I have joined the club

Look, lets not get bogged down in the details of who is first or that you’re “tecnically” correct… We’re all getting participation trophies here :trophy: :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

UPDATE:
Vivokey that was in L3 has now migrated to L1 but further proximal. Once I realized that it was moving, I tried multiple times to reposition and secure it back in the L3 location. After failing I just let it find it’s new home. :rofl: No pain in new location so all is well.

2 Likes

Ah migration, so much weirdness when your plans are thwarted by tech with a mind of its own…

2 Likes

5 Likes

Wow niceeee how was the instalment pain wise
3 same time crazy.

It wasn’t bad. I didn’t use numbing cream and it only felt like a pinch.

It doesn’t hurt much more as you do more,
Your just more swollen…

I’m of the opinion that if I’m paying a professional and going to have to baby my hand for a day or 2, might as well go all in and get it over in one swoop

(I’ve done 3, and then 6 at the same time :joy:)

1 Like

:astonished:wow ur brave

That’s one interpretation :joy:

2 Likes

I’m getting an xLED so nothing major I looked at syring and was like what the hell it’s huge so to see you do that is crazy hahaha

It’s just a pinch, needle size doesn’t seem to make it that much more painful

The part that hurts or feels unpleasant, is the initial pressure to break thru the skin,

Look up the flex needle, it’s huge by comparison to the injector needle, but it felt about the same actually going in for me… it was only worse because it took more effort to get thru, so it was was 30-40 seconds instead of 5-10

It’s genuinely not a big deal… with standard disclaimer that people feel pain differently

I can think of a dozen things that happen in daily life that are worse, like stepping on a really sharp Lego lol

5 Likes

Stepping on a tack is far worse…

3 Likes

Stepping on a piece of broken glass is worse… But then I suspect that that is nothing to stepping on a land mine or putting your foot in a meat grinder. :unicorn_vomit:

1 Like

I mean, there are plenty of things “worse”

I was making the point there are plenty of things that aren’t noteworthy that can hurt more

Agreed

Agreed

Agreed,

I would also add to this the time, and money involved?
Time healing, all heal at the same time rather than spread out is correct, PLUS Whats your time worth? Whats the Piercers time worth?
From Whoa to Go, If you can just do it once

Commute to Piercer, fuel, time, parking, Piercer, sets up station, time, does install, time, Pay for install, Commute home, fuel, time…
Now do that for every implant, it all adds up.
If you get multiple implants done in one sitting, the only difference is the piercer will likely give you a discount on subsequent implants, saving them, formalaties time, set up prep time time, cleaning materials etc. Plus DT packaging containing “all” the implant station requirements ( drape, gauze, lube etc )

AKA
Tavel once
Stabby - Stabby - Stabby
DONE

my 2cents

Not to mention making sure you have a decent meal beforehand
(Which is a good thing to do to help prevent whatever the random “passing” out thing is, that I can’t remember or google the name for is… gives your body something to munch on and distract it from the fight or flight response)

There’s also probably room to make the argument that the second stab “hurts” less than the first, because it’s not a sudden contrasting sensation, and the 3rd might hurt even less… VS 3 different sharp pains by contrast

This was my experience, excluding my last of the 6, that one was an uncommon and nerve filled region, pretty sure I nicked a nerve on the way in… no biggy but I definitely clenched a bit tighter for that one

3 Likes

Vasovagal syncope. And I agree fully! I was on the edge of passing out for 10 minutes because I didn’t eat. Also having a hangover probably didn’t help lol

1 Like

Also the surface wound is usually where the pain is, I have had “minor” parrot bites that hurt like heck but were entirely on the surface, while I’ve cut my finger most of the way to the bone and had a lot less pain. Once the needle/scalpel/chisel is through the surface layer, you might feel some sensation but you are less likely to feel extra pain.

Totally true! I had one of my ears punched with a 4mm punch (6 ga), so I can skip some of the stretching steps, and it seriously felt the same as the usual 1.6mm (14ga) needle… I didn’t believe my piercer when he told me that before, but he was absolutely right.
So, no reason to be afraid of the big needle :wink:

2 Likes

That’s my big put off spotted the kneedle was like wtf that’s hugeeeee but everyone says it’s not bad.