Modified - a thread for everything bodmod-related

It’s difficult to answer. It’s not completely clear in my head though. :thinking:

For me, it’s more something that is not medically necessary to fix a failing or missing body part. So my tattoos, piercings, hair removal and implants are bodmod, for aesthetic or for, you know, just knowing that you have something different from the other people.

Bodybuilding, which I’m doing too, is not something I consider a bodmod, but just keeping my meat bag in good shape. Still with the goal to improve the way I look myself. I have a lot of issues with my self-image so I’m trying to improve it the best I possibly can. But you can’t beat aging unfortunately :confused: . My next steps would be some slight plastic surgery but cost is an issue.

2 Likes

I’d like to add things that add functionality like RFID implants and magnets. But this definition is broad enough to include people who would never set foot inside of a tattoo parlor.

I would also exclude things that might not necessarily be required for medical reasons but that help reduce the impact of things that require medical attention. For example the use of plastic surgery after an accident even if it isn’t needed to keep someone alive.

I agree, however I’m not as familiar with the bodymod subculture. Maybe I should take a deeper dive into this. Besides, there’s a small gap between those of us who mostly want to implant technology and the traditional bodymod subculture.

However, humans are more complicated than that so you should probably expect to encounter a few heavily modified high society freaks that hang out at country club saunas…

Absolutely! I’m not 100% happy with my current definition, because I know it’s either to broad or to narrow :wink:
And it might be something that can’t be clearly defined in the end - still, it’s interesting to see what kind of ideas people have about it :slight_smile:

I think for lots of people this is the main reason to do sports, and I don’t think that’s already bodymodification neccessarily. I was thinking about those massively pumped up people, where the sole reason for doing it is to push it to new extremes. I’m definitely not judging here! But I think that’s different from people who just want to stay healthy.
On the other hand, one could argue if the difference is similar to getting the typical lobe piercing (especially as a girl) vs. getting all possible spots of your body pierced :thinking:

I’m vain enough to think about that, too, but currently my care routine does it’s job :wink:

I’d happily show you some websites to start with, but there is little left… if you just wanna see almost everything that might be possible (including tons of not very good ideas^^), bmezine.com is still a good spot, or maybe the Instagram profiles of some great artists…

Absolutely! And I wanna make clear that I don’t want to exclude anyone really… I’m happy people can do to their bodies what feels good and right for them, be it a complete transformation (I really like stuff like the Lizardman and such) or just a single little tattoo. And heavily modded people are no less complex than anyone else, some of them sporting seemingly unexpected hobbies… :wink: (like my artist being a total watch nerd - he almost became a watchmaker himself…)

1 Like

I have 2 PDF books about body modification, one is “Modcon - The secret world of extreme body modification” and the other “Meet Tommy - An exploration of Private Body Modification and Play” … damn there are some really extreme stuff! :flushed: .

“Meet Tommy” is a play on words for “meatomy” … I let you Google this one if you’re not familiar with the word (NSFW :sweat_smile:)

1 Like

Oh yeah, I forgot about “normal” media :smile:

Another interesting book is “Opening up” - it’s a collection of interviews by Shannon Larratt, pretty interesting. And a great documentary from times long ago (cough^^) is Modify - lots of interviews, insight to lots of methods, all those fun people from the 80s / 90s.

3 Likes

Just had some ear reconstruction work done! Really happy with how it came out.

Before:

After:

4 Likes

1 Like

I’m a bit of watch nerd myself. Hence why I don’t plan to implant anything in my left wrist. And I have a vintage Omega that’s making wonder if I should get a few magnets or not. Older hairsprings can get magnetized easily but I don’t want to go too deep into mechanical watches right now. Even if derailing threads is a cyborg tradition.

*sad robot noises :unicorn_crying:

I’ll take a look at the books and documentary that you and @SnarkBe mentioned.

2 Likes

Would an implantable watch be too far out there? Wireless charging would be a pain.

2 Likes

Body powered watches have existed for a very long time, in fact the technology for this is older than a century but it wasn’t very effective in pocket watches. The problems here are making the time visible through the skin and encapsulating everything.

2 Likes

This looks really good, and the sutures are incredible! Did you get it done by a bodymod artist or by a surgeon?

1 Like

Thank you!! :blush: I’ll post an updated pic once the sutures are removed, I already feel SO much better about myself having done this. I got double nostrils yesterday too and I feel…sexy? Body mods fucking rule when it comes to self-confidence and self-efficacy.

Bodymod artist - JR Switz at Mean Street Tattoo in Bensalem, PA - he is my go-to for everything, really great guy.

2 Likes

Haha, yes - I feel you! No matter if anyone else on this planet would say one of my mods is sexy or not, I personally definitely feel that way!
Oh, and double nostrils are a very beautiful mod anyways :wink:

I had a look at his insta profile, and he does quite interesting things :wink: General piercing placement looks really great, and like I said, the sutures on your ear are amazing!
Actually nice to see that such people can still exist in the US…

3 Likes

Thank you @Coma!! You’ve inspired me to post a pic…

They look a little lopsided in the photo, but in real life are even/aligned. I really love the onyx inlaid into titanium - thinking of getting a matching bar for my lip and a second lip piercing to make it symmetrical. My partner digs them too which is always nice.

2 Likes

Now you need to update your Avatar with your body mods :wink:

Even the same hoodie, I’m impressed

3 Likes

Hah, you right! Done. :grin:

20048676-99666756170_3-s5-v1

3 Likes

That’s the main reason why I started this thread - I just love to see modded people :wink: :smile:

Those nostrils look really good, and I know how hard it is to make everything look symmetrical when taking photos…
If you’re into symmetry, a second lip piercing would surely make sense (though I must say, it looks totally fine the way it is!), though labrets are obviously a bit more discreet compared to a ring. Had to learn it the hard way - my boss finally accepts my snakebites, but only if I wear labrets instead of rings :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

Thank you!! :grin:

Oh hell yeah haha. I was talking to my partner about this yesterday and I think I want to get a second labret, and then have both of those match the jewelry in my nostrils.

Trigger warning: discussion of sexual organ modifications.

have a few (online) friends, all women for what that’s worth, with split tongues and they all love it. Hurts like hell, for sure, and really fun when healed. They both are particularly proud of how the mod has improved their bedroom skills and I’ll leave it at that. No, I don’t have first hand experience, you perv.

I have done some reading and research on scrotal expansion. Can be done via slowly injecting saline into the scrotom. The body absorbs it over time, so eventually he will return to his original size. This can also be done for temporary breast expansion.

Scrotal expansion can also be done can also with injecting silicone which is permanent and completely not the intended use for medical silicone.

Saline? Maybe someday. Silicone: no way.

This can be done with weights, too… I think Fakir Musafar researched a lot on that. This whole saline-injection-thing, be it for breasts or balls, also has some permanent effect when done too often - the skin stretches, so it becomes kinda saggy. Especially for breasts that’s often not desired :wink:

That’s a problem in itself - silicone implants are pretty much fine, because they have a more or less defined shape, but injecting silicone can lead to really unexpected results… and most of them don’t look good. Not even talking about the health risks.

So if you want permanently bigger balls, either wear weights regularly (should be the safest method, but takes some time) or do saline injections several times… though of course, saline injections can be risky as well, depending on the expertise of whoever does this.