Is it swelling? No! Then why is NExT not yet reading

Charlie missed by over an inch then injected it, the dude didn’t listen to me at all. Had he not inserted the needle 3/4 of an inch too far up my hand, or then if he had removed the needle the way I watched in all the videos I watched, instead of entering above where I wanted it … and going up from there then injecting it. Nope I absolutely blame the peircer.

The video is very short, so it’s hard to say something about the professionality of the piercer… but it doesn’t look blatantly wrong. He slightly tented the skin, but, like others said - chips move where they want to, and you can only avoid this by splinting them (which leads to much more discomfort during healing).

Yeah, had the same with my last implant, went away after some weeks. Either be patient or get it taken out if you don’t want it to behave that way, but it’s not neccessarily a problem.

Not sure what you mean with that sentence, though… you were aware that the implant comes in an injector, so what did you expect? This kind of needle install is pretty easy, does little trauma to the body and is fast and generally safe. Getting it out of the injector and “placed” (by whatever means you’re thinking about) would most certainly lead to more trouble…

I can understand that you are not (yet?) totally satisfied, but I don’t like your approach of blaming your piercer for something he might not really have done wrong at all.

The spot where you wanted the chip to sit (if it would stay there…) can only be reached by inserting it from the “other side”, from the wrist, pointing towards the fingers. That’s not a very comfortable way to work for many piercers, so… guess you just have to trust the professional? Or are you one yourself?

edit: forgot the obvious… since

… did you talk to him about your problems?

2 Likes

I’ve reviewed the video and yes this is a problematic installation. I will reach out to make contact with Charlie about it, but in the mean time you should focus on localizing the implant. Here are the options I can see possibly working;

1. We send you an xAC v2 that you can use to “scan around” your hand to attempt to find the implant that way… even without programming it into the xAC, a successful read will result in “deny” beeps from the xAC. Using this approach you should be able to localize the implant.

2. get an x-ray. The best way to find the implant is to get a full hand x-ray done. If you have insurance you should be able to explain to your primary provider that the injection of an RFID transponder like whats injected into dogs and cats, is not able to be located and you would like to get an x-ray to confirm its location. Furthermore, if you are having pain or lost range of motion from this, then the doctor will almost certainly agree an x-ray is appropriate.

Personally I suggest exploring both options. Please send me your order number and we will obtain your shipping details from that and send out an xAC for you to use diagnostically.

6 Likes

I would say there are a few problems with the installation that any professional who even briefly studied our documentation would not have done;

1. the injection is not parallel to the index metacarpal. The angle is very strange.

2. the tenting of the skin was perpendicular to the needle, which only gave a broader target for the needle point, but did nothing to stretch the fascia open separating dermis from muscle to give a nice open area for the needle depth to be controlled inside of.

3. the needle was inserted, but not retracted before ejecting the chip. this means the chip must then force its own path through tissue as there is no pocket for it to be ejected into. this could result in deflection in any angle, possibly affecting final depth.

Overall its not a good installation. For review;

4 Likes

Agree, and the tenting was something I would have done differently for sure, but I just don’t think it will lead to a “screwed up” install neccessarily…
The things he described (not being able to read a chip after a few days + nerve pain) could happen with every installation…

Okay, that would be a problem - didn’t see it clearly in the video. My installer pushed the chip while retracting the needle, went fine that way. But if the piercer here ejected the chip while the needle was all in, it would be a pretty big fault… not something I would expect from someone with experience in that field :woman_shrugging:

I have to agree with these two posts. While I have no implants, an x-ray will locate the chip precisely. That will allow you to see if the chip is actually in the fascia, and if so where, or if it has been injected into muscle.

If @Amal says that procedure was problematical then I am definitely not going to argue with him.

Zack, please don’t let my experience prevent you from getting one, just find a KNOWLEDGEABLE installer.
One maybe where you might see their work first, if possible.

1 Like

Thanks, my hesitation has to do with distance to installers, and not actually having a use case at the moment.

1 Like

:open_mouth:

Customer service, above and beyond

To quote @darthdomo

4 Likes

This is why I do my own installs.

2 Likes

Just in case you don’t have access to X-rays and by chance have the right materials at home, maybe try this: My ugly but cool DIY hand X-ray (visible-ray?)
It’s not a solution but if your implant is right under the skin (as it should be) then it will be clearly visible (like mine in the pictures). Maybe this can reassure you while waiting for a better solution.
For your placement use the TP setup, not the box.

3 Likes

I’m not sure that this video is that great at showing the install site position, it appears to be closer to the base of the index finger than in some of your installation videos - like here:

vs here:
Screenshot 2021-06-05 121913

Back on topic, I hope your implant works out @Zeno

The important bit is parallel to the index metacarpal bone. How far down is related to the hand in question.

1 Like

@Cthe4x4go

:man_facepalming:

Don’t mind me :rofl:.

To the correct person this time: I hope this situation with your implant is resolved soon @Cthe4x4go, it really sucks that you went all the way to Vegas and it didn’t work out well.

1 Like

An xAC will go out to @Cthe4x4go once shipping address is confirmed.

4 Likes

What is the point in contacting a piercer who clearly didn’t listen to me when I was standing in front of him. Please tell me what you think he could do now, since I had the implant put in, got a drink from the circle k next door and drove my stupid butt back 6 hours back home.
And remember he didn’t pay attention while I was in front of him. Do you think he could fix not entering at the correct point, maybe he could magicly will it into the correct spot. Is this a tallant that peircers who don’t listen to you in person have?

1 Like

Dude, I know you’re frustrated by now, so…
I was just thinking about what I would do in your position. If that’s of no help for you, fine. Not really my problem.
But if I happen to be unhappy with something my piercer or my bodmod artist did, the first thing I do is talk to them. They can for example tell you that slight nerve pain after an installation is not an unusual thing, and thus maybe calm you down a bit. If anything goes wrong with a mod, the people who do them on a frequent base (because they earn their living in doing so) might just have a few more ideas on how to solve the problem.
And if you feel like you’re not treated the way you want to be (though I have to say, there’s always two sides to that), you can tell your piercer as well. If you’re right and he had a bad day or whatever, he might apologize and offer you some help, maybe in re-injecting the chip in a better spot or whatever. Or he might just be an asshole who just doesn’t care - but that’s the thing your assuming already, so your opinion won’t become worse.
Or maybe you had a bad day. Like I said, there’s always at least two opinions about such cases, and I wasn’t there.

10 Likes

This is a very heated thread. I’m sorry it got so sucky for you.
But rather than us defending some yahoo piercer we can’t control, I think the focus should be on getting it out and redoing it later when healed up.

I’m not a doctor, I’m just a dumbass with no fear doing dumb shit to myself - take my advice as you will :slight_smile:

It sounds a lot like you nor your body are ready for this so, Getting it out is paramount if you wait too long, the thing will hide. I did my stuff all by myself and the first one in I fucked up. I have lost an xsiid somewhere in that same general area.

I have tried 3 times to dig it out and failed three times. All I could go by was generally scan its location and a very slight shuffle with a large magnet. Had I had an X-ray I would have had a better chance of finding it.

1 get an X-ray
2 get it out - doctor, not piercer.
3 heal up your body and brain
4 decide if you want to install again or use it as a cool little trinket hot glued to a lego minifig of Batman.

4 Likes

Genius idea :smiley:

1 Like