LED/glowing microchip?

I’ve encountered quite a few people in the body mod scene who couldn’t care less about NFC functionality, but they are interested in LEDs for decoration. To each their own. Just because the xLED exists doesn’t mean there won’t be tag implants down the line that also have an LED. DT is constantly improving their product lineup.

3 Likes

Yeah true. But it doesn’t take a whole lot to remove one and replace it

1 Like

The flex series could be used for rfid somewhere else. Because of that I have no worries about using a space

1 Like
  1. TOTALLY worth a glass implant that only lights up when in use (or near a reader)
  2. I’m not sure about the sizing of that, and how I’d get it installed. (see also below, where I want things to last forever - batteries never do)
  3. I see implants as lasting the rest of my life (hopefully), but the wireless charging system you’re referring to sounds like something with a lifespan.
2 Likes

Thinkingof putting the xLED here next to my xNT. What do y’all think?

1 Like

That’s basically where I put mine.
Here’s a pic for reference

2 Likes

Great. Thank you for the insight.

1 Like

Tritium also gets dimmer with time

2 Likes

Should I be able to scan it thru the bag?(the inner paper not plastic outer) don’t exactly want to implant it and see :slight_smile:

1 Like

If you are talking about the xLED included in our kits, this is not an implant. There should be a sticker on the packaging that says as such. The xLED has no chip, so you cannot “scan” it, you can only energize it and the LED inside will glow, but nothing will happen with the reader or phone because there is no chip.

We have created an implantable xLED now that comes inside a needle, but the xLEDs that come with products in a plastic bag are not implantable.

1 Like

I explained it super wrong,

It is the new xLED (from like 2 weeks (19 posts) ago), in a needle
The needle is in a paper “bag” inside a bigger plastic “bag"
I know it doesnt “scan” I guess I mean activate (light up) when read.

Sorry I explained it real loosely.

1 Like

Ah no prob. The xLED is inside the needle and thus cannot be energized. Some LF devices can be energized inside their needles using specific antennas, but the skin effect stops that from being possible with HF devices.

1 Like

great. Didnt expect the answer could be that positive
thanks for making such safe theys

3 Likes

YES!!! I definitely would buy that!

1 Like

Absolutely ! I wanted to buy FireFly but… its disappeared :frowning:

3 Likes

we’re working on some ideas…

4 Likes

I’ve just ordered the xLED and am excited to implant. It will be a practical choice for me because I use my Apple Watch currently to make payments and wear it on my left wrist. I’m going to implant the xLED in my left hand on the medial side near the thumb. Out of habit I place my hand on the reader while waiting to roll my watch face toward the screen so just doing what I already do will allow me to see when the reader is ready without waiting on the cashier to tell me.

I also have a FireFly V2 and wish it were brighter. I’d love to know if there’s any way that is possible. Keeping an eye out on these forums for updates to the FFV2 and colored xLED or xLED with capacitance.

3 Likes

Is the Firefly still for sale anywhere? The website where Google led me too, I couldn’t find on the sight.

1 Like

Unless you “NEED” one right now, you should probably wait.
From the forums, Amal has indicated there are a few things in the works and likely on their way.
DT is always reliability over function, so hopefully it is what you are after.

3 Likes

I wasn’t aware! Id much rather buy DT.

2 Likes