New NeXT chip. Cannot find T5577 chip in my hand

I got the NeXT chip implanted a few days ago.

I can scan the NFC and RFID sides of my NeXT chip on readers, but when using the Proxmark3 to write to it, I cannot find it for the life of me when doing an lf search. I’ve been trying for a half hour.

Is there a command I can run that can show me signal strength in realtime as I move the device around my hand to find the optimal position for reading and writing?

Give it a few weeks. The T5577 chip is a little hard to connect to through the swelling.

3 Likes

Ah patience. Would that I had some. If I must I will wait, but I’d prefer to have a verbose way of detecting the signal and hunting for a writable position. Does anyone know of any such way?

1 Like

Try lf tune and search for the lowest voltage (greatest drop). If you have an RDV4 you can experiment with changing the Q setting on the default antenna.

If you manage a successful read you should expect to see a EM41xx type tag.

1 Like

FWIW, It took 2-3 months to get a good coupling on my NeXT implant. Sometimes the chip can just be a little finicky.

1 Like

Thank you both. I’ll give it a shot. I cannot feel it in my hand, I suspect the installed stuck it deep in there.

If it’s only a couple of days, give it a week or so for swelling to go down. It took a while for me to be able to feel it in my hand.

Was the installer a DT recommended one?

1 Like

It took just under two weeks on my left hand and I think just over three weeks on my right to get reads. I found the HF read first and a few days to a week later, the LF. Both in L0 and R0 respectively.

2 Likes

Yeah, NFC should be getting readings fairly soon after install (2-3 days for me). Because the T5577 is LF, it needs a more ideal connection to, well, connect.

2 Likes

Yes. The only recommended one in NYC. He was excellent.

Yep. I’d say give it another few weeks. If it was the one recommended by DT, there’s virtually no chance that the chip was installed to deep.

1 Like

I will say that the NFC is detected by my phone immediately and I can scan the RFID side on a standard reader, I just cannot connect with the proxmark. I’ll wait for now until I’m able to successfully connect.

The proxmark has a needle point sweet spot, under the best circumstances… give yourself plenty of time

Also make sure you never write, until AFTER you’ve confirmed you can read it

It isn’t tear protected, so if it’s writing and isn’t coupled correctly it can corrupt data and leave you in a weird configuration… (usually recoverable so don’t freak out)

2 Likes

I still cannot read the chip with the proxmark. While LF tune is running, I’m lucky if I find a place where I can get 11,000 mV. I’m not sure what to do here.

The PM3 is notoriously tricky to get a good coupling, especially on implants that are a little deeper.
I am assuming you have done some reserch on the forum to find placement suggestions
Here’s an example

This is a shit answer, and I have never suggested this before, but a cheap confirmation could be something like grabbing one of these

NZ$ 10.26 | RF USB RFID Card Reader For Android Mini 125khz TK4100 or 13.56mhz MF NFC Portable Scanner Type C
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mKIKw2y

I have one and it reads really easily, much easier than the PM3, it will confirm your implant is working, but thats about all.

1 Like

Additional option

Last I heard @xemon was intending to make modified LF coils for the pm3 easy (I have one of his)

Huge difference in performance

1 Like