June 2022 VivoKey Apex Flex update

There ain’t enough money in the world, no offense :rofl:

5 Likes

Guys, please correct me if I’m wrong!

So basically, the VivoKey Apex Flex supports Fidesmo pay, it can be connected to a Curve card, and be used for payments right?
Just like a Walletmor implant on steroids?

1 Like

It supports payment from a technical point of view.
However both payment processors (Visa and Mastercard) don’t allow payment implants at the moment.
As soon as they would allow that, Apex Flex could get enrolled for payments

5 Likes

I closed a credit card because it didn’t match up to the coolness factor of the other cards in my wallet. If I’m buying dinner, I’m using the translucent one where you can see the NFC coil. It’s an expression of identity.

Also me. c’mere with that card reader, I am the payment method.

4 Likes

Oooooooooh, Christmas came early this year :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

Super excited with what I’ve been able to do with the Apex Flex so far. I’ve got SmartPGP on there and linked in the key authentication to my workflow here (SSH auth / git commit signing).

This is exactly what I’ve been wanting for 5 years or so. Super pleased.

21 Likes

Nothing good comes easy. I feel late on the bat considering I have no beta or actual chip. OMG I had the cash to buy sooooo many Vivokey Apex, but now I need to figure out a alternative solution to the problem of not having the latest tech. I hear good news, this is important regardless of the struggles. I NEED to login more, get a heads up. Ok enough of mombo yombo. If there’s a way to run code on a bio chip, I need it. I wouldn’t sell my firstborn, but definitely my leg. We need a chip-implant with a alarm. Yeah, some kind of basic always-on power source to make the clock tick. A capacitor that won’t explode and rupture the flesh. A alarm to make you remember what’s important. Friends, lovers, family, but yeah, also the latest chip implant tech. Keep on the good work.

2 Likes

calm down it’s not even really released yet

Apex-calm down is kinda a running joke at this point

I was going to ask you how you installed the PGP applet, but then I checked the Fidesmo website and realized a whole new bunch of apps were released :slight_smile:
It’s gonna be a fun weekend!

3 Likes

Yeah !!! Woohoo !!! Can’t wait to hear how you get on :smiley:

Yeah, some kind of basic always-on power source to make the clock tick.

One of the things I have pondered over the years is what about an implant that “does stuff” - blood levels monitoring and that type of thing say. And then a smart watch that mounts externally and provides the power to the internal chip and the comms. I’m interested to think about what that constant field might do the the body and whether such a smart watch could pulse the field every minute or whatever to power the chip to take readings.

So basically a sort of paired device internal / external wearable strategy I could see going places in future…

2 Likes

Mind sharing where on the website you are seeing the new apps that were released?

Main phone is an iphone (because work) and I left the android at the office :man_facepalming:

So now I am thinking… My dad has an Apple Watch he pays for stuff with. Presumably that’s all locked down. Is there a wearable Android compatible which has an NFC reader in that could talk to my Apex Flex in existence?

Sorry: I wanted to say Fidesmo “app”, not “website”.
Just tap your apex to the Fidesmo app and select “connect a service”

Darn it.

1 Like

The Fidesmo app sometimes bugs out and does not display the “Connect service” button, just re-add your Apex using the small plus button on the start screen. It should then remember that this token has the option to connect services.

3 Likes

On Android you just need to go back to the device screen and back in to the device details screen and usually the connect button shows up… on iPhone it never works now. We have a ticket in with fidesmo about both issues.

4 Likes

How can I get my hands on one of these ?

1 Like

So even though the Apex Flex page still says, “Private Presale”, those that are keen-eyed could theoretically order one and receive it (eventually)?

2 Likes