M1flex installation with Apex needle

Yeah I used this 3mm needles but this thing is just scary :grimacing:

I don’t have this one on hand, but it has rubber in the cap, and it seems to be about $2 a piece.

https://www.fishersci.com/shop/products/fisherbrand-reusable-glass-tubes-phenolic-screw-caps-6/1495925b

Does anyone know when is M1flex being released?

It’s actually the flexM1. I tend to put the format indicator first… xM1 is glass tube because the x-series are all glass tube injectables… and flexM1 because the flex form factor involved. It’s my own goofy naming convention.

To answer your question though, we hope to get antennas next month after a long delay due to covid-19… once we get them, production batching can start.

6 Likes

Bit cheeky but I got couple of questions.

1. What price range are we looking for the flex m1?

2. M1 is 1k mifar classic backdoor correct?

3. There was talk I think of a gen1 and gen2 what are the major differences? One of them is safer (less brickable)?

4. Would you recommend a proxmark rdv4.

@amal

But I would GUESS somewhere in the ballpark of the other flex’s in the DT store…

:ballot_box_with_check:

Pros and Cons for both

It is currently the industry standard.
Personally I wish there was something easier to use with a nice GUI.
But it is usable, it has a nice form factor, it has add-ons AND the more you use it and get familiar with it, the more you tolerate the short-commings.
Short Answer. depends on what you want to use it for, If you have the money, Then Yes.
If the PM easy does what you want (RDV4 has DT LF antenna, tuned for our xSeries implants, which works very well, but the EASY does work)
The Easy means you will have at least $240 to spend on more implants… and again another guess this should? cover your FlexM1…

3 Likes

Looking forward to a day with a flex bundle. FlexM1 & FlexApex packed with the needle.

3 Likes

On windows there is a GUI available, calling it nice is pushing things a tad.

3 Likes

Yeah exactly, kind of just phoning :phone: it in really

2 Likes

Do you think there would be much demand for a GUI? Maybe not to cover all functionality but the common things that trip up newbies? Might be a fun project to look at once I get through my backlog.

3 Likes

I ordered a suture kit so I could learn how to this kind of install, and wow are you talented. I’m sure it gets easier the more you practice, but obviously you’ve had a lot of practice. So bravo :clap: that’s a good looking stitch to have done with two hands, let alone one.

1 Like

Just a simple PSA… be careful with sutures… it’s easy to get it wrong and cause more problems… using the wrong suture material (internal vs dermal) has been an issue even with body modders, and basically introducing more chance of infection from the suturing process itself… all concerns with sutures.

These are just a few of the reasons we design products with the aim to rid scalpels and sutures from all installation procedures.

8 Likes

You make a valid point. I think if anything a simple butterfly bandage would suffice, if even needed.

1 Like

I agree… as long as you can achieve complete hemostasis (stop all bleeding), then a quality butterfly (not a cheap shit one with bad adhesive) will suffice for more biohack installs. I also tend to further stabilize with film patch overtop… tegaderm makes some decent ones.

Any updates on flexM1?
I’m anxiously waiting on sending more :money_with_wings: to DT

2 Likes

yep… working on lining up production now. We have all the stuff we need now (finally!) and I just need to clear out my queue and get starting on a batch. Probably have some stuff up on the store next week!

7 Likes

I hadn’t thought about this much when I ordered my xM1, most hotels use battery powered readers. As hotel keys are my main use case for the xM1. Now this is an option maybe I should just skip the xM1 and get a flex instead.

Or I could just use both, but if I have a use case for 2 may as well get 2 flex.

On that note, is there anything that would technically stop the apex acting as a mifare classic 1k?

1 Like

So exciting!

Did you come to a final verdict on if you’ll sell the needles or if they’re going to be a partner only item?

And if partner only, any info on which partners got them? Needle seems like it would definitely be the more comfortable way to get an install since stitches kind of suck.

3 Likes

sorta… it has the emulation capability to act as a mifare classic 1k, 4k, plus 1k, plus 4k, desfire ev1 1k, 4k, 8… however… the utility of this is crap because you cannot control the UID… it uses a hard set prefix and dynamic suffix based on the host chip ID and some transform algo. In short, you can’t clone UIDs to the emulated iso14443a card type.

The other thing to point out about the flexM1s is that they will come in two flavors… gen1a and gen2… gen2 is very interesting because you can write an entire clone file to the gen2 card including all of sector 0 with your phone and the MCT app… so if you get some clone and key files together and store them on your phone you can easily switch up what is written to your flexM1 gen2 on an as-needed basis. Perhaps we could explore the source code for MCT and create an interlink with a common shared repo of clone files… like I have the keys and clone files for the Chuck E Cheese play pass card… the keys are the same for every single card… so while the clone file would not be something I would want to share, the key file would be… neat huh?

5 Likes

I need to go look into the pros and cons of the genA1 vs gen2 then I guess :smiley: and maybe get both.

2 Likes