Is it swelling? No! Then why is NExT not yet reading

I get that you are frustrated and disappointed, But

Dude, you need to pull your head in.

The people here who are trying to offer you advice, giving up their time, sending you well wishes, sharing their experience, and you being sarcastic and “attacking” is not a great way to endear yourself to the community.

Amal has offered you a free xAC

Amal is going to, or has contacted the piercer.

You have had about 12 community members try and help and give you advice.

Maybe a thank you rather than a “Fuck You” would be more appropriate.

Let’s wait a bit and see what @amal comes back with from the installer and you can hopefully do some testing with the xAC

If you actually decide to call the installer:-
Write out the facts, Take a breath, give the installer a call, but don’t come out of the gate guns blazing, you will put them on the defensive right from the start.
Just tell them that you have contacted Amal and the community on the forum, explain what you think may have happened, and listen to what they have to say, if your approach is “correct” they may offer a refund or another acceptable alternative solution…

Here is some more advice for you.

5 Likes

I’m sorry for snapping at you. (It was rude of me)

He’s not “my piercer” I’ll never see him again. In fact, I’ve only been in his presence for about 3-4 minutes. If he knew the purpose of what he was installing, maybe it would have been different, but instead he inturupted me and told me he’s done hundreds of these. Now that I’m over 300 miles away, what do you think he can do, do you think it matters to him? Having spent a few minutes in his company, I feel he made an easy $120 and that was where the care and support ended.
I could be wrong, but it’s unlikely.
Also I would HONESTLY like to thank everyone for the advice they have offered, and the support I have received. You guys are great and Amal is fantastic. I can’t give you guys enough parise.
Again THANK YOU for your support and well wishes.
Frustrated James

4 Likes

Whats the purpose?

3 Likes

They aren’t saying his your best mate now, just that he’s your piercer… he did the procedure.
Not sure if things are being lost in translation or something.

And I’m sure every procedure matters to an installer, A single bad review is much more impactful than 10+ positive ones

I also got the shooting pain up my arm for a few days after my NeXT and Hf LED Install btw :slight_smile:

No real need for the hot headed replies/thread name etc :confused:
I hope you manage to get it resolved :slight_smile:

Amal and everyone here has your back

1 Like

Nice one :+1:

I’m looking forward to seeing how well/ If the xAC will read your next, and by the time you get it, the swelling should have gone down and the pins and needles should also have subsided.

I’m not sure if Amal will make public his conversation with the piercer, but I hope that goes well

2 Likes

It’s okay - I know that you’re frustrated by now, and I can understand it. I apologize as well for being a bit harsh… I hold the bodmod-world really close to my heart, and I feel the need to defend it quite often :wink:

I get what you mean… I was more referring to “the guy who made the install with you”, nothing more, though of course things would be a lot easier if you had been a regular customer already and he did tons of stuff to your body :wink: I have three guys who work on me (1 piercer, 1 bodymodder and 1 tattoo artist), and all three know me quite well by now, so there is a big amount of trust on both sides and we can openly talk about expectations and problems and solve everything if there is trouble. I might just be so used to that that I sometimes forget that many bodmods are just a service between strangers.

I might be in “defense mode” again, but that’s a problem with routined people in about every job - imagine, you doing your job for maybe decades, and a customer comes in for the first time, telling you how to do an install for him you have done tons of times before. Like I said, if he had a bad day (or is an asshole^^) he might just have wondered why you try to explain his job to him.
Still, this is not a professional behaviour - every, especially first time, customer has to be treated respectful, and all the questions and worries have to be taken serious. Even if the piercer has answered them a hundred times already, it was the first time for you.

I think that’s a pretty serious price for an x-Series install… but I’m not so sure about US prices, of course.
Did he give you any aftercare instructions? Any papers on how to care for your new mod? If not, that’s not really good service, to be honest. And it’s a behaviour I’m not used to - my piercer always “orders” me to come in if anything’s not going well (and even if everything goes fine, he always asks about the healing process when I visit him next time), and my bodymodder, who lives a two-hour train ride from my home, gave me an emergency telephone number to call him if I have any questions or if strange things happen. When my flexNExT started to behave bad, he even called me back at 10 pm just to offer some advice (he couldn’t do more, because his studio was on lockdown).

That incredible kind of service is what I am used to, and I’m seriously baffled that you made such a bad experience…
How does the implant feel by now? Is the nerve pain getting (at least slightly) better? Can you feel it if you carefully poke around in your hand?

3 Likes

As everyone else on here has said I hope your situation can get resolved in the end. I agree on the steps that everyone else has said especially the monetary loss if this was a bad implantation could possibly be alleviated.

I only got my NExT implanted about a month ago and it was an excellent experience because my piercer was very willing to answer any question and tell me about every step that he was going to do, I even changed the implant location based us talking about his own experience having an implant himself. Also 300 for the implantation sounds extreme. My two cents for you or any one else is if the piercer doesnt answer your questions or make you comfortable with the procedure early on in meetiing them then just tell them nevermind.

I dont think the price for flights would be much different (since everything to do with that city is expensive) but if you are willing to visit austin thats where I had mine done and I can pass along the name.

3 Likes

just to clarify, he didn’t charge $300, it was $100 for him to put it in and 20 as customary tip. the rest was me getting there after a year and a half of looking forward to having it implanted.

2 Likes

I agree with some other users here in regards to doing it myself.

My first chip was injected after half a bottle of vodka (instead of a pain relief patch) and 10 minutes watching youtube videos. It moved like crazy during the first couple of weeks, and even ended up in a dent in my wrist at one point. I used a magnet to slowly move it back into the position I wanted and every day I would use the same techique until it settled in the exact place you initially wanted yours. (I used a torch to map out my veins with a pen, and used a crocodile clip to pinch my skin. I ended up with an additional scar due to this, but it worked.)

The second implant was a flat circular chip I wanted in the back of my hand. This one was illegal for piercers to install in my country and my options were to travel to another country to get it done. I was initially considering this but decided to just wing it after getting a suture training kit and practicing one handed. In the end I used a pain relief patch and a scalpel to slot the chip inside. I had my squeemish girlfriend start the suture process but she bailed so I finished it myself.

No issues with either of the implants and they have both been in for over a year.

I am not suggesting anyone follows my advice, for I too am an idiot that doesn’t mind auto-human experimentation. Think a vivokey is next so i can use it to sign into this forum :stuck_out_tongue:

Anyways, all the best, and keep us posted on the results.

2 Likes

There’s got to be a more positive term for us. I made similar self-disparaging comments above.

Sadist pioneers?
Self-mutalationalists?
Pokey-mans?

#pokepride

2 Likes

My vote is definitely on pokey-mans. That’s brilliant

5 Likes

Sorry it took so long to get back to you.
No, the only follow up instructions were *Don’t take the bandaid off for three hours." And he put a round band aid on my hand that was falling off before I got to the car parked outside.
Now it has been more than four weeks, my hand feels like I have an ice cube on my wrist and the only device I can get to read it is the LF side with the xAC. Unfortunately, I think I’m at the stage in the process where I go pay a doctor to dig it out. Once I heal, I’ll get another needle and try someone who won’t completely screw it up.

2 Likes

Agreed, In my opinion, I think this is your best plan

You could also nicely ask the doctor that removes it, to reinstall it,
Just tell them, it would be better done by them than somebody else and risk further damage, and you are going to do it anyway, so it is really just “preventative medicine”

7 Likes

I’m so sorry your install went so poorly!

I had some nerve issues after my blade of hand install. My pinky was completely numb and I had shooting pain up my arm when I turned my hand at weird angles. I was TERRIFIED that the damage was permanent and I felt like a real dumb ass for crippling myself with a payment chip!

Two weeks later I’m nearly 100% better and super happy with how it turned out. But that doubt in the beginning was a humbling experience…

4 Likes

Yeah, the worst thing that could happen is the doctor says no!

2 Likes

That would scare the crud out of me. and a payment chip only lasts 3 years if I remember correctly. I’m really glad yours healed. I could live with the discomfort in mine, but I can’t put in the same area or the 2 chips will cancel each other out. and I STILL want it in my left thumb / index finger area.

2 Likes

I plan on asking. Like you said, worst thing I’m going to hear is no.

3 Likes

Mine expires in ~2 years for no apparent reason :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Sigh… okay, that’s really bad practice. Especially for a first-time customer who is not routined in all that aftercare stuff and such… I seriously hope that Amal is gonna have some talk with the artist, and I’d really like to hear about the outcome of that conversation (if possible).
I’m sorry that you made such a bad experience, and please let me assure you - that is definitely not the usual standard.

The nerve pain should have gotten significantly weaker after four weeks… mine (in R0, 8 weeks old) is still occasionally pinching a tiny bit, but it has gotten a lot better since install. If it’s still as painful as in the beginning for you, having it taken out might be a good option.

You could ask the doctor who removes it, like Pilgrim advised… but since I’m always in favour of bodymodders, you can also ask around here a bit and I’m sure someone will point you to an artist who does great work :wink:

3 Likes