Implants just got mentioned on The Modern Rogue!

I dont think the pain will be less with a pro. Its pretty simple and as long as your helper doesn’t shudder it’s all the same I think

1 Like

I think she just took longer than someone with more experience would have.

1 Like

It was such a weird feeling. Like you feel the poke then all I could feel was the tube moving around

1 Like

That means the point was progressing in the fascia (correct depth), which is under the nociceptors (pain nerve sensor cells)… but the pacinian (pressure) corpuscles populate the very bottom of the dermal layer, which is why you can feel the pressure of the tube moving around but no pain.

PS, I love this video;

5 Likes

I’ve been curious about implants for a while, but the MR episode definitely gave me a solid shove in the “just do it already, geez” direction, which then led me here. I’ve been friends with Brian and Jason for ages, though being in Canada I don’t get to visit them in person very often. Was super interesting getting their take on it and can’t wait to compare notes with Jason about how much use he gets out of his, ahem upgrade once I get one or two of my own. Soon… so very soon… daydreams about Apex

5 Likes

I used to dream about a safe magnet implant after searching for years and being disappointed, then i saw this episode and looked into it again. I am happy to report that my XG3 is healing nicely and also somwhat works for sensing. I implanted it myself without anesthetic, yea I know, bad idea… But it worked out in my case. Now i’m looking into getting the NeXT chip but I want to find a reliable deadbolt for my house that will work with it first, any suggestions?

2 Likes

I’ve heard about and seen installer booths at defcon but never really looked I to it. When I first saw this video a few weeks ago it was okay I get it and I need this yesterday haha.