My lung implant :)

Haha, I donā€™t know what youā€™re on about but Iā€™m enjoying it nonetheless. I guess have a nice life dude.

5 Likes

What was your accomplishment? Attention? I hope everything works out for you. Donā€™t let unexperienced people implant you, if you want to help things like this from happening in the future to someone else, more information would be helpful. Possibly why some are asking if you can read the chip where itā€™s located. Most people here with the income to purchase implants have phones to read them. They also make videos of themselves reading them. Wouldnā€™t be that out of the normal people asking you to read it etc. It is very subjective, but personally if my Spark 2 moved to my chest. I would want it out and/or read it. Sorry some people are rude, but if some are just being direct donā€™t take it as being rude. Your behavior is coming of as disrespectful. imo <3

3 Likes

Wow. So. This was a thing that happened. What an odd ride.

5 Likes

breathe

5 Likes

I see your

breathe
and raise you a

tenor (75)

5 Likes

now that thread is back into being interesting! :laughing:

1 Like

Capt. Remember your pressure points.

Now I was at a family barbecueā€¦

1 Like

Yeah no kidding. This thread had the potential to become a really interesting event to discuss level-headedly and draw useful lessons from, but instead went south and turned sour in a hurry. Too badā€¦

Was that pun intentional? Lol, also username checks out

Hey @Backpackingvet, as far as I know your one of the medical peeps on the forum

Even if the discussion with OP has gone pear shaped I still have medical curiosity over the concept regardless

I can accept the concept of an implant making it thru the heart

But supposedly itā€™s a asymptotic embolismā€¦

I can believe a small clot not causing an issue but taking out - few alveoli,

But wouldnā€™t a 2mm ā€œclotā€ or obstruction cut of circulation to a fairly large chunk of ones lung? I would expect that would cause decent amount of cell death at the least?

2 Likes

It was an interesting discussion, a pity the tone shifted.

I hope the OP stays in contact with Amal
I also hope the OP stays safe and healthy

3 Likes

I have been looking into it at work recently because I have been curious. I also figure, if that size implant can make it down there, no reason a cath lab shouldnā€™t be able to fish it out in a similar route. They can steer the wires inside you, and once by something, they have a direct route.

I mean, I personally can not imagine why you would want to leave that in the lung, I also am not a doctor and have no idea what is involved for sure.

I have seen a fountain of blood shoot up 4 feet in the air when a new heart surgeon was putting a patient on bypass.

I have seen a heart cut out of a person. And a new one put in. I have seen wonderful, awe inspiring things at work. I see no reason why that could not be taken out with ease.

Iā€™m done with this thread by the way. @ me in the lounge, but the mood in here is bad news for me.

source (4)

4 Likes
4 Likes

Was thinking the same thing as a read that @anon3825968

1 Like

Well I kinda always suspected Backpackingvet was a Nexus-6 :slight_smile:

2 Likes

same

1 Like

Thatā€™s fair, I was just going to continue the thread regardless of OP, trying to salvage the topic, but maybe itā€™s best we just make a new thread on the subject

Potentially the body would be able to redirect other tiny vessels into those cells pretty fast.

Iā€™ve read other similar events where they usedā€¦ (I will fail terribly at translating it): ā€œendovenous cateter somethingā€ technique to remove it. basically what you were expecting.

Because then the tale becomes less impressive? :wink: :sweat_smile: :rofl: :innocent:

Think I agree with you as well!

Well, according to the case report in Mariarangokā€™s post of the known 9 cases of implant embolism mentioned that only 6 of the 9 had them removed. There were also multiple techniques used: the endovenous catheter one, or a mini thoractomy.
Boy am I glad I muted this thread. True to his name indeed

And away we go!

Seems like you arenā€™t the only one with a lung implant, although documented cases are so rare that it seems like a non issue A Woman's Birth Control Implant Moved From Her Arm to Her Left Lung