Install Videos and Pictures 🩸

For those that have payment implants, mind sharing stories of reactions from cashiers?
(Sorry if off topic, I watched @JennyMcLane s demo and thought of this )

1 Like

I wish :frowning:. The people who first programmed my ID are part of student services, and not exactly people I can get close to. The joys of going to the larget uni in Queensland.

Since its DESFire, there’s only so much I can see without knowing the keys, but yes: there are three applets on it, so I think it is not just UID. I do potentially have access to a reader which I can sniff (out of the way workshop) but with the mutual auth I don’t think that’s gonna go very well.

Saying that, no I have not tried a magic card, I was looking at that bundle but saw the PM3 came with a selection of cards (is a magic card included?)

1 Like

Should do, Mine came with 1 x T5577 and 1 x S50

2 Likes
Geez, really starting to derail here

In fairness, most of my payments are done at self-serve check-outs.
Although I did get this reaction at one. ( I just re-read it, Where I said Checkout operator, They were actually the person that overlooked the 12 Self-service checkouts)
Harassment for being a cyborg?

The “manned” ones I pretty much just get:- ( in order of frequency - Paraphrased)
Ignored
A double look
How did you do that?
Hey that’s cool! Do you have a card under your skin?

2 Likes
Hiding the derailment

Interesting, I’m surprised more people dont even comment or question it…

1 Like
8 Likes

I think opening a seperate topic would be better - soon more people will have it :slight_smile:

2 Likes

so last week i got my 2 magnet inplants so here is the instal video :slight_smile: enjoy

3 Likes

Here it is about 1,5h after self install.

Still numb/tingeling from the lidocaine.

Hoping thats not because of cut nerves xd

Edit: Everything feels fine.

The Black stuff is just ink.

1 Like

Looks grizzly af but awesome! Keep us updated with the healing!

2 Likes
1 Like

How is the healing going for you?

I think Fine… Nothing changed at all. looks like the first day. cant remove the marker :smiley:

If anything changed im gonna post an update - you can count on that.

1 Like

6 installed,

Only thing wonky was both installer and I forgot about safety clip for second lol

We both laughed and blamed the xg3 that went in first, has no clip so lulled us into a false sense of security

3 Likes

Wow, that xg3 looked like it took significant force to install… How would you say that once compared to the others? (other than its lack of safety clip lol)

1 Like

Either forearm skin in general or mine, is a lot tougher than hand skin
Also it’s a much bigger needle

That was a lot less zen experience than I expected

I have a new appreciation for those putting it in their fingers

I’m also in the freak out phase, where I worry if it was put too deep in, and that’s why it’s not very magnetic

Or just swelling, which I’m sure it is, but the freak out voice doesn’t listen

3 Likes

You can’t know anything for sure until it’s healed a bit, so the best you can do is take good care of it and give it the best chance of healing right. The xG3 isn’t super strong by conventional hobby magnet standards (which would be your primary point of reference) because of it’s size/shape anyway. It’s currently behind a ton of dense swollen flesh, so just take it easy.

1 Like

Of course,

(Doesn’t mean I won’t still freak out though)

Lol, ignore my catastrophization

3 Likes

So it’s 5 days since my flexM1 install in L4, and today I took off the bandaid to let it breathe.

Skin is yellow, to be expected

So to the question for those who have installed a flex:
I can go a whole day without any pain, - but suddenly, I can feel a sudden sharp pain, and it feels like I start bleeding under the skin. (usually if I tighten my fist)
Then it is painless again for a while, even when doing the same movement.

My assumption is that my artist nicked a vein and that “wrong” movements is the equivalent of ripping open the crust on a wound, making it bleed again,and that the flex is not involved, but thought I’d share and hear if anyone else experienced something similar

Where is the pain exactly? Is it at the entry point?

I think maybe it’s “finding its space”. It’ll back out quite a bit towards - and possibly past - the scar, by the looks of it. It might be biting into the flesh there.

1 Like