Jan 2021 VivoKey Apex update

But, theoretically, once the applet is on there, it doesn’t matter if anything happens to the issuer?

once again it’s more about policy and intertwined agreements than technical difficulties. unlocking the chip would mean master key access to the applet security domain and that is not allowed at any time as per the agreement. considering that every single other use case for these chips + payment applets is to go into a card that gets tossed in a few years, it is never a problem but now with our use case and wanting to be able to unlock the chip and give the customer the master key… we’re tripping over these issues that others (fidesmo) have agreed to… but we are working on waivers etc.

1 Like

Thanks for the info! :slight_smile: and for working so hard to bring this to market

4 Likes

This is excellent. I can feel my mind more at ease with never having to remember another password, or significantly less.

I Copy and pasted this to the Reddit page.

2 Likes

There’s a Reddit?

1 Like

There is (Kind of) a Vivokey one,
But too many platforms in my opinion.
Great to get the word out but sheesh…Soooo many

2 Likes

Kinda? I was interested in this way back, so I went to the reddit and some guy had made one. I got Modded.

but…

Pretty much this. I generally redirect people here. I don’t have time to try to get a dead subreddit going. Also, pretty much only jumped into the role for when it takes off.

1 Like

Fuckin Wild, I cant wait.

1 Like

Dang. It’s coming out at a time I can’t really go somewhere to get it installed without having to worry about the health implications, due to COVD…

:unamused:

1 Like

Time to start the best post of 2021 thread? @ODaily @Pilgrimsmaster

They beat you to it.

1 Like

Oh shit. I’ve been off in my own little world. Very busy this past month. Don’t I look ignorant, lmao.

Yeeeeeees! I’m so hyped for this! Where’s everyone planning on putting theirs?

1 Like

I’m definitely thinking R4 for mine. Seems like a common place for small flexies, and I want to give it plenty of room from my xSIID in R0. I could definitely go closer I think, but I don’t want to risk crosstalk, and I don’t have any others in R to worry about.

I’m also considering somewhere on my left hand, but my Spark 2 in L2 has really awful range, and I feel like even in L4, it would cause issues reading my Spark 2.

I prefer having mine in my dominant hand anyways, makes it easier to present to readers (especially CaRFID).

1 Like

Finally!

It’s been so hard to wait for this, told myself this would be my first implant.

Pre ordering this for sure!

While I am here, is there going to be a blinky version?

Would love some purple LEDs on top, even though purple doesn’t show through the skin very well

1 Like

You’ll need Amal to confirm this, but
I BELIEVE there will be a blinkie option on offer, however Amal has a lack of confidence with the current LED (NFC Nails) BUT Dangerous Things are working on an alternative, hopefully it will be available before the launch of Vivokey Apex but we won’t know until the announcement of either the Apex or LED…
Amal knows “everybody” loves the blinkies :bulb:
We will all find out in due course

EDITED TO REFLECT AMALS REPLY BELOW

Blinkies are only being planned for the so called “Apex Jumbo” but it is still several months out… other things to do first. Blinkies are not planned for the Apex Flex or Apex Max.

Thats a bit of a shame. It’s a bummer the LED nail project failed, the new Flex form factor is just begging for a nail sticker either side of the chip!

1 Like

we may, at some time, explore integrated LEDs but the point of the flex is to be as small as possible while maintaining a useful level of performance… adding LEDs and the elements required to enable them to operate will undoubtedly increase the size of the narrow flex without adding anything to performance.

5 Likes

Apex Jumbo…

Damn, may have to hold out even longer for this lol