Modified - a thread for everything bodmod-related

As someone who designs circuit boards I always cringe at circuit tattoos because they look absolutely nothing like a real circuit (no fault of the tattooer or tattooee, they just aren’t familiar). This one is actually really good though. It looks nice and it pretty much makes sense.

5 Likes

Can relate… And the same applies to a significant amount of artwork. I’ve toyed with the idea of getting one of my designs tattooed but I don’t think I’m ever going to do this.

1 Like

I’ve always thought it would be cool to get the 555 schematic tattooed :sweat_smile:

Or examples of logic gates

3 Likes

Don’t tempt me… Or a die picture of a 555.

1 Like

I love 555 timers. They’re so versatile and reliable. I’m actually working on a project right now that adds a pair of them into my coffee pot. The idea is to make the cheap coffee pot a little better by having a 555 run in monostable mode which keeps the coffee pot “on” for a set amount of time then turns off. The other is in astable mode and just turns the pot on and off with a specified duty cycle for a “keep warm” function. The coffee pot by default does this but not well. If the coffee is left too long like say a half hour after brewing it starts to get a burnt taste to it.

oh and I have another one inside my UPS that runs a PWM fan at 50% unless the UPS says the fan needs to be on then it goes to 100%.

3 Likes

Getting a palm mandala tattoo soon. I just realized today how sensitive my palms are. It will be fun.

Two pics for reference.

It will match what is on my arm.

5 Likes

And in a year it’ll be gone just like magic! I’ve had a few hand tattoos and the underside of the hand fades so fast.

1 Like

Eh, they also said that about my inner lip tattoo.

Been 12 years and looks like it was yesterday

1 Like

Looks really beautiful, and I like the idea - planned to get one as well some time ago (I mean, two - I obviously have two hands^^).
I talked about that with my artist (who has palm tattoos), and he said yep, they’re quite painful compared to other stuff, and problem is, they like to fade. His are relatively new (I think less than a year), and they already look a bit “washed out” and start to be a bit blue-ish.
But this depends on skin type and tons of other things, so you might be lucky. I’d personally be a bit careful with too many fine details, because they might blur into a blue-ish mess at the worst, but that’s just my opinion - if you like the design and are willing to take the risk, go for it! The idea itself is really cool :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I will show a final pic, but we plan to be bold with it, and fewer fine details

2 Likes

Also, how are your scars?

1 Like

Thought I wanted a blackout sleeve, healing process of my first deeply shaded tattoo makes me think otherwise. The itch is crazy :sweat_smile: (not anymore but just had to comment)

1 Like

That’s a good idea, and it might work a lot better :slight_smile:
My scars are fine - those on my chest slowly become brighter (like, reeeeeally slowly), and those on my arm were reworked this weekend. Just a few little spots that were fading out, plus the part at the wrist. Was a job of ten minutes or so :wink:
I’ll post some updated pictures once those are healed up a bit. I’m curious myself about how they will develop - by now I know my body doesn’t like to scar evenly, but I’m fine with that.

Haha, I can imagine! The itching is the worst part of a tattoo for me… soooo annoying!
Never thought about how terrible this must be with a blackout tattoo… damn!

2 Likes

I say go for it. It was only bas along the solid lines

1 Like

I’m definitely considering it. I think the main reason i found it so bad on the calf there was because there are already so many bugs attacking my legs (living in the deep south when it’s hot is rough), that combined with the itch it drove me nuts. Arm is much more manageable, easier to look and see if bug, tap to releave itch etc. etc.

Imma try that.

1 Like

Doesn’t fully relieve it but definitely helps

1 Like

Tapping works fine, as well as heat or cold - like, warm (not really hot!) or cold water, icecubes… plus a good aftercare is a good thing as well. Aloe vera gel is nice, especially if combined with a good vegetable oil (coconut being one of my favourites for this use case) and maybe 1-2 drops of lavender or immortelle oil. Obviously not on the first 1-2 days, but after the initial wounds have closed, it’s something I really like to dab on.

2 Likes

Starting to toy with a new tattoo idea

Some kind of representation or acceptance of my ADHD which is both central to my personality and sparks of greatness and my living hell

Thinking a a brain with a mash up of various line art styles

One hemisphere messy colorful squiggles like this on the right

One hemisphere something more rigid and “functional” like this pcb brain

14 Likes

That’s an awesome idea. Especially the PCB part :wink:

4 Likes