My xLED chest implant

Hey folks! Working on something cool and could use some help. I’ve implanted am xLED onto my chest with a transdermal anchor point above it. I am trying to make an externally mounted 13.56 MHz coil and battery or LC resonance circuit that sits on the anchor and lights up the led. What is the best way to make a custom coil of the right frequency? Custom PBC ? Can I make this by hand ?

It’s pretty swollen due to transdermal so I haven’t been able to test anything. I tried with an induction coil that works with custom coils I’ve made and it didn’t seem to work with xLED . Wondering if anyone has thoughts ?

6 Likes

I have thoughts. You’re going to want to make a short cylindrical coil shaped like the one inside the implants (similar to the custom one made by Tom Harkness for the proxmark), and you’re going to need to orient the long axis of that coil in parallel with the long axis of the implant to get good coupling from that distance.

If you want to make this circuit battery powered, you’re going to need to convert the DC from the battery to an AC waveform oscillating at the resonant frequency of the LC tank circuit in the xLED (13.56MHz). I recommend you check out a circuit like the Hartley Oscillator to perform that conversion. If you can get that circuit working on a breadboard with the xLED (or a circuit that simulates the xLED) then you could go about miniaturizing it for a custom PCB.

I train people how to build circuits and design PCBs, so if you decide to go that route ping me and I’ll send some resources your way.

2 Likes

2 Likes

Bam

Killin’ it

1 Like

Watching this thread closely. Transdermals scare the piss outta me but this would be worth it.

this is cool.
i’m planning to do something similar for my xLED: werable board to power the implant and modulate the blink based on live data.

Also: transdermals are moody beasts. Be gentle with it, as they get angry very fast for little to no reason :slight_smile:

(Small keloid scar from something stupid I did 15 years ago, pay no mind!)

It’s doing pretty well day 5. Bruising but actually feels pretty good generally. No pain. No bleeding .

5 Likes

@Satur9 assuming the coil will be laying on the skin overtop with the xLED under and, I presume, in the center, how do you think a torrid coil would work for this?

2019-10-05_18-16-24-firefox

3 Likes

@amal

I do not think a toroidal inductor would be ideal for this type of situation. The magnetic flux lines are most densely packed in the center of the hole running parallel with the axis of symmetry:

If it were resting on top of the xLED, the brunt of the field would be running perpendicular to the coil in the xLED and no power would be able to transfer. A toroid would make a cool necklace, though.

1 Like