I dream of Implants šŸ§ž + Poll

I havenā€™t had one, but Iā€™m sure I will now thanks to this lol :joy:

2 Likes

Before I had my first installed, I had a few dreams where I had an xLED installed in my fingertip that had gotten infected and swollen. No dreams of implant destruction, however.

et-extra-terrestrial

5 Likes

I think that a few people have implanted xLEDs in their fingertips. But thatā€™s not the best place for a glassieā€¦

1 Like

Well it happened. I had a nightmare that my implant moved from the spot where it was all the way around to my palm and it was so painful and I had to push it back into place and I woke up.

3 Likes

Iā€™ve not even had my implant in yet but saw this poll yesterday then had a dream last night.

Dream was (Iā€™m getting an implant in my hand) I turn up to get the implant installed and the guy whoā€™s doing it is off sick but someone else says they can do it. Ask where I want the implant and draw in the 4 position on my hand. Original plan was small scalpel cut at front of hand and separate the tissue for implant but this new girl says nah Iā€™ll go in thru the wrist.

Then straps my hand down so I canā€™t move and comes back with a big kitchen knife. Put it on my hand just below the wrist and cut thru the back of my hand, I can see/hear the tendons twang as theyā€™re cut. Then I woke up

Wtf

3 Likes

I swear, this thread has a subconscious effect on me. Glanced at it yesterday and had a nightmare last night.

For some reason, I was in a highschool classroom, sitting at a desk. I was messing with an implant that I donā€™t even have, but it was bouncing around all over the place in my hand as I pushed on it, trying to move it back into place. Then, out of nowhere, it pops out of my hand from the insertion scar and I catch it in my hand. By the size of it, I guess it was a NExT. What came out with it was even freakier. It was what I assume was a piece of my veins/arteries. After that, I could see my hand turning colors and veins collapsing in my hand. I started to pass out in my dream, and woke up irl.

I might have to mute this thread. :joy:

5 Likes

Iā€™ve never actually had an implant dream! Is that weird?

7 Likes

Why would you turn the dial on yourself?

6 Likes

I think itā€™s like one of those big red do not push buttonsā€¦ something deep inside just nudges you toward the inevitableā€¦ towardā€¦ dangerousā€¦ things.

lolol

11 Likes

Just had my worse one yet.

I looked down at my hands, and a giant metal rod was sticking out of the top of P3. In my dream brain, it was an implant, taking the place of a flex I guess. I decide fuck it, Iā€™m just going to pull it out. As I do, a huge chunk of material, the width of my hand, comes out. I feel around, and it includes my spark 2 and NExT. My hand feels hollow without it. Itā€™s like my skin is just a bag to hold this lump. I look at this chunk, which looks like the inside of a glove, and I pry out the metal rod. I now have to shove the material back inside, so I open up the opening in skin, and begin shoving it back in. I get it most of the way back in, and realize I need to align the finger holes. I canā€™t get my pinky to stay in, and so I add a dab of super glue to my degloved finger before shoving it back in.

Weirdly, my hands were continuously swapping places the entire time. The metal rod was in my right hand, but my spark 2 and NExT in my left. I put the super glue on my left hand, but remember shoving the material back in on my right hand.

I remember thinking in the dream ā€œoh shit, Iā€™ve had dreams about this before, but this time itā€™s realā€

I even told friends that in the dream

3 Likes

Somehow your dt mind control is so good that I can have dreams of implants while never having any.

4 Likes

Yet

4 Likes

That you know of :upside_down_face::thinking:

3 Likes

Hopefully by the end of this year

1 Like

Had one of these last night for the first timeā€¦ I was fidgeting around with my xG3 v2 in some way, either with a bottle cap or paper clips, I canā€™t really remember. When I removed the bottle cap/paper clip, the xG3 completely ripped through the healed scar out of my hand and started growing exponentially until it was crushing my chest. Then I went on the Discord to report what happened, and everyone was saying how it was ā€œtotally normalā€ and ā€œhappens to everyoneā€ - absolutely wild body horror fueled nightmare. :sweat_smile:

That said, Iā€™d rather have this nightmare than some others I have had in lifeā€¦

11 Likes

Had this weird dream in which I was being treated for a serious medical condition at a hospital and got told to swallow a glassie just in case. And the resin inside of it wasnā€™t fully curedā€¦ The range didnā€™t make sense for the temporary location, and it didnā€™t inspire any confidence.

Iā€™d rather implant a DT chip than swallow a Chinese knockoffā€¦

Not the worst nightmare but it still woke me up.

:unicorn_urgh:

2 Likes

Not sure if it counts but I had a dream in which I was Adam Jensen and I had to fight Adam Smasherā€¦

Goddammit brain, if you were going to give me cybernetics why didnā€™t you go all out? Why didnā€™t make me into Adam Smasher or Briareos Hecatonchires? Canā€™t be that hard to do that in a dream, come on!

4 Likes

I read this as Adam Sandler

4 Likes

I had this dream last night in which I finally managed to convince Amal to upload me into a Boston Dynamics Atlas and it was awesome.

7 Likes