I dream of Implants šŸ§ž + Poll

Well, had yet another implant-related nightmare last night. Think itā€™s my 4th or 5th. No idea why these keep happening.

I was outdoors, helping attach a car to a tow truck or something I think, and part of the tow hook (a big rusty iron cube) slammed into my hand, right where my xSIID is. It left a massive bruise at the xSIID site, and my hand started bleeding from like 30 different places, in a near-perfect grid (reminds me of Pinhead from Hellraiser). I notice that my xSIID is now poking out of the top of my hand (with the blue LED lit), as if it has slid in a straight line until it forced its way out.

As I notice this, my hand clenches, and my xSIID shoots out. I catch it with my other hand, and weirdly, itā€™s way too big compared to the actual xSIID, probably ~7mm in diameter, and like 40mm long. The shape was similar to those old SIID prototypes, the ones that werenā€™t meant to be implanted.

Iā€™m curious, as I was a few months ago, if itā€™s caused by anxiety and stress, or completely random. I have very vivid dreams often, so I guess that predisposes me. I know a few other members have talked about having them (@Eriequiet I think mentioned it once).

Hereā€™s a poll, out of curiosity, although itā€™ll get easily buried.

Have you ever had a nightmare involving your implant?

• No, havenā€™t had an implant nightmare
  • Yes, and it involved some kind of implant destruction/body horror
  • Yes, other circumstance

0 voters

4 Likes

I subscribe to the notion that dreams are more or less your brain defraging and downloading RAM to ROM

The Random tabs that were open get mixed together, and you get some random dream

I think we dream about implants in our nightmares because we are all worried about smashing them, or getting a random infectionā€¦ or them migrating, or pushing back through the skin

None of us want that, so we quietly push that worry to the back of our mindā€¦. Where it sometimes gets a spotlight during the dream cycle

2 Likes

Also, if itā€™s ā€œother circumstanceā€, please share if you donā€™t mind :slight_smile: really curious what experiences people are having.

I had a dream a few times of the skin around my implants sort of bubbling and when reaching down to touch it the skin just sort of fell away.

1/10 do not recommend

Seriously though I agree with the RAM to ROM comment usually when I have weird dreams itā€™s because Iā€™ve been playing with my implants, been talking about them or something. Funny how the rest of the time I dont really think about them there just part of me.

1 Like

Pretty boring compared to that, but I donā€™t have any implants but had a dream a month ago that was just an x-series install then nothing

3 Likes

I also had a dream of an x series install at some point.

Iā€™ve had nightmares about some family members finding out. Because sadly, I have family members who belong in the you know what threadā€¦

3 Likes

I have the xG3 magnet in my hand and I occasionally have dreams where it gets stuck to a strong magnet and Iā€™m trying to carefully separate the magnet without it pulling the implant through my skin. Usually my skin goes through necrosis and the implant rips out or I wake up before I separate the magnets.

1 Like

I had many dreams involving Magnet implants but mostly funny stuff - for example i implanted a car lifting e magnet so i can attach myself on cars and follow them with a skateboard^
grafik

5 Likes

I had a dream last night that involved an implanted ball valve with the stem passing through my skin. And that the thing that keeps the shaft in place had failed and my blood pressure was pushing out that piece of metalā€¦

1 Like

Reminds me of the old valve introā€¦

valve logo

Thatā€™s pretty freaky though.

3 Likes

A part of me finds it freaky and another part of me wants a valve transdermal implant.

The valves in my dream were significantly smaller but youā€™re not the only one who thought of Gaben this morningā€¦

Iā€™ve always loved the ā€œOpen your eyesā€ and ā€œOpen your mindā€ intros.

2 Likes

Somehow, another one.

I think the dream started with me lying on my hand or something, and something felt off. I sit up, and check my xSIID, and itā€™s out of encapsulation. Itā€™s moving around freely, heading towards my thumb. I thought ā€œthatā€™s no goodā€ and try to gently push it back. Itā€™s like thereā€™s a solid wall blocking my implant from moving back the way to where it started. I push really hard, push hard, nothing, canā€™t break through. As Iā€™m trying to figure out what to do, I walk around, and eventually look down. Itā€™s reversed mostly out of the injection site now, and is sticking out. For some reason, itā€™s huge and long just like the other dream/nightmare. I genuinely thought in the dream ā€œhuh, it does actually look like it did in that dream a few nights agoā€. Itā€™s coated in a thick red film of blood. I go to pull it the rest of the way out, and at this point Iā€™m thinking ā€œwell this sucks, gonna have to see if I can get it sterilized and reinstalledā€. As I think that, it slips from my hand just as it comes fully out, and flies behind my dresser. I pull out my dresser, very annoyed, and find it. I go to enthusiastically grab it, and the glass is completely shattered.

My hand gets covered in these tiny shards of glass (some bigger), and they all stick in me. I begin trying to pull them out, while simultaneously cleaning up shards from the carpet. I keep getting stuck with these little pieces of glass, over and over, feeling something that resembled pain.

At this point, I think ā€œat least I have my other two implantsā€. I look at my left hand, and half my hand, towards the thumb side, looks super fucked up. Itā€™s like thereā€™s zero blood in that half of my hand, and itā€™s all sharp and pointy from the bone with skin wrapped tightly around it. I realize itā€™s due to the other implants somehow constricting blood flow, and that I would have to go to the hospital. I genuinely think ā€œplease let this be a dreamā€ and try to pinch myself, but I swear, it felt normal to dream me! I remain panicking for a few minutes, but eventually wake up.

I feel like some kind of sleep god is taunting me at this point lmfao

4 Likes

My only ā€œdreamā€ experience with implants was a weird one, afaik it was the chip getting loose under my skin and just sliding all around my bodyā€¦ weird. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

i actually forgot i had these nightmares after install. the one i can remember distinctly was where it popped out and i had to push it back in and i woke up when i got scared of infection.

Iā€™ve had two, neither were very interesting. First one I just felt a magnetic field with my Titan. Second one I had one of mine break under my skin, and it hurt pretty bad, so I had to get it removed

Perhaps reading this thread put the idea in my subconscious mind. Just had a dream last night, well more like a nightmare. I was playing with my implant under the skin and somehow pushed it deeper down my arm towards my wrist. From there, I tried to push it back into place. Tried to use toothpicks to hold it in place. I ended up pushing too hard and having it pop out of my skinā€¦ Wild!

Letā€™s hope that doesnā€™t happen in real life. Has me scared to touch it now. :joy:

5 Likes

I had a dream about getting an implant installed and having a bit of a hematoma mostly towards the proximal end of the vial. I wouldnā€™t call this a nightmare but I still hope that this wonā€™t happen on my next install.

1 Like

I had a dream involving me badging in on my refrigerator. There was another one where I had a tattoo of instructions and placement marks. Not comic book movie style, but like Swedish furniture instruction manual style.

2 Likes

Iā€™ve had dreams after I get a new tattoo that I get in the shower and all my tattoos start washing off, I start freaking out because some of them Iā€™ve had for many years and I donā€™t know what is wrong with my skin. But I donā€™t think Iā€™ve had any implant related dreams.

4 Likes