Installation options around Boston

Hi, I’ve been really interested in getting an implant, but I’ve run into a minor issue of installer availability. I know of Jay in the area, I’ve been in contact with his place but it seems that their next availability would be in April 2024. Is there anyone else relatively within the area, or at least close enough that a train ride/drive wouldn’t feel too exhausting? Or should I just suck it up and go with them or try and find somewhere further away and just stay the night?

I guess the most basic question to start is - where are you? You didn’t mention a location?

I figured saying it in the title would be good enough, but to rephrase. I’m in the main Boston, MA area, the closest to me was Jay at Elegance Piercing, I’m just looking to see if anyone knows of some alternatives.

Nope. I can’t read, so there’s the fault in your plan :slight_smile:

3 Likes

There are alternatives if you can’t find any piercing partners on the map.
I also checked
https://biohackingmap.com/ and it only shows Jay also from known piercers

I would recommend you take the information from below to approach ANY local piercers in your area, maybe printed out and take it in person. Rather than trying to explain over the phone.

If you have your implant, take it with you. It will be good for them to see the professional package plus if you’re lucky it’s only a quick job, they might be able to squeeze you in.

HOW DO I GET IT IMPLANTED

Here is a VERY informative FAQ about x-Series implants, some of which is covered below. But it is recommend you read these FAQs.
There are piercing partners but if there is none near you any body piercer should be able to implant this for you.

However
A doctor, nurse or medic would be able to but they will likely take more convincing…

A self or assisted install is possible,
The following links that will make this very clear that it is easy to do

read https://dangerousthings.com/wp-content/uploads/Introduction-to-Implantable-Transponders-for-Professionals.pdf ?

read https://dangerousthings.com/wp-content/uploads/Professional-Guide-to-2x12mm-transponder-installation.pdf ?

Watch Installation procedure Guide 1

Watch Installation Procedure Guide 2

Watch Needle insertion angle

How to approach a professional DT Info

What are the options you are considering?
do you need help choosing?
do you know what you want to use it for?

1 Like

I know it’s been a minute since you posted this, but if you’re still waiting to pull the trigger (and haven’t given Elegance that non-refundable deposit yet)…

I got my installation done by Saint James, who’s based in Salisbury (about an hour north of Boston), is super easy to schedule with, and just the kindest person you could hope to get stabbed by. He’s got experience on both sides of the needle with both standard piercings and subdermal implants, and can have you in and out in about 20 minutes. Highly recommend.

3 Likes

Hey, I haven’t, all my options are still open. Do you know if I can contact James via email (I’m very much not on board with facebook/insta because I’m one of those types, but I’ll use it if I have to), I don’t see that on the website.

Sure! His email is jamesoul21 at gmail.

Edit: to be clear, the shop he works at does not do implant installations – he does it as part of his solo practice.

I set something up with him, thank you for the recommendation! Hopefully everything goes well, it’ll probably happen next month.

2 Likes