.

2 Likes

hahahaha, thank you! We are deeply pleased with the results of the implantation procedure.

And in reference to your pic:

2 Likes

Thank @Sijaka for that image
here’s the link to that thread

1 Like

That’s a 4g needle right? So 5mm? The xG3 would be like a 7g maybe 6g I guess… Still fairly large if you’re doing it DIY especially if you’re not expecting it.

giphy-10

4 Likes

Haha, that gif made me laugh

Queue the needle sizing info thread…

1 Like

So the jump from a NExT to a G3 is ~1.15mm and from G3 to Flex is ~1.35mm. Interesting Ty, forgot about that thread.

2 Likes

I am so ready for this fist cannon!
My last round of fun was a 12mm removal of septum cartilage.

Hidden Fleshy Photo

1 Like

That is a good chunk of flesh :meat_on_bone:

Ready for some body mods?
images (54)

3 Likes

Absolutely cracking up, lol. Thanks for that gif.

1 Like

Owies!!!

I finally did my xM1 install. That’s 4 of 4. For starters, it’s really quite shallow, lol. I might’ve gotten it TOO shallow in fact, but I guess only time and healing will tell. I guess I didn’t realize this was ALSO a 3mm, lol.

Second, I had to make SEVEN attempts, lol. FUUUUUUU(dge).

It’s in P4 right which turned out to be a poor place since the skin is a wee bit tight there. Just hoping to hell that it is actually deep enough and doesn’t get rejected or anything else. There was SO. MUCH. BLOOD. Some places I pricked barely bled at all, some were like “I… think that was a vein.” (Not really that bad, just being dramatic - I’m safe, just a LOT of blood compared to the others especially in P0.)

Anyway, unless you’re doing Position 0 folk (WITH a smaller implant), please please please take my advice and DT’s, and do this right with a professional installer, or at least someone experienced who can do it for you.

Thanks so much to the wonderful community here, in particular @Pilgrimsmaster, @NiamhAstra, @Backpackingvet, and an honorary mention to @ODaily for helping me figure out my right from left. :wink:

Now I’m off to figure out my next implants.

5 Likes