Install Videos and Pictures 🩸

Aren’t the pointy ends supposed to be out for the FlexWolverine implants? :dagger:

5 Likes

When I posted it on discord I made the caption “Shittiest Wolverine ever!” LOL!

3 Likes

That appears to cross over the metacarpal bone?

1 Like

It doesn’t, it’s nestled safely between them. I can tell because when I run my fingers along both bones it doesn’t hurt, if I push in between it certainly does! LOL!

2 Likes

Im pretty sure I’ve seen people with round flex implants like the flexEM implanted in the middle of the top of their hand. Would the veins not get in the way? I am wanting to put mine there but I keep looking at my hand thinking my veins are in terrible spots for this one.

1 Like

To put it blunt not really. Since you’re more than likely cutting veins in the process they tend to reroute themselves. Nerves similarly (if they grow back at all) will more than likely not grow back the same.
You can read quite a bit about it here. A few of us have flexEM on the far side of our hand.

1 Like

I had a flexNExT there, and though it’s notably larger, it didn’t cause any problems with the veins. Like NoUsersLefft already said, they reroute anyways - I ended up with a vein above the implant, and several below it, I guess. At least, now the implant is out again, I can see several veins that were covered by it before. But I didn’t have any trouble with veins or tendons - just be sure you choose a good installer who’s good with his tools :wink:

2 Likes

I had a successful install today. I had 2 xSIIDs installed, one in each hand. I also had a xG3 installed in my thumb. I placed another xG3 on the outside to give a better approximation of where it is.

I’ll give it a little time and see if a pinky install is something I’m still interested. Pinky and xG3 for scale.

3 Likes

You’re a brave man. Installing a glass implant in the one digit that sees more action than the other 4 combined and that’s used to impart force on things all the time… wow.

2 Likes

Yes, I had considered that. With a quick search I was unable to find anything on here about anything installed in a thumb. It’s definitely in the let’s see how it goes long term category for now.

Fortunately I’ve had no problems with my middle or ring finger magnets as of yet. Again if all goes well for a bit, I’ll be eying my pinky on the same hand next.

3 Likes

I got my xG3 v2 installed in my thumb about a month ago. So far so good. It’s in my non-dominant hand and I don’t even notice it most of the time.

5 Likes

So not an install but an extraction

5 Likes

Looks like the encapsulation started breaking down?

1 Like

Heey the magnet broke
A chip came of

And that caused the failing

3 Likes

What magnet is this?

1 Like

its one of the magnets that tom had made

it probably happend when i got it sandwichd between me and some metal
so yeah

1 Like

Parylene coating? Brittle stuff.

2 Likes

yes parylene coating

the one on knife edge is still going strong

2 Likes

flexm1 and xg3

2 Likes

I love your install pics! Always looks like a total bloody mess, but always works out fine :wink:
Do we already have a name for the placement of your xg3?

3 Likes