June 2022 VivoKey Apex Flex update

Thanks @KaiCastledine, all. Am booked in on Saturday with Piercings By Tim. Exciting times!

2 Likes

As far as i know in the UK the law never changed - it was just a conviction to a piercer/tattoo artist for GBH for performing some ‘bodymods’ shed light on the laws as they stand and caused people to change their practice.
Tattoos and piercings are defined in UK law and are protected - they don’t require specific qualifications but do require the practitioner to adhere to a strict set of rules.
Any ‘bodymods’ that arent tattoos or piercings including subdermal implants are not defined in the current laws leaving them in a grey area - a subdermal implant could (would?) be seen as a minor surgical procedure and would require the installer to be qualified to do so or open themselves up for legal repercussions.

1 Like

That’s really interesting to know - thanks @sgtreckless !

Implant went in today. Super impressed.

Can somebody introduce me to whoever is looking at the key store application?

Also what would you recommend for an NFC USB reader for me to play with?

Thanks!

Alex

6 Likes

I can not wait! I joined the DT club too late to pre order the apex but I’ve been checking everyday. I have a titan, spark 2 in my cart already and just waiting to add the apex to hit the order button!

2 Likes

You’ll need Amal to confirm things, but I believe at the moment, The hardware is on Pre-release, like you are lucky enough to have.
Then public sales will be after the Beta and DT Club orders have been filled.

When I checked my Fidesmo account, ( you can make your phone a wearable to login) there are only a few VK applets currently available.

• NDEF (various size containers to choose from)
  • OTP
  • Tesla NAK
  • Go : Nordics (Swedish public transport)

BUT

many more in the pipeline.

Including KeyPass

If you currently have a VK account with a Spark, you won’t be able to connect your Apex at this stage, as this is also a part of the whole new ReVamp

Again, just a summise

3 Likes

4 Likes

So the keypass project will likely be collapsed into our efforts with our FIDO2 app release, or our yubico hmac-sha1 OTP app release since there are already Keypass implementations that support them. No need to re-invent the wheel if we can get where we’re going on the wheels already available to us.

8 Likes

So I have 25 years in embedded coding. Commercially we work closely with NXP and have done since the Motorola/Freescale years from i.MX53 through 6, 7ULP and we’re about to bring to market an I.MX8M Mini board.

We’ve been putting NXP SE050 root of trust chips on our boards to secure IoT comms for a few years now and the P71 looks similar but more fun.

I’m super keen to work with you folks on root of trust for authentication and encryption rather than recreate the wheel myself

Also and for a bit of marketing I’d love to be able to say I was your 100th or 10th or whatever Apex Flex implant… In the future this is going to be like a low Slashdot number :grin:

3 Likes

is the dev kit on the store ( VivoKey Dev Kit) the same p71 as commisioned in the apex flex or is this an older version? i see the p40 card is still listed

Want to have a chat? Grab a time at Harmonizely - Amal Graafstra

vivokey.com will soon be updated to focus on the Apex and offer a nice set of information, documentation, and new apps when they will become available. We are even working on a direct e-commerce purchase capability outside of the biohacker style dangerous things store.

We plan to take our signed fido2 app through certification to ensure we have a path for larger companies to officially support apex as a security / identity token.

8 Likes

No sorry it’s not P71 based at all. It’s a symmetric chip like the spark 1 was. ISO15693. Works with current platform and will also with the new service platform once intimated.

That sounds great yes. Have put a time in for tomorrow.

Just trying to get back into the Fidesmo developer eco-system. I had an account when I was waiting for the Flex One Beta but those links don’t seem to work any more.

The link on the Dangerous Things shop page #404’s too Develop and deploy your own java card applets

1 Like

This is exactly where I want to be going with this. Let’s keep in touch?

A/

4 Likes

I just received my Apex and I’m curious on the dev side of things as well: Fidesmo seems to have removed the developer pages from their website, so, before trying something that might brick this brand new toy :slight_smile: , I wanted to post here to ask if there is a special workflow for Apex development

2 Likes

Aha reading back through the chat… Might wait to speak with @amal first then and tinker with this rather neat Beeceptor tool for now :smiley:

A/

I was actually wondering if I should grab an NXP P71 Dev Kit or something to tinker with as I get up the curve as I totally agree and if anybody can brick the Apex Flex by pushing buttons it is me :smiley:

1 Like

I feel the same :slight_smile:
Let’s start this journey in a safe way!

1 Like

Well that was easy. Now I just need to find my old dev. account and work out how to get this baby uploaded :smiley:

1 Like

Fidesmo has changed their approach for sure. There are a few options though. Let’s discuss ok the call.

3 Likes