Missing Implant

OK, so I have a NExT located in the traditional position of between thumb and pointer in the webbing. I decided I wanted another NExT on the top portion of my hand between pointer and middle finger.
my wife performed the procedure, she is a vet tech and pretty experienced at implant procedures (on animals).
There was very minimal bleeding and pain was minimal(slight soreness)
The implant read fine for the first couple of days then stopped responding to any reader(pm3 easy, wedge, phone). I figured it was due to some swelling in the area, but as it went down I still could not get a read.
I decided to go to the Dr today and get an x-ray of my hand and the new implant is not in my hand!
Of course I start reading the forum and come across the lung implant post lol. That’s got me a little paranoid now.
The was no bruising at the site and I wore a tagaderm bandage for the first 24-36 hours.

Any ideas?
Thanks all!

1 Like

I hope you’ll find a small bloody chip next to your bed…

2 Likes

I was hoping so too. Been looking around for the past few hours and not finding anything.

1 Like

Got a really bright torch? Shine it through the webbing of your had hopefully you’ll see a shadow.

2 Likes

I mean without much blood, how would it enter your bloodstream and travel around in you?

I’d scan my complete body with a long range LF reader. I’d probably try every cm² on my body for minutes.

Depending on my paranoia I’d seek medical help.

@Devilclarke’s undeleted flashlight idea is also not bad…

1 Like

Got a pic of the site at all?

If you are 100%sure that it didn’t fall out of your hand, I personally would go in to the doctor for a chest xray.

Feel like posting the x-ray image? Sometimes bone can obscure it or make it difficult to see unless you know what you’re looking for.

2 Likes

Yeah, no problem.
I am picking it up from the radiologist this afternoon. I just did some shoulder surfing of the tech after she took the x-ray.
Here is a picture of the site as of this very moment.

1 Like

Update: spoke with my doc and they had me come in for a chest x-ray. Nothing of note.
I picked up the hand images, but they came on a disk so I had to order a USB drive from Amazon.
I should be able to upload images tomorrow sometime.
Thanks to everyone that had replied trying to help me out, I’ll be sure to follow up on this post and not leave y’all hanging.
Thanks!

1 Like

6 Likes

Here are the two shots they took.

1 Like

Well shoot.

@greydoc

Any ideas?

1 Like

and for reference, this is what the site looks like today.

May just be a mystery. I’ll continue to keep an eye out for it around the house. Just one of those WTF things lol.
New one ordered and on the way, gonna try to splint this one after install.
Still open to suggestions, but I of course know that without scanning and imaging it’s all guess work.

Your sure it was reading after install?

My knee jerk is maybe it hung in the injector

Other thought is maybe it popped out of flesh, but was stuck under the bandage, was able to scan… and then when you changed bandage it fell/became lost?

Maybe post chest X-ray?

3 Likes

I have to wait 36 hours for the chest images to be available. Once I get them from the VA, I’ll be more than happy to upload them.
I read the radiologist report and there was nothing of note/all looked well.
I’m 100% positive it came out of the injector as I was able to write & read data from it multiple times for the first 24ish hours.
The bandage is kind of what I’m thinking. Of course trash day has come and gone so dumpster diving is out of the question :upside_down_face:

That’s some horse shit.

They tested my blood for cancer markers 3 days ago. No results yet.

I dislike the VA

I do as well man, hope everything comes back ok for you!

1 Like

I agree with @Eriequiet, it’s very unlikely that the chip migrated somewhere else.

How did you remove the bandage? Did you yank it off, or did you go slow?

1 Like

I honestly couldn’t tell you, which means probably ripped off quickly and thrown in the trash lol.