More lab ideas I'm workin through

If it works, let me know - I’m always interested in glowing things :wink:

If it ever comes to fruition - which I doubt, but who knows… you’ll look like a friggin’ jack-o’-lantern.

happy

I meant if someone put the resin in a Next or xSIID type implant

yeah it’s been asked but basically the issue is that the factory doesn’t want to risk unknown materials gumming up their shit… we laser seal our glass and that carries the possibility of vaporizing stuff and getting it everywhere inside the machine, so we work with known materials only. also only certain colors of LED can charge such glow resin anyway… mainly what we call deep blue… so it would only really go into one or maybe two colors (blue and maybe white) which adds another “gate” in the factory workflow… so while technically possible there are hurdles and i basically have to push this idea off a bit while i have so much other stuff on my plate.

2 Likes

@amal well if there are important news this idea can wait, but now I’m curious to know the news, in the meantime I am thinking of buying another system (Next) to add to my xSIID :grin:

Care to share the design idea? I get it if you don’t.

Ah, no big thing… the idea I had was to put three stars in decreasing size on my lower arm, leading from my power button upwards. Just so my little button doesn’t feel so lonely :wink: But since they were too flat, Arnulf decided to ask Steve to make bigger / thicker ones, maybe even connected, so they would stay in place more easily.
If this works out (and I’m not sure if it will, for custom might take… well, ages), we might come up with new ideas :smile: We’ve got some long-term relationship going on :smiley:
(no, not in that way!)

1 Like

If he does make them for you, and you and him are fine with it, I would take a star.

I’ll keep that on my mind :wink:
But… I’ve heard about custom stuff that literally takes years to come to life… so, I think I just wait and see, and if there ever happen to be glowing stars for my arm (and yours as well, then), I’m happy :smiley:

2 Likes

I saw back in august a chip that Amall was working on that was coated in biocompatible resin with glow powder and lights but havent heard anything about it for a while. does anyone happen to know if that is still being considered as a new product or if the idea has been scrapped?

Thanks, Nate

Yeah he mentioned it somewhere.
He made progress, but he thought it was going faster.
IIRC it’s not as easy as thought from lab to shop with this glow stuff.
Also, he’s busy with titans, apex’ and whatnot, don’t think this year will have glowing flexes.
Maybe you could get a custom prototype tho’.

1 Like

Is this the post you were referring to?

yeah.

1 Like