Impatience consumed me. As expected

I kinda dont want the Max form factor since I really would like the better antenna.

As for awkwardness to scan I dont think the back of the wrist would be terrible for paying I think the awkwardness would be door readers.

I would consider position 5 but part of me feels like I’d just fuckin annihilate it the second I fuck up and hit something with that part of my hand.

2 Likes

Here is the thread, and the 3D files contained within the posts

The FlexDF file is in there also, so I wont need to do one for you, unless the Apex Flex Has different dimensions…Which it COULD

1 Like

Oh awesome. thanks. might print a couple of those out later. That would be a massive help picturing how they’ll fit for sure.

1 Like

Yeah, great idea @raphael, ( if you are still around) thanks for sharing the files

am I crazy for starting to think “maybe I should just put the spark further down in my left arm”? backup for the vivokey account once the Apex is in, and I could use it for random things from there scanning on my phone easy enough, and I’d have the NExT in my left hand for access and nfc things.

thoughts? am I WAY overthinking all this? (probably haha)

Not crazy. Actually, I’m not a psychologist so maybe don’t believe me on that, but certainly unchanged because you’re thinking arm instead of hand.

It’s a backup, you won’t use it often, I’m all for the idea of putting it somewhere like your arm and keeping the prime real estate for things you’ll scan regularly.

2 Likes

People might take this as crazy talk, but if it’s just for a backup, why have it implanted at all? If you’re super worried that someone might find it and use it nefariously, then hot glue it to the bottom of a rock, located in a window box / flower box / garden.

Save that skin real estate for stuff you’re actually gonna use. Who knows what Amal and company will dream up next, and you might need the space.

2 Likes

Hmm, also true. I was thinking I could use some of the fun vivokey features Amal has been hinting at, that seems like it would be easy enough from my arm, since it would be mostly me scanning it with my phone. The “backup” was referring to a backup for my vivokey account (with the Apex most likely getting more use is assume), but it could get some other use semi regularly, the backup thing is just a bonus really.

1 Like

I agree, my Spark is in my wallet in the little plastic case that the x Field Detectors ship in. I had considered putting it in my arm, but wasn’t worth paying the installation cost for a chip that I’m not using regularly and don’t need with me every day.

1 Like

I have an xG3 implanted in the tissue next to the right thumb metacarpal bone, how would you number that spot? L-1 ? :grinning:

Number 22 in this overview:

1 Like

What a coincidence, I just saw that area labelled about 12hrs ago, it is called the anatomical snuff box ( clearly colloquially rather than medically named )

EDIT
Sorry! on looking at the :paperclips: photo, the snuff box is closer to where I have put the :x:

1 Like

@Vicarious how do you find the comfort/etc for that Spark 1 at position 17? I’m thinking that might be a decent spot for my Spark 2 (though probably in my left arm, since i’m guessing I’ll mainly be scanning it with my phone held in my right hand). Other than that, I’m thinking MAYBE another spot might be further down my arm, sort of around position 12, but on the inside of my arm to avoid me constantly banging it into things…

Yes your edited reaction is correct, it’s not the anatomical snuff box but near it… it’s more at the side edge of the hand, so basically completely opposite the knife edge of the hand :slight_smile:

Vicarious

Unfortunately in my case it’s too close to the xM1 (Mifare Classic, number 13) because Iwas under the assumption that the xM1 was further away from the wrist. Ah well, it only makes it more of a challenge to scan either tag.
I decided to go for the right wrist because occasionally I wear a Pebble smartwatch on my left wrist.

Vicarious

1 Like

so what was the outcome of the renaming of implant locations???
was there any discussion on the arm from elbow to wrist? and does this only apply to top of hands and not palm implants??

2 Likes

This fell out of that discussion about a month later,

But you’re correct, nothing further added beyond the hands…Yet

2 Likes

Great advice. Will be following this.

1 Like

I don’t know that those locations need specifics, only because it’s basically wide open. The hand is a bit of a minefield with nearly the same amount of safe spaces as danger zones… so it’s a bit more specific than arms / wrists… but ultimately I don’t see why the list couldn’t be expanded… it would just be that the location numbers for the arm or wrist might encompass much larger volumetric areas than those of the hand…

4 Likes

Yes I understand that the hand has more nerves and veins but I had thought your list was to bring us all into unison when discussing implant locations (such as if someone said “I have a xDF2 at L1 and a Spark2 at R5” I would know the chip and location without a second thought).
I also asked about the arms (between wrist and elbow) as I have a xDF2 that migrated to my left wrist (it now sits in a pocket on the top of my arm and protected by the ulna bone (had to Google search this bone to know its name… lol)) and recently had implanted a xSIID in my left forearm about 2 inches away from my left wrist.

1 Like

“Great advice. Will be following this”
is what we are trying to accomplish so that everyone makes discussions easier

1 Like