Keysy cant read NEXT chip

My keysy can read and write LF but i cant seem to get it to read from my NeXT chip. anyone else having this issue? it can read my friends LF only implant from you guys.

We have been in talks with them for some time. The problem is the antenna in the standard Keysy… it’s just not designed to couple well with the small cylindrical antennas inside our implants. After all, the Keysy is powered by a single 3v coin cell after all, so it’s definitely not putting a lot of power into the antenna coupling.

Oh yeah, so your friend…

This might be luck of the draw to be honest… maybe the Keysy is just barely able to read it and his xEM implant has slightly less tissue between it and the Keysy and maybe the tuning on the xEM is just right to get a good enough couple with the xEM… but the bottom line is that a stock off the shelf Keysy will have a very hard time working with implants in general.

You can be whoever you want to be on the internet. That’s interesting about the random chance aspect I’ve gotten it to repeat copy off the other multiple times. The keysy has some exciting blinks as I move it all around my no no spot I’m just trying to verify all 3 chips function. 2 out of 3 at the moment of is the final test.

Anything we could do to try to improve that? I remember talks of disassembling the blue cloners to physically put the antenna on the implant itself. Is that possible with this device?

Here is an image from the Keysy kickstarter page, which should give a good idea of antenna to Chip orientation
Prototypes
Final Product

1 Like

Have the Keysy in hand. Got my work badge pulled but can’t seem to get it to clone to my xEM. Anything I can try before I box it back up and return it?

Freaking bummer. I’ve been having the hardest time getting my work badge cloned on it. I’ve reached out to people in my area who could do it with zero luck. They don’t seem interested in helping me.

No money or knowledge to use the proxmark. And this Keysy was kinda my last hope and it’s not working.

Super fucking bummed.

As mentioned on the other thread…

The keysy issue is twofold… I think the commercial keysy requires specially tagged or signed t5577 chips to write to… part of their revenue plan… and the other issue is the antenna.

We talked to keysy about making a special dangerous things version with a different antenna design and firmware to allow open writing to any t5577 but the per unit cost would be pretty high… might as well spend the cash on a proxmark3 rdv4…

Got it. Thanks

@Tacticalsatan
Mate, I am super sorry, I pointed you toward Keysy when I did not know enough about it myself.
After reading the threads, I was confident it was going to work.

Which is why I ordered one myself. I had already ordered it, before you asked your relevant question

I hope @Satur9 solution works for you / me.

If not, I feel responsible, so if TinyLabs won’t accept your return, I will buy your one off you.

Man I hate proprietary stuff :apple:
proprietary prevents progress

My bad though, I should have read it fully.
The information was there, at the bottom.

No need to be sorry man!! I really appreciated the suggestion and the time you’re taking to help me find a solution!

And I appreciate the offer! But I purchased it on Amazon so returns are pretty easy haha.

1 Like