Install Videos and Pictures 🩸

The chip reading is very good. The installer at whom I installed the chip is very experienced. I hope he did it carefully.

Not only could this damage the implant, but also potentially void your warranty.

2 Likes

This is not a problem. It is important that there are no health problems. I must now pay attention to two things. Whether the chip reads correctly and whether everything is healing well. I will pass all information to the installer.

3 Likes

Everything I was going to mention has been covered above.

I would add, the only metal tool I have seen used that (In my personal opinion) would be acceptable and actually probably helpful inserting a Flex, is something similar to this spatula.

With the incision made with a scalpel or custom needle, the spatula was inserted and provided a reduced friction “ramp” for the Flex implant to slide along and into the the cavity.

Obviously the spatula would have to be medically “clean” and you could possibly use some lube to reduce the friction further.

• Again, this is not a reccomendation, just something I have seen used, and it appeared to work very well on that occasion

• The DT Installation instructions and more importantly, the warranty sates “No Tools” so by doing this you may invalidate the warranty

I hope your implant is fine and your healing goes well @atakbabajag

2 Likes

That’s indeed what my piercer used to slide the Flex (a Walletmor) into the cavity.

2 Likes

In reality, the concern with tools is more to do with cracking the potting material encasing the silicon chip in the mob package. Gripping the end of the implant like shown above will only create indentations in the polymer which should be avoided due to possible biofouling issues. But puncture or PCB damage is highly unlikely unless they are being absolutely stupid about it.

1 Like

Do you think something plastic could be acceptable?

Maybe include something basic to avoid people using metal tools? Or maybe just a sticker right on the package

Plastic tools have the same issue if the tool has teeth or they apply pressure in the wrong spot.

Defo considering a sticker.

6 Likes

Might it be possible to create a create a plastic tool to push it in?
Like in the matching shape of the short end with a small slot in it so it doesn’t slip over/under the tool?

2 Likes

Like a pizza peel but for flex implants haha I think people made some sketchy 3D printed ones when the first flex came out. Might have even been before that. Custom made tools are just hard to make and clean.

i was thinking about something like that. (Just a crude sketch)

Just a piece you can use to push it in the last part inside the pocket where you can’t go with your finger.*’
They could probably be 3D-printed with a resin printer and some medical grade resin and then sterilized with the flex and needle. Would probably be good enough for one time use

2 Likes

I can provide stl for the cutout shape

Imagine adding a small magnet to the end, and using it to pull the implant into to pocket lol :joy:

That 3D stl looks pretty chunky to slide into an incision

Just trying to spit ball Amal, there’s clearly a bit of demand/use case for some kind of tool

I’m thinking that most installers do fine with manually sliding it in and moving it to the back of the pocket… but some might benefit from a tool of some kind. I was also thinking of something like a pizza paddle… so basically the bottom half of that tool, making it topless like a convertible car :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m not totally sure why they use tools to insert the implant anyways…
My flexy, my titan and my silicone implant were all “pushed in” without any tools, as far as I can remember.

1 Like

I bet very few places would use a tool they are unfamiliar with. A lot of those guys are very particular and probably want to use their own tool, not the one that comes in a random plastic some guy says they printed at home.

I think the best option would be a metal version that is stamped stainless, able to be autoclaved, and can be ordered separately so the shop would have their own dedicated tool for installs. It’d validate the source, give better quality, and they’d learn their tool. Professionals want to use professional tools, especially ones they can autoclave them selves.

3 Likes

Likewise. I put my Titan in by hand, my purewrist by hand and the surgeon put my flexEM in by hand.

Here is a dog for scale. :rofl:

2 Likes

My 3th implant video

2 Likes