Looking into my first implant. What's the difference?

As much as I hate recommending IAR products, I think you’re much better off getting an HF access controller.

Changing every now and then is better than having keys, but simply ordering this instead of the xAC means that you’ll never have to think about it again. As it should be as an implantee!

The only things to consider are range and power consumption. Both are worse with HF I believe.

1 Like

A touch free payment implant sounds like a cool idea but the fact that you will be planning to take it out from the moment it goes in is a bummer. If the chip could be rewritten for new cards, I would probably really consider that. I’m also in the US so it looks like there’s not even an option for me to use that at the moment. Has anyone ever tried linking their paypal, cashap or venmo account to their chip?

Don’t get me started. :rofl:

PureWrist should be US.

We’re praying that Mastercard allows that some beautiful day.

Yeah it doesnt seem too difficult, I’m just forward thinking where if I would start setting up a homebuilt “smart house” with RFIDs, i would hate to have to reprogram everything if I changed job locations and got a new work badge and reprogrammed my 125khz side.

Yeah it would be cool too see big name companies become early adopters of the tech and allow that to happen.

1 Like

How deeply do you wish to learn?

For your work pass if you have cloned it with a keysy then you are probably good to go as the keysy cards are based on the t5577 which is the most common low frequency chip in Dangerous things products. It can pretend to be a lot of different low frequency chips.

If your work access system is based on an Em4x chip (it might be) then you can enroll your work card in your XAC access controller.

If not then if you really want to learn things you could implement an access controller using an off the shelf reader module and an Arduino micro controller.

You might want to check out the improved keyboard wedge thread for an NFC reader that can be used to input your password into a computer.

A different Arduino, and a bit of finagling and you should be able to build an access controller.

2 Likes

In that case use NFC (see above) or centralize control over your access controllers. Perhaps a raspberry pi for the central controller and esp8266 based readers and local relays.

1 Like

In this situation, I think you are correct, it is the right tool for the job.

My guess is, that is something Amal my consider stocking as another option in the future

3 Likes

Where is your sense of adventure… Homebrew it, learn Arduino programming and basic electronics and RFID all at the same time. Then release the project on here for all. :unicorn_drunkin_dancing:

Ok, I think I have my next project, an esp8266 reader with a relay that can communicate with a raspberry pi zero W as a central controller.

2 Likes

I mess around with arduinos and raspberry pis so part of my tinkering would be to see how I can work the two techs together. I just started down the rabbit hole of RFIDs recently and can see a whole world of possibilities of microcontrollers and RFIDs doing cool stuff together. Even just implementing already available products with an implant just seems natural. The first thing I thought about were companies that sell firearm safes designed like a shelf or a table or whatever. They open with an RFID fob but all I could think of before was needing to go find my fob or carry it with me in case of an emergency; if you have that chip planted, no need to go looking for it. Or maybe something like a RFID enabled paintball trigger. All kinds of stuff is bouncing aroind my mind now.

That sounds like a cool start to a DIY smart home

Go look at the Improved keyboard wedge thread then.

It is basic, but it is usable.

I’m using Home assistant, and Tasmota already so I have some of that. But adding readers to do things all over the place could be interesting.

So here’s another possible stupid question as I am still learning basics of RFID and NFC, If I write data onto the NFC tag of the NExT chip, say to a website, does that change the ID of the chip? Reason for asking is im thinking about the possibility of using the 13.5mhz side for access control at home but if I write something to it, it shouldn’t change the ID ,right?

No

Yeah, I think so too

That’s what I thought and hoped for. What do most people tie to their NFC, just out of curiosity? I could see social media links, professional websites, favorite youtube videos, etc.

Only rickrolls. I don’t think implants have another use case. They should come preconfigured as rickroll.

Jk, I have my contact there.

I definitely appreciate everyone’s quick responses and helping me out being I’m so new to all of this. I guess the next step is ordering a NExT with the proxmark3 combo and get it installed!

The only NFC chips that I am aware.of that you can actively change the ID on are Magic chips. Even then you actually have to be changing the magic chip UID for that.

You can also get proper access control systems but those are more expensive. Ubiquiti has one but the additional encryption that it supports is not compatible with implants so you’d have to use it in chip UID only mode. This should be ok for most purposes. HID also makes a few systems.

There’s a list of tested readers on this page:

There are also a few threads on door locks, here’s a recent thread on the matter:

And of course, if you can make your own hardware, I encourage you do do so. Building stuff is awesome!

1 Like