Modified - a thread for everything bodmod-related

Hey Pilgrim!

Yeah, I’m a bit lazy in taking pictures, currently :wink:
My arm has healed well… to be honest, a bit too well, I think :smile:

Arnulf will definitely do some work on it again, some parts didn’t scar as much as they should… especially the part on the wrist, and that’s quite a surprise for me because it’s the spot with most movement and it bled quite a lot when he did it (so I guess cutting much deeper could be problematic). Well… we thought about getting it reworked in May, but my working schedule is a bit tricky, so I’m not sure if it all works out.

Not visible on the picture is how three-dimensional the scars already are - and funny enough, this varies from day to day. And of course they do not fade consistently, colour-wise :smile:
I’m not sure which part of my body to get done next (I guess I leave that decision to my artist^^), but it’s really interesting to see how differently scars develop on different parts of the body. Always learning more about myself :wink:

And now, what’s about all the other fun people here? @JPlowman , how’s your scarification going? @Backpackingvet , any news about your toenails? @SnarkBe , already got your second tattoo or more plans about a silicon implant?

I’m all ears :wink:

5 Likes

IIRC, movement should encourage tissue remodeling so it sounds normal to me.

Indeed - but I thought it would encourage hypertrophy as well, because, well, more tissue :wink:
But I’m totally okay with getting it reworked a bit, the procedure itself is fun… if there wasn’t that annoying aftercare…^^

Nope. Got since a temperature implant in the torso :male_detective: . And I’ll receive in the coming days a Walletmor, to be implanted at the same time as the xG3 I received 2 weeks ago.

I also play with a FreeStyle Libre CGM sensor for the moment. I’m not diabetic, it’s just to see how my body reacts to food, exercice, sleep, … but that could be a separate thread as it’s not bodmod :slight_smile: .

Maybe there will be a small tattoo on the forearm at the same time as the 2 implants, the Biohack.me sigil:

But not the big circuit-y one I envision for the left shoulder/arm/top torso. I still need a bit of thoughts for that one. Thanks for asking! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

That sounds like an interesting write up, I am looking forward to it

1 Like

I was wondering if I can drop UV tattoo ink in my eyes to make them UV reactive.

Some people adviced me against it and told me I can buy UV reactive contact lenses. Here they are:

5 Likes

I’ve seen the eye tattoos and thought it would be cool to have the “invisible” UV ink used for an eye tattoo. Haven’t looked much into eye tats in years, but following this topic closely lol

1 Like

I like that idea more than I should :smile:

Okay, let’s take a look at two facts - 1) tattooing your eyeballs can already leave you blind, even if you go to the best available people who do it, just because, well, it’s freakin dangerous. Might be worth it, I don’t know, but risking to lose my eyesight is too much for me personally. And 2) all tattoo artists I asked about UV-ink told me that this stuff wasn’t exactly “safe”, at least not by German standards (that is, a 500% safety margin or such :wink: ). So I think tattooing your eyeballs is dangerous, and doing so with UV-ink might be reckless.
Still… damn, this would look sooo cool! :star_struck:

Though I like your UV-lenses as well - guess that’s a good compromise :wink: Are they available as sclera lenses yet, so they cover the whole eye?

3 Likes

I found some but the colors are limited and they are expensive.

i would still love to get my eyeballs tattooed with UV ink!

2 Likes

Oh hell why did I click that link…
That’s quite an insane amount of lenses (and I’m a bit sad that I can’t stand the idea of putting something into my eye - but my husband might be interested, he wears black scleras from time to time) and, even worse, quite cool wigs! Thanks :wink:

Did you ever talk to some tattoo artist about the eyeball-idea? I know you’re Germany-based as well, so I’m quite curious about their reactions…^^

New tattoo after way too long :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:
This is the Toad of Ethics

6 Likes

I’ve been looking at these for a while:

I think that these are probably the best way to create a “machinery under the skin” look, maybe with some matching tattoos. I would like to hear some ideas to get more inspiration about this.

2 Likes

Would the appearance without functionality be worth it for you? That’s always been the disconnect between the bodymod scene and grinders for me. I won’t do it just for the aesthetic

2 Likes

Do you have any tattoos? Same thing?

1 Like

Not really. But I’ve been toying with the idea nonetheless as the augmentations that I want are bound to take a while to develop.

I don’t.

I do, but I don’t feel it’s a fair comparison. Tattoos are just adding pigment to your skin. They’re art for art’s sake, and everybody knows that going in. They were never meant to do anything. Enginerd specifically wanted to create a “machinery under the skin” look, which for me seems like a facade. The intention is to emulate their desire to be a cyborg/robot until they can actually do that. If that’s the endgoal then Silicone seems performative and hollow.

Side note, all of my current tattoos and the ones I want to get are plain text or reference information. Boring, I know, but you see the utilitarian angle I’m coming at this from. More a personal preference that doesn’t impact the discussion.

1 Like

Thought about them myself, too… but I’m really unsure about where to put them :wink:
But what I can tell is that the quality is really good, it’s the same guy my power button is from. Really comfortable to wear once it’s all healed up, no edges or annoying spots, sturdy enough to be quite visible but soft enough not to make problems when you put pressure on them.
Where do you plan to place them?

Hmmm… yes and no, I’d say. Of course, it is no machinery underneath the skin, it doesn’t do anything “cyborg”, it just looks that way. Same thing why a maori tattoo doesn’t make you a warrior - both is “just” art.
But maybe (@enginerd , I’m really curious to know your opinion about that), it is just a tool to “feel right”. Like, I totally love bioluminescence, yet as a human being, I can’t achieve it. So glowing implants are a tool for me to achieve something similar - it’s definitely no true bioluminescence, but at least I glow :wink: So achieving a cyborg-y look might still be something that feels like enhancing your body, even if it doesn’t actually “do” anything.

2 Likes

Exactly, I’d love to replace by entire body but maybe getting some aesthetic components would help me feel better in my own skin. I must admit that VR made me appreciate the aesthetic components a lot more than I used to.

2 Likes

I always think about those wonderful lines…

You can be anything you want to be
Just turn yourself into anything
You think that you could ever be

(Queen - Innuendo)

Beautiful song, and those lines have travelled with me on my bodmod-journey :wink:
(Along with “My soul is painted like the wings of butterflies” from the very same band…)

2 Likes

What about the pain? I did my blackout partly cause I wanted to torture myself for a short while.

4 Likes