My story about the UniFI Access Door

I’m sure it would, I just don’t want to delete my otp to test it. But it doesn’t need anything like a ndef to work right

1 Like

No the reader is looking for the iso14443a select ID (uid) … but … even though all iso14443a transponders conform to that standard, firmware for readers is often garbage and uses some other stupid method to get the UID using an application layer above iso14443a … this is why locks that say they work with iso14443a tags don’t actually work with all iso14443a tags just some.

So it’s now 4 1/2 months (since the flex install), and it is getting used multiple times each day with the NAK and Unifi. I started and finished the door access installation this weekend. It works really well. Damn, mag lock was harder than all the other stuff put together. (tweaking the mounting) To understand that, you must realize I live in a 1950’s era house. Shit ain’t built level or plumb and causes heartache from time to time, but I love it and wouldn’t trade it. So I just have to live with it as is.

The lite reader works a treat. I ended up installing the Pro about 48/50-ish inches (guessing) and the lite a little lower. This gives me swipe access and the teens a six-digit PIN code for access and retains the camera functionality. Another lite with wave to exit on the inside rounds out the project.

The only slight user-type issue I see is I hold groceries bags in my right hand (flex install), and that doesn’t quite work for easily gaining access. My first thought was, shit, I need another. So there might be another flex in the future, for my other hand. :wink:

My 13 yo said can I get one? (flex) I said, uh, no! I pulled a dad’s answer and said when you’re 18! lol.

3 Likes

My house was built in 1908 I think and is completely brick on the outside where my door is. The mag lock was a pain in the butt but so worth it. My girlfriend, and I use ours daily with only a light reader and it’s great! I’ve told anyone who wants access they have to get an implant :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes