New biohacking member

That’s typically an issue with the reader / controller configuration. The chip itself is just data, and all data is just binary… there is not ascii or weigand … all digital days everywhere is binary… how it’s conveyed or represented is subject to the system and how it processes it… so if the chip can communicate it’s binary data to the reader successfully then everything else is beyond chip config and up to reader / controller config

Allright thanks!, i ll get to it this weekend interfacing it with arduino. :thinking:

Yeah so the reader can read the xEM or LF side of the NExT without issue… it’s set in EM mode by default. The ASCII output mode should work best for you with arduino

1 Like

couldn’t wait till the weekend :sweat_smile:

fiddled around a bit more this night, with a decent setup this time to test. (not just random wires soldered) :wink:

works excellent, 2cm read range easily!
thanks for the clarification btw @amal!!

2 Likes

That is awesome :+1:t2:

He is awesome :+1:t2:

2 Likes

For the ID-20(wiegand26 or ascii) is it compatible with the NExT out of the box? Or does the implant needs to be programmed first?

Hey buddy, apologise in advance, here is a link that may have further links that may answer your question…
It’s honestly not a wild goose chase

tenor (77)

1 Like

Thats where i found the id-20 in the first place, after buying some cheap chinese boards :sweat_smile:

Haha, I guess it was a wild goose chase :running_man:t3:

The NExT chip is pre-programmed in EM41xx mode with a 40 bit unique ID from factory
( Dangerous Things )

From what I found on the interwebs,

RFID Reader ID-20 (125 kHz)

Product description

Features:
2.8 - 5V supply
125kHz read frequency
EM4001 64-bit RFID tag compatible
9600bps TTL and RS232 output
Magnetic stripe emulation output
200mm read range

Dimensions: 38x40x7mm

Download data sheets here:
http://www.electronics123.net/amazon/datasheet/ID-2LA,%20ID-12LA,%20ID-20LA2013-4-10.pdf

http://bildr.org/2011/02/rfid-arduino/

I am having a guess here, based on the EM4100
Yes !?!

Haha, and going off this

That would be a confirmed yes. :+1:

I am in a doctor office for implant now 2 chips… NEXT and Spark2
I hope he can do it. He doesn’t,'t know my visit reasson.

1 Like

Si no te lo hacen, cuando pases por girona te los pongo yo, sin problema​:mask::partying_face:

2 Likes

No me lo han puesto :frowning:

Te los puedes implantar tu mismo, pero si necesitas ayuda mandame un privado te paso el WhatsApp y te envio mis videos de cuando me los autoimplante, y te puedo explicar por telefono, saludos.

2 Likes

dont trust the datasheet of the ID-20 btw.

found my error since i made it a second time when installing it for real :see_no_evil:
datasheet says pin 8 is the data pin and 9 the inverse. but it’s the other way around to get it talking with arduino :crazy_face:

2 Likes

in 2 hours i will be a biohack man! :wink:
i’m thinking spark2 in Right hand and NeXT in Left hand… or not… i’m confused!!!

2 Likes

4 Likes

Hahahaha

From mobile I can’t upload photos!! I put my 2 chips!!!
But vivokey can’t read with app… :roll_eyes:

1 Like

That could just be swelling. Some here have had issues right after implantation and some had little to no swelling like myself. if you are struggling, just give it a day or so and try again.

3 Likes

Agreed

I would even say a week or so…

1 Like