June 2022 VivoKey Apex Flex update

Want to have a chat? Grab a time at Harmonizely - Amal Graafstra

vivokey.com will soon be updated to focus on the Apex and offer a nice set of information, documentation, and new apps when they will become available. We are even working on a direct e-commerce purchase capability outside of the biohacker style dangerous things store.

We plan to take our signed fido2 app through certification to ensure we have a path for larger companies to officially support apex as a security / identity token.

8 Likes

No sorry itā€™s not P71 based at all. Itā€™s a symmetric chip like the spark 1 was. ISO15693. Works with current platform and will also with the new service platform once intimated.

That sounds great yes. Have put a time in for tomorrow.

Just trying to get back into the Fidesmo developer eco-system. I had an account when I was waiting for the Flex One Beta but those links donā€™t seem to work any more.

The link on the Dangerous Things shop page #404ā€™s too Develop and deploy your own java card applets

1 Like

This is exactly where I want to be going with this. Letā€™s keep in touch?

A/

4 Likes

I just received my Apex and Iā€™m curious on the dev side of things as well: Fidesmo seems to have removed the developer pages from their website, so, before trying something that might brick this brand new toy :slight_smile: , I wanted to post here to ask if there is a special workflow for Apex development

2 Likes

Aha reading back through the chatā€¦ Might wait to speak with @amal first then and tinker with this rather neat Beeceptor tool for now :smiley:

A/

I was actually wondering if I should grab an NXP P71 Dev Kit or something to tinker with as I get up the curve as I totally agree and if anybody can brick the Apex Flex by pushing buttons it is me :smiley:

1 Like

I feel the same :slight_smile:
Letā€™s start this journey in a safe way!

1 Like

Well that was easy. Now I just need to find my old dev. account and work out how to get this baby uploaded :smiley:

1 Like

Fidesmo has changed their approach for sure. There are a few options though. Letā€™s discuss ok the call.

3 Likes

Thought you might all like to see how it looks today. Not much pain really. Seems to be healing up nicely. Super nice work from Tim. Really impressedā€¦ The whole needle approach works so well doesnā€™t it!

8 Likes

Is there a plan for new dev cards based on the P71 with Fidesmo provisioned keys? Or would the older fidesmo cards still work similar enough for a development card?

Kind of. We would have to make a big batch of them and right now we are putting resources into making more implants.

6 Likes

Yeah absolutely. This was mostly based on my best guess on how I would ACTUALLY use an apex but unfortunately I am not very strong on the software side so Iā€™ll just have to wait and see what kindof applets will get developed

1 Like

As the Apex Flex is now available for sale to the public, does this mean that DT Club orders have been fulfilled? Iā€™m considering putting down cash if the backlog has been worked through now

is it?

Itā€™s available to add to basket on the web store - previously it was showing as sold out

I donā€™t think itā€™s meant to be lol

I must be blind as a bat, because I see nothing. Link?

Not listed in the product pages, but if you know the link:

3 Likes