LED/glowing microchip?

What would be the charge time for that capacitor?

2 Likes

Iā€™d have to test to verify, but hereā€™s the calculation with gud enuf values:

R * C = Ļ„
(1Ī©) * (200mF) = 0.2 seconds

Charge time ā‰ˆ 5Ļ„
Charge time ā‰ˆ 1 second

2 Likes

Saw this: https://www.instagram.com/p/Bev1XAhhvca/?taken-by=biohackinfo

What if you got that wire (just coated copper) to create an induction coil to nowhere and put it inside some glass.

1 Like

Thatā€™s really cool. I was initially skeptical, but it looks like that guy really did put some EL wire in his arm.

@warm
Did you mean putting a tiny piece of electroluminescent wire in the implant glass?

2 Likes

like the induction coil people are recommending for charging (like qi wireless charging) but make it with the electroluminescent wire so the coil itself glows.

3 Likes

DT youtube channel. NFC activated LED implant in action

5 Likes

Wow. You just blew my mind. Let me think about that for a bit. In the meantime, hereā€™s the layout of the EL wire:
svg

Itā€™s basically a coiled capacitor being charged up to ~120VAC @1kHz

3 Likes

That looks really interesting. But also looks like it would be huge.

1 Like

With the sleeve they can be 2mm in diameter.

1 Like

Awesome. I bought one earlier today. Canā€™t wait to get it!

2 Likes

Just out of curiosity, any thoughts of combining the xNT with the 13.56Mhz xLED or an xEM with a 125kHz xLED, sort of like the NExT, but with more pizzaz and less functionality?

4 Likes

I would definitely buy that if they released that. It would also show if the chip was within the correct distance within the reader.

3 Likes

Sincerely I find it a pity to take up space for that, would not it be better to have an LED implant with the functions of a normal RFID?

3 Likes

True but if you just wanted to test whether the reader was grabbing info or check the range from chips so you donā€™t accidentally scan yourself then that usefull

1 Like

Iā€™ve encountered quite a few people in the body mod scene who couldnā€™t care less about NFC functionality, but they are interested in LEDs for decoration. To each their own. Just because the xLED exists doesnā€™t mean there wonā€™t be tag implants down the line that also have an LED. DT is constantly improving their product lineup.

3 Likes

Yeah true. But it doesnā€™t take a whole lot to remove one and replace it

1 Like

The flex series could be used for rfid somewhere else. Because of that I have no worries about using a space

1 Like
  1. TOTALLY worth a glass implant that only lights up when in use (or near a reader)
  2. Iā€™m not sure about the sizing of that, and how Iā€™d get it installed. (see also below, where I want things to last forever - batteries never do)
  3. I see implants as lasting the rest of my life (hopefully), but the wireless charging system youā€™re referring to sounds like something with a lifespan.
2 Likes

Thinkingof putting the xLED here next to my xNT. What do yā€™all think?

1 Like

Thatā€™s basically where I put mine.
Hereā€™s a pic for reference

2 Likes