Lodestone PICO : Finger magnet fun for everyone

Or just a way to force expensive stupid wireless headphones onto the users?

At least it’s not specific to the PICO :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

Listening to it makes me want to make oscilloscope music again lol

Tried listening to music with it and it’s given me a huge grin in class XD
I love it!

2 Likes

Would it be possible to keep the screen on while using the Haptic Lab? I like keeping the auto screen off at 30 seconds, which might be fine in the future, but today I was excited and just left my hand by the Loadstone during the lectures lol
Was good for an alarm too, got a phone call and my hand stopped buzzing, immediately looked at the phone like Oh Shit, cool! XD

1 Like

Will look into it :wink:

1 Like

@Az_F

Perhaps a new Lodestone variation? (Nano?) One with a 3.5mm output or USB C passthrough? :wink:

3 Likes

It could be included in a future lodestone but for now this is more doable:

3 Likes

200w (8)

she-aint-lying-talks

sml-joseph

sheldon-sheldon-cooper

6 Likes

For some reason my pixel 7 just doesn’t want to cooperate at all with the loadstone. Can’t switch the device to ptp either

Do you have a pair of usbc headphones you can try?
Also try the PICO with your pc or some other phone to check if it works properly.

That is WILD. I gave up trying to get the pico to work on my Samsung A03s and plugged it into my ipad mini. Was immediately detected as a USB audio device and started working as soon as I started pumping tunes. I remembered someone mentioning doing this and it’s just… I don’t even know what to say.

2 Likes

I try to put that finger in your ear while doing this. You should hear the tunes! Use a USB extension for easy positioning.

3 Likes

Right !? Meat speakers are the best.
I’m also surprised at how little distortion there is. Before trying I expected it to be muffled or plain unrecognizable but it’s as good as it gets. It almost makes me want to make an earing Lodestone.

3 Likes

Just got home from my holiday trip.

First thing i did is check my mail

look what arrived

Its not pretty but took me less then a minute to make - all heatshrink i had was too big but it still works :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Still wating on mine, I can’t wait forever

I wanna stick my finger in my ear to listen to conference calls and look cool

2 Likes

I don’t know about that :laughing:

3 Likes

Agree to disagree

6 Likes

Hey magnetos, I have exactly 1 PICO left from the first batch. Everyone after that is gonna have to wait a couple months before I restock :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

The last one’s gone. I’ll look into making a second batch and to get an idea of how many I should get here’s a poll:

• I want a PICO

0 voters

2 Likes

Got mine today, and man does it look nice! While I don’t have anything particularly magnetic in by body (that I know of :wink:) just yet, I do have a little battery-powered gadget that lets you listen to electromagnetic waves generated by all sorts of electronics. Thanks to the wondrous properties of analog data, you can use this paired with a Pico to make a horrifically janky USB C to headphone listening experience.

3 Likes

confirmed with other devices as well as my pc, it is not recognized as a USB-c device.