Implant Location Finder

I am just wondering if there is a tool of sorts out there that can help you pinpoint the location of the implant? I ask because when i try to feel around for it i am unable to feel it. I think its alot further down than it should be and i can get it to scan but its difficult at times.

Infrared vein viewer.

1 Like

What type of implant do you have? What location is it in?

I have a Next and a Spark in between the thumb and pointer of each hand.

I will look into that :smiley: Thank you.

The vein viewer is probably the best tool for the job but you may try flexing your hand around in different ways to see if they won’t push against the skin, it’s not as effective but it’s at least free

I tried the flexing and such but i have fat hands. from my palm to the top of my hand is about 1 1/2 inches. I dont think its in the middle but it definitely isnt just under the skin.

I suppose another question is is it bad being further down in the layers?

I’m big as in previously 30st big. I struggle to see my implants but even a very high power torch shon from one side will show them.

I tried with my flashlight but i am unable to see through that part of my hand.
Do i need to find something brighter?
[Ryobi P717 One+ 18V Dual Powered LED Cordless Spotlight w/ 2500 Lumens ](http://Ryobi P717 One+ 18V Dual Powered LED Cordless Spotlight w/ 2500 Lumens )

Do you have access to a strong rare earth magnet? The ferrite core in the implant might just be tugged on enough for you to feel it. Especially if you’re moving the magnet back and forth over the implant.

edit
Just tried and no sensation, but the magnet does stick where the implant is, then I can hold my hand upside down and it won’t fall off.

1 Like

I do not but i can get one :smiley: gonna give that a try.
Thank you

Man amazon has so many magnets any suggestions on a brand? I was looking at the one listed below but i was thinking 1/2 inch would be better?
https://www.amazon.com/CMS-Magnetics-Strong-Neodymium-Magnet/dp/B000UEBF00/ref=sr_1_66?dchild=1&keywords=small+earth+magnet&qid=1601601604&rnid=2941120011&s=industrial&sr=1-66

Mine is small. Maybe 3/8" diameter x 1/8" thick? Go bigger and you might have too much weight for it to hold.

You can probably find a decent selection in a Walmart in the craft section. Probably quicker too.

Or Hobby / Craft stores.
Or Home Improvement stores.

Whoa, just looked at the Amazon listing. That’s crazy big. Go much much smaller.

Alrighty i will check out walmart :smiley:

Thanks for your help

just be sure to get a neodymium magnet … the brown/black type used for cheap fridge magnets are alnico and have a really bad field strength to mass ratio and will have a hard time sticking.

Sure thing :smiley: Thank you

Thankfully I sort of see my DT glass implants when I make a “power fist”. They’re not coated, so they freely went into hiding soon after implantation. But if the thenar muscles push them out of their foxhole, they’re visible.

Same thing for the one in my foot: it’s taken a bit of a hike too (yes, I do have to make a sort “power foot” to see it :slight_smile:)

As for the FlexM1, surprisingly, this one is the most inivisible of all. I know exactly where it is and it has nowhere to go, behind constrained on all 4 sides by two metacarpals and two ligaments. It’s not like I’m wondering if it has shifted. But it’s properly invisible, and it takes a lot of effort to make it push up the skin and reveal itself.

The one I worry about most is the flexNExT: it’s so easy to lose these things…

2 Likes

I checked my chips. The one I have where your Sparks are seems to be a tricky location to light up. I have laser pointer (the cat entertainer) with white LED in it.

I can see my FlexNT with it, but with the other implant I really have to dive it between the thump/index finger webbing to see the chip. Edit: and I’m a skinny guy.

Magnet must be your bests option then.

2 Likes

Any Update? Were you able to find it?

Apologies on the delay i was having some issues with the viviokey app and logging into the forums :smiley: So i did find it my DR said he could do an Xray at cost so i went that direction.

My next question how close to the bone can this be without issue? Its pretty close.

1 Like