NFC Computer Unlocker

A while ago I made a more compact version, inspired by a facebook friend @FastBlinker

4 Likes

Interesting, haven’t thought of that :slight_smile:
I’ll try that next time I’m making one again

1 Like

And his version works :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Could I unlock my computer with the flexEM when it comes in?

You would need an LF reader
something like this

HiLetgo 125Khz EM4100 USB RFID ID Card Reader Swipe Card Reader Plug and Play with Cable First 10 Digit https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01MZYYDUV/ref=cm_sw_r_em_apa_i_1WQZEb7JV9R8S

2 Likes

If you wanted a project like the one this post is about you could duplicate it almost exactly with a 125kHz reader like this or this among others. You could also make it work with a off the shelf standard reader like in this project that I will get back to soon™. Or somthing like what @Pilgrimsmaster linked whick is fully of the shelf.

2 Likes

Thanks guys

1 Like

The flexEM contains a LF emulator chip, by default it’s programmed to emulate EM4100, but with a cloning device (proxmark RDV4 in combination with the ProxLF module is recommended) it can be programmed differently, to emulate an HID ProxCard or Indala.
At home I have a HID Prox reader, so a while ago I connected it to an Arduino with some breadboard wires and was able to read my xEM in HID mode.
Maybe this weekend I’ll spend some time writing another tutorial for the combination of Arduino Leonardo and HID Prox reader.

1 Like

hi i cant scan my chip. and if after ~50 attempts it turns out then it gives an error MAX_NDEF_RECORDS. nfc tools shows my chip supports NfsA, Mifare Ultralight and Ndef

So first off what chip do you have. What are you trying to read it with? That “error” sounds more write related than read.

I can’t say for sure, I ordered it for ebay.
Trying to read with pn532 module.
Collected everything according to the scheme, but the chip is read very rarely and with an error

works everywhere except for this project. maybe you need to write something on it? or the format is wrong? but the reader sometimes managed to read

Is it implanted?

yes

Do you have the ebay listing handy?

Frequency: 13.56MHz
Chip: NTAG216
Standard and Protocol: ISO 14443A

It could be just bad coupling

Hahahaha, Are you sure you can’t give us more information…?

Is it something like this?

When did you implant it?

same

Okay, Now we are getting somewhere

I need you to answer the following questions please:

When did you install it?

What phone do you have?

What app are you using? only NFC Tools?

What are you actually trying to do when you are getting the error?

Can you list anything else you have tried to do with the chip?

1.2 months ago
2. Samsung A50
3. Nfc Tools
4. trying to count the uid in order to enter Windows
5. nothing else