June 2022 VivoKey Apex Flex update

That’s actually a good idea! :thinking:

1 Like

Is there actually a way to search the fidesmo applet library?
I’ve honestly not even looked into it since I assumed the Apex was still in soon™ status :laughing:

1 Like

actually no… not that i’m aware of. the vivokey.com/apex page is going to get a revamp shortly.

4 Likes

We are working on ways to include the custom 4G needle inside the same sterilization pouch as the Apex Flex. This approach appears to be industry standard for sharps - a short length of silicone tubing with the same ID as the OD of the sharp (needle in our case). The silicone material is just “grippy” enough to not fall off the needle or really move much without force being applied, while not being so tight around the needle that the sterilant can’t do it’s job.

These will be gas plasma sterilized along with the product in the same sterilization pouch, but be sequestered in its own little section of the pouch by way of strategic heat sealing… at least that’s the plan at this point.

13 Likes

Why is too long a problem? I would assume more is more secure?

1 Like

Not yet, but “soon™”

2 Likes

reduces sterilant penetration by creating extra tension between tube and needle surface once sitting inside the pouch / package. Length = leverage… not that i think it would be anywhere close to a problem, but still… looking for ideal conditions.

3 Likes

Fair enough

Wish I had subscribed sooner to get in on the pre-order :cry:

Stoked that it is finally coming out though.

2 Likes

Ha I can be of help here!

Yes there is! You can actually get the API to return all applets for all products (unless private like some VK applets shared here before).

In the app they have a setting where you can set your own url for the API, I set that to my server, looked at the requests and sent them to the original api server.
You can play with the API there and find all applets and install, uninstall codes, minimal descriptions I think.
EDIT: I just remembered, it’s pretty hard to find out what applet does what, e.g. some have “uninstallAppletname” as action, which is easy to identify. I’m sure you can get the names somehow (the app does it too doesn’t it).
You can play with that, if you can correlate the device type of some other P71 chips, you can find which applets do exist.

I do not know if you can install them tho, maybe you can trick the app to report a wrong device type and then install everything that’s allowed for fidesmo cards for example.

7 Likes

i_see

3 Likes

Hm, sorry. There’s no interface to search that, but the backend of the fidesmo app does have these features technically, so programmers and the like could search that. Maybe it could be a little side project for someone to make a readable list?

Maybe some more details to get that someone started:

• you need a server e.g. beeceptor.com or some other request bin
  • it’s best to proxy that traffic to api.fidesmo.com so you can just inspect without causing wrong responses
  • in your fidesmo app, developer options “Use custom server URL” → set that url there
  • use app as intended (e.g. install try to install an applet)
  • you’ll see some REST HTTP requests to your server → now you know how the API requests look
  • now modify the requests to remove filters and stuff like that until you get all the data you need

Some of what I said only makes sense once you play with the API, so yeah.

7 Likes

So are most people just writing their own JC code or scowering GitHub for applets?

1 Like

@StarGate01 is writing their own applets, don’t know of any others that do (well, except fragger ofc).

Thing is, fidesmo changed the way they work and users can’t just get a dev acc anymore and install any applet they want… so, like amal said, official apex applets are like the only option.

1 Like

Although my Fidesmo account was grandfathered in, you can still email them and request a development account.

I have no clue how I’d even upload an applet to Apex even if I did have a developer account with fidesmo :sweat_smile:

Neither do I, but tinkering is part of the fun.

Well I suppose that’s less of an issue for us here since we could crowd source ideas from the forum for applets that we ourselves would use.

1 Like

two ways to go about it;

• push your code and a “recipe” up to their server and “manually deploy” the app with the fidesmo app (there is a manual service deployment option).

• vivokey adopts your code into an OSS fork or repo, compiles, and publishes … and you just pick it from the list of apps in the Fidesmo app to deploy

Can I get a invite to the forum. My viokey app says I can get into it but wount let me login in

I guess it’s not an accident. Do you mean the ios app dashboard still links to the forum? Amal can probably remove that.