New Black Mirror episode idea

You could make a Black Mirror episode out of this patent.

https://patents.google.com/patent/US20210082583A1/en

1 Like

So as far as I can tell the patent comes down to “we have a device that hands out its ID to other devices in the vicinity, and we then choose who to vaccinate based on how much interaction these people have at ‘proximity events’”

I know that during a pandemic the last thing I want to do is to have to go to a big event of unvaccinated people to hope that I get vaccinated, and not just catch the disease.

2 Likes

A few statements that caught my eye…

Dedicated Mandatory App

In some embodiments, in view of the pandemic, the government may order the citizens to install a dedicated application on their smartphones (or other smart devices like tablets, smart watches, smart glasses, etc.) to help the government with the logistics of the vaccination procedures. In some embodiments, the government (or other body) provides the public with such dedicated smart devices. In some embodiments, the app and/or the smart device is configured to inform on the user’s location at all times and to communicate with adjacent smart devices (via Bluetooth for example) to assess the interactions between users, for example vicinity between users, movement of users, etc.). .

Monitoring Behavior of Subject* [0382]

In some embodiments, the behavior of the subject is monitored in relation to safety features performed by the subject, for example, wearing a mask (e.g., analyzing images taken during calls or other looking at screen of cellphone), washing his hands (e.g., analyzing sounds of water running or movement by a smartwatch), keeping social distancing (e.g., based on Bluetooth power levels and/or NFC detection), moving between multiple locations, etc.

I thought you were saying there is a new episode :frowning:
Would love this though

Better, cheaper option. Vaccinate everyone you can as soon as you can. Don’t worry about vectors, don’t spy on people, just line them all up and jab 'em.

Their approach could easily lead to the prime vectors turning out to be people who refuse to get vaccinated. But if most people they come into contact is vaccinated then we’re still good.

4 Likes