New user looking for advice on specific uses with the NExT and Spark 2

Hello everyone, I’m a completely new user to all things implant related. I learned about the existence of implants yesterday and I’ve spent roughly 8 hours or so reading up on these forums, product pages and various links I’ve come across in my pursuit of knowledge.

I find that I learn best with hands-on practice, so I ordered my NExT/Spark 2 bundle kit about an hour ago. I have some specific applications I’m looking to use these implants for and I wanted some feedback/corrections/advice/etc on them.

For the Spark 2 and xLED: I was planning to have them placed on my right hand and use the Spark 2 as a way to share my contact information and business links via NFC, though I’m not completely sure if this viable or the best use of the Spark 2. Could I use the VivoKey app on android to set up the Spark 2 to be scanned by a smartphone’s NFC reader and pull up my name and contact information including phone number and picture?

For the NExT: I was hoping to use this implant with the KBR1 to use the NTAG side to sign into my computer and login to certain sites and applications that I frequent and use the same password for. I was planning to try to setup the T5577 side of the chip to unlock/start my car and access a LF RFID safe and door lock.

Do these applications for these implants seem doable/viable/efficient?
Would I be better off getting additional implants for any of the above uses?
Are there better applications for the implants or more interesting uses?

Thank you in advance from a new learning user, I hope to see all of y’all around the forums.

EDIT: Just to be doubly sure, the xLED is just for the bling effect, correct? There is no technological function to it, it just lights up when it is within the correct field (in this application next to the Spark 2, whenever I am reading the NFC tag from the Spark 2?)

Double edit: I’m assuming I’ll need some form of accessory to do what I’d like to with the NExT, correct? What comes in the bundle I linked/purchased is not all that I will need in order to set up my implant to access an RFID safe/door lock and start my car, correct?
I had planned to change my PC password and some site/application passwords to the UID that the NTAG side has and use the KBR1 to sign in, which seems simple enough. I imagine that I could find a LF RFID lock and safe that would allow me to simply add the UID of my NExT T5577 implant to the locks, and not have to clone the keys to different implants. Is this just wishful thinking?

1 Like

Welcome :slight_smile:

I’d prefer the NExT HF side for that, because you can completely control that and put real vCARDs there (contact info), on the spark you only control a url.
Maybe Spark left NExT right? Are you right handed?

Yep

You’ll get the xAC for that in the bundle, look at the projects section, or the simple-sexy channel on discord, you’ll find what you need to know.

It’s a good start :slight_smile:You should consider some flexies tho’. And maybe a M1 if you ever encounter them e.g. in hotels.

Thanks for the speedy response!

I’d prefer the NExT HF side for that, because you can completely control that and put real vCARDs there (contact info), on the spark you only control a url. Maybe Spark left NExT right? Are you right handed?

I’m right handed but my PC is sat on my left, so I’d like to keep the KBR1 on my left mounted to the bottom of my desk. Because of that, I’d like whichever implant I use with the KBR1 to be in my left hand.

If I used the HF side of the NExT to share contact info, could I use the Spark 2 with the KBR1 to sign into my PC?

So the new setup would be Spark 2 on my left hand to sign into my PC, and NExT/xLED in my right hand to light up when I unlock my doors/safe with the LF side and share contact info with the HF side.

What tools or program would I use to write the contact info into the HF side of the NExT?

You’ll get the xAC for that in the bundle, look at the projects section, or the simple-sexy channel on discord, you’ll find what you need to know.

That was my plan for the xAC exactly, good to know I’m on the right track with that.

You should consider some flexies tho’. And maybe a M1 if you ever encounter them e.g. in hotels.

The M1 will definitely be next on my list, and I seriously considered the FlexNExT but decided I wanted to keep it as low profile as possible in terms of implant sizes for now.

Edit: A slightly off topic but related question, with the m1 implant I would be using a clone machine like this one to scan for example a hotel key and then copy it to the M1 implant?

I’m kinda sure the KBR1 reads the Spark 2 aswell.

TagWriter by NXP on your phone. Also get TagInfo.

Flexes are flatter than xSeries :smiley:

No, you’d use a normal NFC writer. With a flexM1 gen2 you could even use your phone. Read more here. The cloner is just for the T5577.

Can you change your locks at home?

TagWriter by NXP on your phone. Also get TagInfo.

Ah but I use an iPhone, I imagine I could buy a cheap android somewhere if that’s necessary.

Flexes are flatter than xSeries

I was specifically referencing my interest in the FlexNExT, the larger disk-like implant (I believe that’s what it’s called?) I didn’t pick up any flex implants yet because I wanted to go with one of the bundle options and do more research on all the different implants.

No, you’d use a normal NFC writer. With a flexM1 gen2 you could even use your phone. The cloner is just for the T5577.

Ah I see, so I won’t have any need for a cloner with the implants I ordered as long as I purchase an RFID safe/door lock that I can add UID’s to?

Can you change your locks at home?

Indeed :slight_smile:

I’ll probably get this lock.

Correct.

Yeah or get the https://dngr.ust/acr122u, you can probably use that for login @ pc too then.
Or idk, a proxmark. But I believe NXP has an IOS app, I’m sure you can do something via iPhones.

I’ll probably get this lock

Is there a particular reason why? My german isn’t exactly amazing, and I can’t seem to translate the site for some reason lol.

Yeah or get the https://dngr.ust/acr122u, you can probably use that for login @ pc too then.
Or idk, a proxmark. But I believe NXP has an IOS app, I’m sure you can do something via iPhones.

I did look at the acr122u NFC reader, but I think at the moment I won’t need it.

My current plan after taking into consideration what you’ve said is to:
-Place the Spark 2 in my left hand for use with the KBR1 that I bought to sign into my PC and other sites/applications
-Place the NExT in my right hand and use the HF side to share contact information after using NXP to set it up (I’ll have to do a lot of research on this)
-Use the NExT LF side to unlock/start my car and open my safe/front door. I expect that I’ll most likely buy an RFID door lock and clone the UID from its key to the T5577 LF side of my implant, and then add that UID to my gun safe and the xAC that I will put on my car.
-Place the xLED in my right hand with the NExT for the cool light up effect when I share contact info. I may buy another xLED to put in my left hand with the spark to light up when I sign into my PC.

Solid plan.

It’s basically the only lock that’s confirmed to work well with the HF side of my NExT.
Actually I hope a german DT competitor restocks their locks, but who knows. Maybe I’ll get me one of those door handles like rosco.

It’s basically the only lock that’s confirmed to work well with the HF side of my NExT.

It looked like there were several locks confirmed on the compatibility list?

Don’t think there are many EU cylinders? But yeah I’ll do some more research before buying a lock.

As an additional note. iPhones won’t read anything but a url from implants. An android would read a full vCard but not an iPhone. Your original plan with a Spark2 to send to a url would work just as well as the NExT with an iPhone. And you can still get the NXP apps on iOS

1 Like

The product should/probably has a link to a thread in this forum, if it does, make sure you read it thoroughly to adjust your performance expectations.
ie. What easily works with a FlexEM, may not work as easily with an xEM etc

iPhones won’t read anything but a url from implants. An android would read a full vCard but not an iPhone. Your original plan with a Spark2 to send to a url would work just as well as the NExT with an iPhone.

So I can’t share a contact card with someone on an iPhone using NFC? I guess I could set up a webpage that contains all that information pretty easily, but I thought iPhones read NFC aside from just URLS.

I’ve been experimenting with my new NExT I installed yesterday and it turns out you can write a contact card to the chip that can be shared to an iPhone, however iPhones won’t actively open an NDEF if it’s not a URL. Which basically means the iPhone you’re using to scan the chip would have to run an NFC reader app to see a contact card. Simple solution is to use something like linktree and make your own contact card that has a URL

1 Like

however iPhones won’t actively open an NDEF if it’s not a URL. Which basically means the iPhone you’re using to scan the chip would have to run an NFC reader app to see a contact card. Simple solution is to use something like linktree and make your own contact card that has a URL

Yeah that became my plan once I was told iPhone wouldn’t open a contact card. I actually just finished setting up a linktree page haha. It loses the cool factor if I have to make everyone with an iPhone download an app to give them my contact info. I think I’ll still use HF side of the NExT for that.

Yeah that was my thought too!

I’ve been trying to practice where to scan the chip too because iPhones are a bit temperamental when it comes to NFC. I’m wasn’t sure if my hand is slightly swollen and the iPhone was struggling to reach the chip or if the iPhone was just being awkward :joy: but when you use an app it seems to scan it with ease, in comparison to scanning it without the app, where it seems to struggle a bit.

I think iPhones are a bit arrogant when it comes to actively searching for nfc.

I’ve been trying to practice where to scan the chip too because iPhones are a bit temperamental when it comes to NFC.

I’ll be putting an xLED next to it so that should hopefully help a little bit!

Just remember the antenna installation thing. I remember seeing it somewhere that the antenna on the chip is length ways and the phone should be perpendicular to scan it.

Please feel free if anyone would like to correct me if I’m wrong :grimacing::sweat_smile:

I’m having it all installed by one of the DT partners so I don’t think I should have any install issues, fingers crossed. Does your iPhone have a case on it when it’s having difficulty reading?

Great. I wasn’t patient enough to do that :sweat_smile:

I’ve tried it without a case, and I’ve tried it with another iPhone too. It just seems that they don’t actively search for NFC tags like androids, unless like I mentioned, it could be swollen :man_shrugging:t4: