NCFKill attacks against implants

Wondering if anyone has seen this product yet?

I’m assuming implants are just as vulnerable to this as NFC/RFID cards. Kind of scary to think about getting swiped at DEFCON.

Has anyone thought about countermeasures?

Would anyone be interested if I started a thread under projects for some protective sleeve/glove designs?

(Forgive me if this has been mentioned elsewhere)

2 Likes

Damn would love to see some tests. @amal got anything on this?

1 Like

I see Lab401 is selling it also

This is actually a different product that targets devices with USB ports. But comparable outcomes for sure.

Go for it! It would be cool to see some glove or arm-gloves thin fabric to protect my chips at my cons!

2 Likes

Ok so I just purchased a pro version of the NFCKill. Looking forward to doing some VERY CAREFUL testing on the few non-implantable demo chips I have. I’ll also start looking for a good insulating material and post any leads in the projects thread.

3 Likes

something like
https://www.amazon.com/Shielding-Bluetooth-Military-Conductive-Adhesive/dp/B07RGS9H7N

You can make your own “professional NFC killer” on the cheap: buy a disposable camera with a flash, open it up, disconnect the flash bulb and connect it to a relay coil. Bring the coil next to the chip, charge, shoot - chip dead.

3 Likes

All the more terrifying.

Have you seen the test where amal exposed an x series implant to an EM pulse so large that it made the implant jump? It survived so I wouldn’t be so sure about the effectiveness of a few parts thrown together. The video is in the testing thread in the DT Info section.

3 Likes

I’ll check out the video. That’s a good thing if DT products survive EM surges. I just know I’ve fried many NFC chips embedded in debit cards with the camera flash gizmo.

1 Like

The range is up to 6 cm, so I’m thankful that it isn’t powerful enough to damage the chip from like 4 feet.

But if you are doing some testing, i would recommend shielding your implant by wrapping your hand with aluminum foil

3 Likes

Tinfoil glove - a new way to be paranoid :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Last I remember, @amal was investigating this.

1 Like

somebody send me one of these and we’ll publish tests for every product :slight_smile:

2 Likes

We could all chip in???
Patreon
PayPal
Go Fund Me

i was thinking if someone had one already i could borrow…

1 Like

I’ve got one on the way. I’ll DM you on Twitter.

3 Likes

@amal Looks like you’ll need to DM me. I have the same handle.

4 Likes

DM’d here on the forum

Amal :wink:

2 Likes