Implant Options

I am not a big magnet guy
image image image image image

But until a better magnet:encapsulation method has been found, and you REALLY want one, you MAY have to look at a do it yourself option.

I am not condoning this , but to make you aware of “what is out there” :alien:
@Vicarious made his own, with a neodymium magnet :magnet: and Sugru to encapsulate and he has had it for quite a while. I can’t attest to the strength of it, nor the strength compared to any others on the market.
A lot of testing and research would be required before you go throwing a magnet in a ball of Sugru in sticking it in yourself.
However, if you find yourself leaning more toward the Grinder side of things, you can stick into yourself whatever you want, where-ever you want :imp: Whenever you want
( Not “having a go” at grinders, just a tongue in cheek comment :star2:…there I go again )

1 Like

Yeah, that is the only reason I haven’t installed one from Tom. Not sure of the silicon. I have enough room for the xG3 in my fingers, I might still put one in.

I might have to when I install the o.g. spark

1 Like

Awesome, so Amal managed to find you his “last one”

2 Likes

I feel like if there’s another last one I might want it. I keep hearing about it and it sounds like there are benefits to the og one.

ALL the nopes for me. If people are doing it here, chances are it’ll be “safe” but I’ll let Amal tell me if that’s safe enough when he starts selling it, lol. A ball o’ geek putty doesn’t seem super biosafe to me.

My argument against the xG3 is the glass. I don’t play ball often these days, but I’m not exactly coordinated and wouldn’t want to bounce a line drive off my fingertips (or even a fast throw since I tend to play 1B), glove or no.

1 Like

I have smacked my NExT against metal, it is butted up to a bone. If the glass breaks, I would take it out, and I would know I need to get it out.

If the silicon breaks, you may not know until your body tries to reject it from being in touch with the metal.

1 Like

Fair. Just not something I’m comfortable with (and keep in mind I want to put radioactive things inside me, too!).

LMAO, we just call that being queer. :stuck_out_tongue:

Basically an xSLX with Vivokey capability

:+1:

I would agree! however, @Vicarious has had it for years and no problems, Also I doubt it was as simple as it sounds

2 Likes

He did.

I also got a hand drawn picture with my order.

4 Likes

Pity it wasn’t signed, will be hard to prove the
Provenance when you decide to sell it

2 Likes

Technically if I never sell it, I can list it at whatever price I want
It is currently for sale for $100,000 and not a penny less.

Can you say Amal sent you a one of a kind, $100,000 dollar piece of art? :thinking:

2 Likes

It was prolly his chilluns. They’re cute now, but they may be famous one day, so hold on to that.

3 Likes

My aunt has a John Lennon piece… on her paper lunch bag, lol.

3 Likes

hha yep this was the work of the 7yo. She loves to draw… basically on anything available!

1 Like

Kind of reminds me of a FAT No Face image from Spirited away after a big meal

4 Likes

Sadly, I think it’s a depiction of covid-19 lockdown me on day 72.

4 Likes

I got my first chip from them ( https://chip-implants.com/ ) Here in Austria it was a bit difficult to find a partner piercer. Austria and piercing rules :smiley:
The owner write that he is the first with payment implants. WRONG - Patrick got his converted card 6 month earlier :slight_smile:

I was too slowly for the m31 :frowning: I talked to a bodymod - he had the magnets from Samppa ( I got the magnet in 2018.

I got the SIID in amber about year ago - I’m glad that dsruptive joined forces with Dangerous Things.
I heard in September that the xSIID will be released in other colors ( I was in Sweden at Epicenter)

2 Likes

I’m pretty sure Meow-Ludo Disco Gamma Meow-Meow was the first person with a payment implant when he did the Opal card. IIRC Amal had a hand in that project as well.

3 Likes

tenor (23)

3 Likes

What I know was this a travelcard similar to the Oyster Card in London or the cards in Stockholm (SL)

this was not a creditcard

hmm… yeah… i would say if we consider a transit card “payment” then any closed payment system could be in the same category, and people were using the old VeriChip implants for paying for drinks at bars in like 2004… and plenty of school kids were using chips like the xNT to register with school lunch systems and vending machines… overall it’s a tough thing to define. As far as I’m concerned, there hasn’t yet been a payment implant… something sanctioned and legit and works with global payment networks.

1 Like