Install Videos and Pictures šŸ©ø

Do you see where it says ā€œa post was merged into an existing topicā€

Pilgrim master followed up this discussion over there, linking to that video.

2 Likes

Had my Apex Mega Spectrum installed (left wrist) tonight by Dustin Robbins at ENSO Piercing in SLC, UT.

Awesome experience all around. I can say I definitely recommend him for complex installs.

6 Likes

Unnamed 35x15 mm flex implant, done by the awesome people at https://www.piercing-point-ulm.de/ . Had a pleasant experience without complications.

6 Likes

Decided to take out my stitches at day 4 last night.

Why? You ask?

I wanted to minimize scarring assuming the sutures had done their job well enough. I was examining the sutures and decided that the cut looked stable enough to at least try. If it started opening at all I could easily stop and use some super glue gel or new skin (I went with New Skin) to close it back up.

Stitches came out with no problem and I decided to use a healthy layering of new skin just to keep it protected and provide a little extra adhesion due to the early removal.

Pic was taken this morning:

3 Likes

I think its not so easy to emulate DESFire, or do you have other informations?

I dont think it will be easy but I think if i write a custom applet and get a dev account on fidesmo to deploy it with, i think i might be able to. that involves a bunch tho so weā€™ll see if i actually get to it

1 Like

Implanted a NExT in my left hand.

2 Likes

I got my xG3 installed yesterday! Itā€™s in P1 on my left hand. Surprisingly this was less uncomfortable than my P0 installs! I can already pick stuff up through the bandage! Iā€™m so excited.

5 Likes

@Az_F @Pilgrimsmaster @enginerd @amal

Hereā€™s the 24-hour point after xG3 install at p1 left. It looks like the entry point is healing well! Though as I flex my hand, it moves up and down in the channel quite a bit. Iā€™ve corralled it into place in approximately the middle of this area, but I wanted to see where peopleā€™s p1 installs generally end up. It feels so weird sliding up and down! LOL

e

2 Likes

Haha look fun!
I personally would move it as far as possible towards the fingers. Thereā€™s more space for it to rest there and itā€™s better protected.
Congrats on the install :mechanical_arm:
[Edit] not too close to the entry point of course but like 5mm from it

1 Like

Says it cannot be rendered due to codecā€¦ im using chrome tho

Infinite loading on Firefox. Probably HEVC.

Works on Brave

Just incase its any different for you

Itā€™ll probably end up where it ā€œwantsā€ anyway, but keep coralling, and smashing back the prenatals and Jelly (Jell-O :us:)

1 Like

My browser of choice is Vivaldi. Itā€™s Chromium, but way faster for everything that I do.

wow yeahā€¦ taping it in place until it encapsulates is a good idea

How has that location worked for you? Do you mostly scan with phone or desktop? Anything you would have done differently with the location and/or install in hindsight?

@GrimEcho The location is perfect, I couldnā€™t think of a better one and wouldnā€™t change it if I could. And Iā€™m not just saying that, genuinely glad I ended up switching my plan from forearm to P3.

I scan a lot with both desktop and my phone and itā€™s been great with different orientations on different phones and readers. My installer did a perfect job (their first flex ever as well), I would just make sure they donā€™t try to enter from the knuckle side to make healing easier.

I was a little skeptical of back of hand just because there is a lot going on with blood vessels, tendons, and bones, but itā€™s been really great, zero problems, complaints, discomfort, or inconveniences.

Iā€™d highly recommend it.

About 6 months photo:

3 Likes

Decided to upload a video of my whole process for my own documentation and perhaps for the benefit of others. Canā€™t say that I am by any means a professional or that you should do what I did, but maybe someone will get some use out of a video of my self install.

If anyone knows if there is somwwhere else appropriate I should share this, let me know.

4 Likes

Nice job documenting it. There is a dedicated thread for install videos and such here:

https://forum.dangerousthings.com/t/install-videos-and-pictures/

Also welcome to the club :grin:

3 Likes

Filled my other P0 today. Another self-install. :shushing_face:
Left (off) hand is shaaaakyyyy whew. Was sure to go hard on the lube this time.

(feat. Throbbing Gristle)

2 Likes