LED/glowing microchip?

Hey thanks @amal!
So yeah its visible ok when we’re in like a really dark room or whatever, which is cool. :slight_smile: It looks kinda neat actually, when you notice it.
Still kinda think we got it a bit too deep but we can see it so thats cool. We were worried for a bit if it was too deep we’d have to try to pull it back out and redo it. :smile:

1 Like

Oh I’d rock a tritium vial in my hand for sure. As long it were really, really thick glass.

2 Likes

You MIGHT still be in luck, Only 15 originally available!
UPDATE I just checked for you, xGLO still available…for now

Thread
Hidden limited product

Hidden Store link
xGLO

3 Likes

Managed to get some pics of our xGLO! :smiley:

There’s still some bruising and swelling around it, and it looks like there’s something ‘ontop’ of it in the pics but like we can’t feel anything overtop of it? I dunno what that is but its not like a vein or tendon or anything?

Anyways, its hard getting pics of these things lol. Its easier to see with the eyes than what the camera can pick up. So we had to be a bit artsy with the lighting and stuff. :wink:

6 Likes

That’s awesome… I bet it’s a vein.

Amal

2 Likes

This is so so cool! A few safety questions:

• Is there any possibility this might trip up airport security? I’m guessing the coating takes care of all the radiation and it’d be utterly undetectable.

• If I got in a car accident and the vial broke, how dangerous is this amount of tritium floating around my body? Are we talking “just a few xrays’ worth” or “almost guaranteed cancer” levels here?

1 Like

Yep it tests as background when inside our glass. The ampoule itself spits tons of crap out… but inside our glass it’s just that ghostly glow that makes it out.

Real bad. This is the primary reason we’re not really making it as a public product. The fact we’ve never had a single case where our primary glass has broken is the only reason we made any at all… but yeah, if it breaks inside you and the ampoule also breaks… that would be pretty bad. Tritium goes through beta decay, and while beta particles won’t even make it through your dead skin… from inside your body, seriously bad things will happen.

If you want to scare yourself shitless, check this out; https://www.nirs.org/wp-content/uploads/factsheets/tritiumbasicinfo.pdf where it says…

There is no evidence of a threshold for damage from 3H exposure; even the smallest amount of tritium can have negative health impacts. (Dobson, 1974) Organically bound tritium (tritium bound in animal or plant tissue) can stay in the body for 10 years or more. While tritiated water may be cleared from the human body in about 10 days (Garland), if a person lives in an area where tritium contamination continues, he or she can experience chronic exposure to tritium. (Laskey) Tritium from tritiated water can become incorporated into DNA, the molecular basis of heredity for living organisms. DNA is especially sensitive to radiation. (Hori) A cell’s exposure to tritium bound in DNA can be even more toxic than its exposure to tritium in water.

But, do understand that is a PDF and a statement from an anti-nuclear power site… but still… it’s definitely worth doing a ton of research before even considering this.

Now, that said, some might consider this a more balanced resource; https://hps.org/documents/tritium_fact_sheet.pdf where it says;

Tritium can potentially be hazardous to human health because it emits ionizing radiation, exposure to which may increase the probability that a person will develop cancer during his or her lifetime. For this reason, it is very important that human exposure to any radioactive material, such as tritium, is minimized within reason. However, it is also important to understand that an individual’s cancer risk is affected by many factors, including heredity, lifestyle, and numerous environmental factors, of which radiation exposure is but one of many. It is also important to note that everyone is exposed to radiation every day and, on average, the vast majority of an individual’s radiation exposure in the United States results from medical procedures and naturally produced radiation. In fact, humans have always been exposed to radiation and our bodies have mechanisms that can act to repair damage to our cells that is caused by radiation. As discussed above, tritium is generally only considered to be potentially hazardous when it is inside the body. Tritium can enter the body by inhalation, skin absorption and, mostly commonly, ingestion of tritiated water. For the most part, tritium does not accumulate in any one part of the body, nor does it tend to reside within the body for long periods. Instead, tritium predominantly behaves just like ordinary water in the body, becoming distributed uniformly throughout the body’s water and excreted through the same pathways as water, primarily in the form of urine. A small amount of all tritium that enters the body can become bound to organic compounds. Organically bound tritium atoms do not behave like water, can remain in the body for longer periods, and can accumulate in certain parts of the body; however, the effects of organically bound tritium are generally not significant compared to the predominant form of tritium occurring as water in the body. It also important to note that tritium does not have chemically toxic effects when inside the body and it is hazardous solely due to its radioactivity. While it has been determined that exposure to high levels of ionizing radiation causes cancer, this effect has not been observed for lower doses on the order of background radiation doses, including with tritium. Although the regulatory process and radiation safety practices operate based on the conservative assumption that all radiation exposure increases cancer risk, credible quantitative risk assessments cannot be made for low background levels of radiation exposure. For this reason, the cancer risk, if there is any, posed to a member of the general public by expected environmental tritium exposure levels cannot be determined reliably. In fact, it has been shown that the health effects, namely cancer induction, resulting from such exposures are too improbable to be observed using current data and analytical methods.

Still… the short answer is that tritium is very bad when it gets inside you, and there is a lot of tritium in that ampoule.

4 Likes

I consider this to be important enough information that I added a link to this specific post in this thread to the hidden product page for the xGLO.

4 Likes

@amal, to be clear tho as long as the ampule and the bioglass tube are intact, there’s no ionizing radiation escaping? Like nothing above background level right?

FWIW where we have it installed in our arm, there’s nothing hard (bone etc) anywhere near it, its all just like soft tissue and stuff. With all the tests you’ve done on the x series, we’re confident it’s not likely to break in there.

TBH if we had the money we’d get a 2nd one & do the left arm too, for a matched set lol.

3 Likes

Correct. I have video showing the unprotected ampoule vs our glass protected ampoule. When in our glass, radiation output is the same as background… meaning no significant output. I’ll get it edited together and released soon.

4 Likes

Implanted 4 days ago, it’s healing well. Yes i know it’s not a recommend location, but I’m happy.

8 Likes

What was the situation here on the camera? Anything special? It seems like a somewhat bright environment compared to other photos I’ve seen.

The room is actually dark with only the computer monitor providing light. I used the samsung s9 pro camera setting to provide high contrast for the light. This is why the image is slightly fuzzy.

3 Likes

Awesome ! Ordered. <3

:slight_smile:

Did you read the safety link on the product page that brings you back to a specific post in this thread by chance?

2 Likes

Yes I did :slight_smile:

1 Like

Finally got around to getting a decent picture. I have to say while the xGLO is probably a terrible idea it’s definitely the implant that puts the biggest smile on my face.

7 Likes

You should put one between the other 3 metacarpals in you hand in the same location, make it look like the claw exit points from 1990s Wolverine :sunglasses:

6 Likes

Can anyone with an xGLO implant update on how bright the glow is after the 4 to 6 week healing mark?

Thinking about getting it as my 3rd chip

I’m at a touch over 4 weeks since implantation. The answer is still really not very bright. In a well lit room it’s basically invisible, in a dimly lit room you can maybe tell its there, in a dark room you’d probably see it if it’s pointed out, and in a pitch black room is about the only time it’s truly noticeable. So if you’re looking for a night light I’d say go for it, but if you’re hoping for it to be something other people notice or can see you’re probably going to be disappointed.

2 Likes