Modified - a thread for everything bodmod-related

Don’t think so for me, they actually have leaked puss a few times :sweat_smile:

I was able to squeeze puss out of the first one

Other ear however could not give any less fucks about me squeezing it, I even poked it with a sterile needle to see if it would drain that way and nothing

I got given one of these as a Christmas stocking filler one year, It was Fun for 5 minutes…Refilling it was arse painery…

puss

Sorry for your thread @Coma

ReRail

I shamelessly love popping zits, blackheads, the whole nine

Ah, all fine - it finally feels like a proper DT-thread! :stuck_out_tongue:

12 Likes

Guess I’ll just throw in my next bunch of stuff - tattoos this time, so this one will be quite short :wink:

I wanted a tattoo since I was 15 or so, but I could never really decide on a design. I wanted something that just felt “right”, especially for the first tattoo. The placement had to be perfect, the design itself, the artist…
One day I stumbled across a design on a shirt of one of my favourite bands - it wasn’t a band logo (I would be very careful with tattooing band logos…^^), but just a design from a stylish (though very cheesy) music video, and I instantly felt it was the right design for me. I gave it a meaning, probably a very different one than the band intended, and talked it through with the tattoo artist of my piercing studio - he liked the design and my planned placement in the crook of my arms as well, so… that’s the result:

Yep, it’s basically my profile picture here :wink:
I like the slighty “weathered” look of it, for me, it blends better with my skin and doesn’t sit “on top of it”.
It’s now five years old, and I still totally love it.

My second tattoo is three years old now, same artist (Nico Nomicon), basically a circuit-board-y tree with two big ravens (yep, Hugin and Munin, nordic mythology :wink: ):

Sigh, it’s perfectly straight, I’m just not sitting straight on that picture :grimacing:

Current plan is to cover the whole back, I’m still thinking on how to do it…
I want to have the lower back covered with some underwater-/ cthulhu-stuff, some nice little tentacles waving around, overgrown ruins of R’lyeh and such stuff, but I still have to decide on the middle part, so, how to connect those two themes.

Second thing I still plan on doing is a tattoo on my nape - I have some annoying patch of neurodermitis there, for quite a long time now, and once it’s gone I’m gonna bless my skin with some ink :wink:
The design is already in my head (unfortunately, I suck at drawing…), gonna be some spiral-/circuit-board-y stuff again, consciously inspired by the Altered Carbon “stacks” and subconsciously (found that out a lot later) by my favourite computer game when I was a child.

9 Likes

Reviving this thread.

My stepdaughter is part owner in a tattoo shop, so I will probably have to get a tattoo at some point. Best suggestion so far has been my username and a thistle. I’m also tempted to get a triskele.

Otherwise I am clear of cosmetic modifications ( a bilateral turbinectomy and a septoplasty are the only deliberate modifications)

2 Likes

I bid 20 quatloos on the newcomer!

2 Likes

Nice side-thread idea to the bodmod world!

My left ear is my current project that I started in March. I have to say, the top hole of my industrial is being a little temperamental (much like myself really)!

20210529_090856

Current bodymods:

• xSIID and xLED in L0 - Two days ago!
  • 12g left earlobe (goal 0g) - Started April 2021
  • Conch-to-conch industrial - March 2021
  • Septum - March 2021
  • Tongue - on and off since 2004 (currently in)
  • Bellybutton - 2003
  • Left earlobe - forever

Retired:

• Eyebrow - 2004>2006
  • Helix - 2003

Plans:

• Implants…
  • Nipple
3 Likes

@Coma You have a really nice set of curated ears. I’m in love :cupid:

I have a deviated septum and got mine done back in March. It’s a real gamble as the artist will have to try to compensate for any oddities going on.

My piercer gave no promises to the outcome and said we could just give it a good ol’ go and see how it turns out.

It came out ok, and better than we both expected. We may have clipped/rubbing against a little bit of cartridge, so healing time has been extended a tad.

If it’s crooked on the first go… Document, remove, heal, round two!

2 Likes

+

=

Purple Glowy Thistle Flowers
…if only it was that easy

4 Likes

Industrial piercings can be really bitchy little monsters! Never had one myself (my ears have the wrong shape for the “classical” industrial, and I’m missing space for your kind of it^^), but heard that really often. Hope it will calm down finally :wink:

Thanks a lot - gonna give that compliment over to my piercer, he did the work and most of the planning :smile:

That’s a really great info, thanks! So there is still some hope for me :wink:
My “main” piercer already said he wouldn’t do it, for he usually only does stuff when he knows the result will be perfect - but my bodmod-artist might be a bit more experimental, so he might give it a try. Gonna ask him next time I meet him^^

Family luring you to the dark side… :smile:

1 Like

Yes, but I tend to be the one bringing cookies. :rofl:

2 Likes

Hmmm, I wanted to wait for this post until my next scarification, but my artist is a bit too busy currently, so that might take some more time than planned…
So, third part of my bodmod-stuff - this time, all the unusual stuff that is neither a piercing nor a tattoo :wink:

I am a huge fan of bioluminescence, and I always wanted to “glow”, in a way. Nightglowing tattoo inks are still not really available, so I looked for alternatives and stumbled across a glow-in-the-dark silicone implant - almost exactly what I wanted, but how to get that monster in? I went to my piercing studio and asked them if they would be interested to do it, but, responsible persons as they are, all of them refused… instead, they recommended some guy to me who was just “my kind of crazy”, stating we should “get along really well”. And they claimed he was one of the best in his field, so I gave it a go.

Some weeks later, I had my first appointment with Arnulf in Cologne, and yes, he was exactly my kind of crazy and we got along really well :smile:
He took a lot of time to explain everything to me, the procedure, the tools, we talked about the right placement, and then I had some free weeks before the actual procedure itself - he didn’t know me yet, so he gave me a chance to back away if I would change my mind.

On the 18th of june, last year, I finally got my first glowing implant, and I love it ever since. The procedure itself was intense (because of someone poking around in my wrist), but not painful at all, and the healing went really well (except for my body hating sutures with a passion…).
The result is wonderful, it is nice and visible during day and shines really bright if I’m in a pitch black room.

My second visit at Stigmata was to get the flexNExT implanted - pretty much the same procedure, and it was a really nice thing to have, but unfortunately, after about 4 months, I made some stupid movement or whatever and injured the surrounding pocket enough to have a big inflammated hand. So that baby had to be taken out again, sadly…

But by now, Arnulf and me knew each other pretty well - he knew what I could take, and I knew that I could trust him a lot and that he was a skilled artist.
So I finally decided to get a scarification done. I dreamt of having one since I was a child and saw some BBC documentation about the Sepik river scarification in New Guinea, but I was always sure that I could never ever be “brave” enough to actually get it done…
I talked about my ideas with Arnulf, and he made a wonderful design that was pretty much exactly what I had in mind, unable to draw it myself. I got it done on 10th of october, last year, so it’s now a good eight months old.
The procedure was… well. Wonderful, intense and painful, and with a lot of blood and sweat :wink:
It took about 3 hours or so, and I ended up looking like this:

Aftercare and healing were a bit annoying - I had to wash it with soap (not a pleasant feeling on the first morning!) and apply petroleum jelly afterwards twice a day in the first week, and after that, I had to rub it with lemon + sugar as often as possible for the next few weeks, so it would develop nice scars. After six months, it looked pretty good already - the scars were nice and three-dimensional, and they already started to fade, colour-wise.

And I totally love it! The skin’s sensitivity changed a bit, and it’s an insane feeling to touch the scars - plus, I really like the looks of it!

Plans:

• Scarification on both arms
  • maybe some more silicone implants
12 Likes

Happy 1 year Power Button Anniversary :birthday:
:unicorn_gift:

Cool write up by the way
:vault_boy_thumbs_up:

1 Like

That is awesome! Your artist did great work! I’m interested on getting a scarification piece on my left chest. That’s on the long list of things “to do”.

First step is my Titan install. Then I’ll be contacting an artist I talked with a few months ago.

1 Like

Hey, thanks! I totally forgot it :grimacing: Hope my little glowy 's not sad…

Did you already choose an artist? I think there are some really skilled guys in the US, I’d like to take a look if that’s okay :slight_smile:

Oh hell, yes - forgot that one^^ It’s totally on my list of stuff-to-do as well, I just have to decide on a good placement…

1 Like

I had originally contacted Brian Decker (@/xbrondecourx on Instagram) by email for my Titan install and possibly some scarification at the same time. He said he would be willing to do both. That was back in March. I was estimating a July time frame for my Titan install, but I held off on scheduling anything.

I plan on taking 2 xSIIDs and my Titan to the piercer that installed my first xG3. If my previous installer decides against the Titan, then I’ll try to schedule it with Brian. If I can get the Titan completed first and closer to home that would be optimal.

1 Like

That one’s quite a legend :wink: Saw some of his work online, and it looks really impressive!
And some veteran from the old ScarWars always sounds promising (hell, guess I’m getting old…) :slight_smile:

Agree… that’s why I’m happy my local piercer is fine with installing xSeries-stuff… as much as I love visiting my bodmod-artist, it’s tricky to schedule and takes some time to travel, so getting things done “at home”, more or less, has it advantages :wink:

2 Likes