1 Like

Parylene coating? Brittle stuff.

2 Likes

yes parylene coating

the one on knife edge is still going strong

2 Likes

flexm1 and xg3

2 Likes

I love your install pics! Always looks like a total bloody mess, but always works out fine :wink:
Do we already have a name for the placement of your xg3?

3 Likes

no, i didnt really wanted to install it today.
but blood splattered on the pouch so i thought in some days its not sterile anymore…

screenshot from the install vid:
grafik
grafik

blood on xg3 pouch
grafik

in
grafik
an out
grafik

here is one camera angle. i need someone who is up cutting both cameras together for a splitscreen vid. my laptop keeps crashing while trying.

i used some other needles, dt flex needle was not included and mine are eo sterilised. they are a little short but it worked out like expected
grafik
grafik
grafik

5 Likes

I think it went in a bit close to the bone.
Its a NexT chip can I can’t pick up with hf or lf on my Proxmark ?

2 Likes

How along ago was it installed?

2 Likes

grafik
grafik
grafik

2 Likes

That should be okay. My xSiiD is parallel to the bone and fairly close. i have no issue with it. How Long ago was it installed?

2 Likes

20211206_003316
Look at this happy little install.

1 Like

6 posts were merged into an existing topic: The anti​:no_entry_sign:-derailment​:railway_car: & thread​:thread: hijacking​:gun: thread​:thread: :interrobang:

XSIID & xEM

3 Likes

got an xg3 v1 in -p0 and a spark 2 in p1 of the left hand earlier this week :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Really solid install of a NExT!

4 Likes

One of the things that I consistently see is the idea of the needle getting inserted all the way and then the plunger being pushed in as the needle is retracted. The more sensible approach would be to insert the needle all the way up to the hub, then retract it about 10 to 12 mm, then stopping and pressing the plunger down completely, then extracting the needle completely. That way you know you’ve left enough space for the chip and you’re not trying to deal with two moving parts at the same time.

4 Likes

There’s a good reason installers do that: that movement is done with the plunger - and therefore the chip - fixed with respect to the hand, and the rest of the syringe / needle is pulled back.

Whether installers do it right or wrong is another matter. Most people seem happy enough with the result though.

Yeah this was the idea and actually what I wrote in the original instructions… however, nobody can seem to keep the plunger properly static while sliding back the needle. It seemed ridiculously overcomplicated anyway, so I revised the guide to just retracting the needle and then pushing the plunger. It’s so easy a monkey could do it, and there’s literally no down side to doing it this way vs the complicated dual moving parts way.

2 Likes

For my first install, neither my installer nor I had read your guide - for the simple reason that I was implanting an IAR and I didn’t know about DT, and the installer didn’t know about implants at all :slight_smile: - and the installer figured that the best course of action was to ram the needle in up to the point I had specified, then squeeze the plunger and my index finger together, then pull the syringe out. It made complete sense and it worked dandy - at least it would’ve if the chip hadn’t come out with the syringe for reasons unknown.

2 Likes

A few weeks ago, got a pay and an xG3 in my ring finger

This is how it’s going

7 Likes