June 2022 VivoKey Apex Flex update

How big will the field reading range be? The same as with other flex implants?

Do we have a rough idea when the apex will be available on the site?
End of July possibly?

soon™

1 Like

New needle and product sterilization pouch. This will then go into a sealed poly bag after sterilization.

28 Likes

That’s hot

7 Likes

Will you share a picture of it after sterilization? I’m interested to see what color the indicator changes to.

2 Likes

The indicators built into the pouch will not change because they do not react to gas plasma. We have our own indicator adhesive labels that will be applied to the back along with the lot tracking label. I will post a picture of that once I have it.

5 Likes

PS, the gas plasma indicators are awesome because they go from a drab brown color to a vibrant rich green color. There’s absolutely no mistaking what’s been processed and what hasn’t.

6 Likes

That looks professional as fuck! :heart_eyes:

I guess the lube goes in with the rest of the install accoutrement!?

5 Likes

Ooh… bonus it should be decently readable while remaining in the packaging

6 Likes

Yep

yes_data-1312170297

6 Likes

It’s alright, I got some here anyway.

ʕ •ᴥ•ʔ

3 Likes

Can I use the Apex Flex as a replacement for the Yubikey?
For example as a 2FA login for my google account?

1 Like

And how does that work? because now I read my Yubikey via NFC into my google account.
Can this be done in the same way?

U2F applet would suffice.

I believe it’s basically the same way once you’ve installed the applet. I haven’t tested the applet that’s available yet but it’s located here https://github.com/VivoKey/vk-u2f

4 Likes

depends on how you use your yubikey. i would presume that there would be an applet that you could use for it. dont hold me to my word.

The inclusion of a sterilized needle is absolutely phenomenal. So cool to see the new sterilization stuff putting in work already.

4 Likes

Google has open source Apache 2.0 licensed code related to this.

If you’re wanting to develop a free open source version you might start here, and transcode into Java using this as a launch point. I’m working on a project for making a specific just* HOTP implant (projects category), and this was a large portion of where the “meat and potatoes” came from.

HMAC-Based One-time Password (HOTP) is specified in RFC 4226 and Time-based One-time Password (TOTP) is specified in RFC 6238.

3 Likes