My xM1 "magic" stopped working

Does the firmware on your Proxmark3 match the client you are using?

If you do hw version on your PM3, is there anything red/errors/warning?

Hmmm. I’m not entirely sure then. I hate to say it, but your chip might actually be dead then.

Unless anyone else has some troubleshooting ideas. Otherwise, your best bet may be to reach out to @amal directly and/or use the :help: orange help button on the main website to get help and possibly a replacement.

I’m not sure I can be of much more help, but best of luck to you!

Gen1 has dump and load commands. You can try loading working dump file.

Would it be possible to have someone film or do a screen capture of the values changing as you move the xM1 over the HF antenna?

Can someone post a dump file of a gen1a? I won’t be able to get one for at least a couple days as I’m moving a bunch of things in the lab and I don’t have access to both my proxmark or a Gen 1A card

gen1a.zip (947 Bytes)

KSEC gen1a

2 Likes

When displayed, it moves to a little over half

I wouldn’t be able to create a screenshot until later

Earlier I picked up my cell phone and suddenly the implant was recognized. I immediately opened Mifare Classic Tools and was able to read it out normally, all the data was there. As if nothing had ever happened. A few minutes later it was dead again. It seems to have some sort of loose connection. I tried cooling it with ice and warming it up with hot water to see if it might work again. Unfortunately without success.

this is in mtools. see also in the background. first the uid could be read then nothing more

damn… i think you might be correct. this seems like a bad connection either with the chip to the carrier board or the carrier board to the antenna wire. :confused:

I will respond further to the trouble ticket you submitted.

1 Like

I thought the xm1 was only ever available as a gen1 bc they couldn’t get gen2 in a bare die to be small enough for a x-series? Have I missed something?

Very old post, but will answer your question

1 Like

Yeah that confirms what I thought that the xm1 has never been sold as gen2. Turns out I had a typo in my previous post and put gen2 twice. I was just confused that stargazer said there was a normal xm1 with gen1a and the xm1+ was gen2, but the post from amal shows the xm1 original as a plain mifare chip and the xm1+ as the rewriteable.

Then mine is an XM1+

Oh sorry me being confused was completely unrelated to the conversation

We used to sell an xM1 that was a real mifare 1k chip, then we sold the xM1+ which was a magic mifare 1k gen1a… but it was experiential. Eventually we found we could not source the legitimate mifare chips anymore, and the magic mifare proved to be solid… so we just changed the name of the product to xM1 for the magic mifare gen1a

1 Like

there doesn’t seem to be a solution, does there? :sleepy:

I just got same problem since sunday my chip just suddenly stopped working and cant find it with proxmark easy what should i do i hate to take it out and put new one :frowning: already did with this flexmt had alot problems with but now that chip works perfect but the xm1 cant use :frowning:

Is that an actual xM1 or xMagic?

How long have you had it?
How long ago was it installed?
What location is it installed?
Any impact to that area?

Have you tried with any other readers including
your phone or flipper zero etc?