Meet-up/Biohacking Convention Idea

I’ll figure it out if its in the continental US

1 Like

Where are we thinking?

Washington would be home turf for the boss and ring master, but central US could attract more people?

Also do we want it to be somewhere interesting?
In theory some random Missouri meet up might be very central… but a middle of nowhere town

So maybe somewhere with at least tech stuffs? Maybe a microcenter or electronics if we are tinkering?

Maybe a pre scouted or invited installer? Because ofc people will want to get installs

3 Likes

Kansas City Missouri ain’t too bad XD
It’s a big Cerner town with a lot of recently unemployed Cerner IT peeps lol

1 Like

We’re overthinking it. Better is the enemy of good. No matter where we go, it’s not gonna work for somebody. If Amal’s gonna put it on, then someplace that works for him. Seattle, I guess.

We’re far better off to just get something going.

1 Like

Or…we could do Missouri. :stuck_out_tongue:
I’ll try to attend wherever it is though, I’ll start saving for it!

1 Like

I run a lot of events in lots of major cities. I can tell you from experience bigger cities can be more fun (depends) but have its own drawbacks. Depending on the attendee base i think seattle may be good esp for the organizer. if you start branching out to more central locations like chicago you run into other issues, competing orgs for space and housing. Note, September-November is the events industry’s busiest time of year (we are looking at 30 events per month nationwide) so there are going to be quite a bit of issues navigating different blocks at hotels.

1 Like

Can I bring a tent and crash in your back yard Amal?
Good point about rooms. I wonder if there’s a good 10 bedroom mansion somewhere that we could rent for the meet up and crowdfund it. Some people take rooms, some people take couches?

I was wondering if an airbnb could be a thing

$3,000 divided by 12 people is $250 per person from Nov 24-27.
https://air.tl/SbuTD01m

Airbnb definitely is a possibility, I’ve found it cheaper compared to hotels, even the older Motel 6 locations, when I was traveling with a group.

8bedrooms woof lol :joy:
No wonder they rent it as a airbnb I wouldn’t want to deal with that either lol

Just thinking back to previous events and stuff that’s happened

It would probably be smart to have anyone who’s splitting up an air bnb like this to pay up front…

Then if they flake or can’t make it, the cost doesn’t fall onto the organizer or split onto the other attendees

It’s a quick way for things to get sour real quick

1 Like

Definitely pay up front and show the reservation to make sure everyone is good and has a place to stay before we all go out there.

Murder?

2 Likes

Worse, unions

4 Likes

I’m definitely thinking about the potential of putting on a kind of sleeping bag sleepover for the first go. No cost other than getting here. Implant fun and local cuisine :slight_smile:

3 Likes

We can set up a few tents in my back yard. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

I’m checking with a local church that’s got a huge amount of building space… like a good old fashioned lock-in :slight_smile:

3 Likes

How big is your backyard

1 Like

Not that big, I was mostly kidding. :sweat_smile: (Although if we all fit, I wouldn’t be opposed.) According to Google maps, it’s approximately 2,275 sqft.

I am also more centrally located. (Topeka, KS)

3 Likes

Wont we all catch fire spontaneously due to the marks of the beast?

7 Likes

I’m in a suburb 15 min south of Detroit. I have access to a meeting space that I can reserve. It’s two blocks from a tattoo shop that’s biohacker friendly. Airbnb in this area is crazy cheap but I may have a rental of mine that’s opening up and if it does during the timeframe I’d have free housing. Note that if the rental does open there will be no bed or furniture just basic appliances

6 Likes